All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th November 2012, 11:23 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

yeah, Arrow just posted the pic. The hand artwork still annoys me with no border around it (but I will be displaying it anyway).
Old 30th November 2012, 11:29 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
yeah, Arrow just posted the pic. The hand artwork still annoys me with no border around it (but I will be displaying it anyway).
The We are going to eat you artwork annoys me with a border!

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 30th November 2012, 11:38 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
I still have the final pages off the 'discussion' on my e-mails. Pooch got called out for using his own blog as evidence of arrows incompetence, then he claimed to be an award winning journalist with a first from cambridge when it says he got a 2.2 from manchester on his own blog! There was a little backtracking from pooch but I suspect he pulled the review himself to save a little face.
Award winning journalist?

Let's just say he's left enough evidence of himself in profiles across the internet that clearly show he works a regular job and doesn't do any of the things he makes extravagant claims about. I could've really gone to town on him, but I wouldn't stoop to his level. Still, that's the funniest thing I've read today.
vipco and keirarts like this.
Old 30th November 2012, 11:41 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Anchor Bay put out an identical edition over here. I reckon BU will get around to putting it out on BD at some point.
I'm really hoping this is one of the titles BU have lined up for Blu next year.

If they put out this and Nightmare City on Blu, I'll be a happy man. Easily pleased, I am.
vipco likes this.
Old 30th November 2012, 11:46 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Award winning journalist?

Let's just say he's left enough evidence of himself in profiles across the internet that clearly show he works a regular job and doesn't do any of the things he makes extravagant claims about. I could've really gone to town on him, but I wouldn't stoop to his level. Still, that's the funniest thing I've read today.

Ha, I know! Google is a wonderful thing!

Quote:
Which brings me onto Internet Trolls and Amazon's Review System. I discussed this in my previous post. Well, there's been a further development. And no, I don't come out of this very well, so this is not exactly a chest-beating blog entry by any means.

After 12 long-winded pages, of name-calling, bitching, slagging-off, vitiriol, accusations - from me and from several of the other postees - I finally removed my 1-Star Amazon Review of Arrow's ZOMBIE FLESH-EATERS Blu-Ray release - which is out on Monday 3rd December, if anyone's interested. Why did I delete it?

Did I give-in to the Internet Trolls who kept having a go at me, and calling me a liar, a treacherous deviant, etc?

No.

Did I do it, because my 1-Star Review was not an actual review?

No

Did I do it, because my 1-Star Review was for an unreleased product, and therefore invalidated itself?

Again, no.

So why did I delete it?!

Simply because, I could. I got to have the last say. I got to say "you know what, screw you" to the majority of people in those threads who thought they could point-score by simply trying to pick me up on every, single trivial detail. I was the one, who had the last laugh - and, at their expense. Because now, there's no 1-Star Review for them to bitch about slanderous. Now, there's no option for them to go: (insert your own make-believe Internet Troll voice here) "Oh, you said blah, blah, blah, and you know nothing".

I got to delete all of them, and whilst they can try and claim some kind of smug, self-satisfaction that They won the argument. I can say to myself: "You know what, let it go. Most of them are morons. None of them actually knew you. You'll never meant any of them. The majority of them are probably just pre-teen, trolls desperately trying to make something of themselves behind the anonymity of a PC screen, trying to be big and clever at your expense".

And you know what? Deleting that review, and all 140-odd comments that followed-on from that review, are now gone. Au revoir. Arrivederci. Sayonara. Good Riddance. There were one or two, who wrote decent, intelligent posts. Some of those people, I may well come across on Amazon's Reviews again. But the vast majority of contributors were outright idiots.

In fact, I'm starting to think that the Internet is no longer quite the grand place it once was. The trolls are beginning to take over, and ruin the Internet. For everyone. Like the Tabloid Hacks, the Trolls like to make petty arguments, taking a counter-stance to everything you say, and simply regurgitating the opposite, in order to make themselves feel bigger, better, more adult. The Trolls think they know everything. I don't just mean in the general sense. I mean, they really, truly and utterly believe that they really do know every single ****ing thing. About every single ****ing topic under the sun. Of topics past, of topics present, and of topics to come in the future.

These ****wits seem to think, they are Stephen Fry-intelligent. Not even close, bud (to coin a totally non-topical phrase from John Hughes' excellent 1985 pre-slacker flick THE BREAKFAST CLUB)!

To the Trolls, I say this: "Start acting less like your shoe-size, and more like your supposed I.Q."
Jaw-dropping stuff. People that deluded and up their own rectums really aren't even worth bothering with

Anyway ZFE eh? Should be a great release!
Daemonia, Rik, Justin101 and 1 others like this.
Old 30th November 2012, 11:52 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Ha, I know! Google is a wonderful thing!
Yeah, I also Googled myself just to make sure there's no traces of incriminating evidence online on all those por...erm...educational sites I visit.
vipco, PaulD and Hawkmonger like this.
Old 30th November 2012, 11:58 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Jaw-dropping stuff. People that deluded and up their own rectums really aren't even worth bothering with
There was only one moronic troll on that thread, but he's too blind to see it was himself. He should try looking in the mirror and saying all that to himself. But, I'm going to bite my tongue here. Honestly, though, I think he's very unbalanced and possibly a bit dangerous. I'll be steering well clear of him.
vipco, Vampix and Rik like this.

Last edited by Daemonia; 30th November 2012 at 12:14 PM.
Old 30th November 2012, 12:08 PM
Cult Acolyte

I am waiting on Amazon as well. I thought that they would have sent it today.

**Dispatch Estimate Monday 3 Dec 2012. Delivery estimate Thursday 6 Dec 2012 - Saturday 8 Dec 2012
Not yet dispatched **
Daemonia likes this.
Old 30th November 2012, 02:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Amazon tend to send stuff on Sunday lately. I'm looking forward to getting my dispatch note but it means nothing these days since the local post is getting worse and worse too!
Old 30th November 2012, 04:36 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

^^Some people eat themselves up rather than just say you know what I was wrong about..or even just I've had a change of heart.
Daemonia likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!