All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th November 2012, 04:05 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by davcol View Post
Yeah im a bit puzzled by your outburst, i think you should come down off your high horse anyone would think you had restored the disc yourself.
To answer your question upon reflection im not so bothered about the disc or the poster as i have a decent AWE copy.
I'm not on any high horse, most people round these parts know me well enough to know I'm not like that. I just think that with what we're getting there's very little room for complaints.

To put it into perspective: back in the day this film was vilified and banned in the UK. There was no legal way of seeing this film uncut. Now we're finally getting it uncut and in HD no less. A poster is the least of my concerns, to be honest. As long as the film on the disc is presented well and is uncut. I can understand people wanting the poster, but it's available in all the other options, just not the standard BD edition. Arrow have explained the situation well in advance of its release so you can cancel and re-order a release that does include the poster, if you so wish. If the poster doesn't fit, it doesn't fit. Not a lot Arrow can do about that.

And having complained about the lack of a poster you declare you're not buying it anyway, as you have the AWE disc. So you're not into Blu-ray yet, then?
Old 26th November 2012, 04:14 PM
Active Cultist

I only wrote that i was happy that you were satisfied with the new Arrow Zombie Flesh Eaters and i got a long winded reply insinuating ungratefulness.
Old 26th November 2012, 04:17 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by davcol View Post
I only wrote that i was happy that you were satisfied with the new Arrow Zombie Flesh Eaters and i got a long winded reply insinuating ungratefulness.
I was insinuating nothing of the sort, I'm sorry that's all you got from my reply. Long winded? I could go on even more.

But you indicate that you're happy with your AWE DVD. So, if I understand correctly, you're complaining about the lack of a poster in the standard Blu edition that you weren't going to buy anyway..? So I'm not sure why you're annoyed?
Old 26th November 2012, 04:24 PM
Active Cultist

Im not annoyed, im disappointed that the poster issue couldnt be overcome.
Old 26th November 2012, 04:44 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Couldn´t they just put the poster in an envelope or something, and send it in the same package as the Unlimited BD?

Doesn´t bother me though as I ordered the Limited, and also already have the original UK poster on the wall. But I can understand that some are disappointed by this.
Old 26th November 2012, 04:49 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel76 View Post
Couldn´t they just put the poster in an envelope or something, and send it in the same package as the Unlimited BD?
That wouldn't work for those buying the disc instore or even on other websites though.
Old 26th November 2012, 05:06 PM
Cultist

I'm not bothered by no poster, I'm not that bothered by extras, I just want the film! This will be the umpteenth edition I've bought of this film and it looks and sounds the best, at last we in the UK can have ZFE in a decent edition

Congrats to all involved
Old 26th November 2012, 05:33 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

That's it! No bloody poster in the standard BD! I'm done with Arrow! I'm cancelling all my pre-orders. I've had enough.......

I'm joking obviously. But yes, it's a shame they've just found out that the poster won't fit inside the case. I'm sure a lot of people will be upset, and just focus on this now. But I can live without a poster. It's not a deal breaker.
Daemonia, PaulD and Susan Foreman like this.
Old 26th November 2012, 05:38 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
But I can live without a poster. It's not a deal breaker.
That's exactly my outlook on it, especially since the poster was added at a much later date than the original announcement. I see it as an extra at best.
Old 26th November 2012, 06:17 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
That's it! No bloody poster in the standard BD! I'm done with Arrow! I'm cancelling all my pre-orders. I've had enough.......

I'm joking obviously. But yes, it's a shame they've just found out that the poster won't fit inside the case. I'm sure a lot of people will be upset, and just focus on this now. But I can live without a poster. It's not a deal breaker.
It's not the first Arrow release that doesn't come with a poster is it!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!