Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th November 2012, 01:48 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
There's definitely a lot of anticipation especially following the reviews. I'm a rare double dipper myself when it comes owning the same film on the same format but I was always sold on the extras alone for this one. Now that I've read reviews of the transfer I cannot wait for my copy to arrive and am dying to see the film again.
I agree mate, i wasnt gonna at first even tho i always thought the extras looked great but sometimes you gotta admit defeat and 11 quid for a new blue- ray is reasonable as well.
robertzombie and PaulD like this.
Old 30th November 2012, 04:04 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I think with Django Prepare a Coffin being out on Arrowdrome, any future SW's will be the same. I'm hoping for more early 80's V***o N*****s stuff like Anthropophagus or Cannibal Ferox(an uncut release highly unlikely due to the animal violence) or maybe a nice HD set of Zombie Holocaust or Contamination to tie in with this release.
I know its not Arrow but BU put out that one and its fairly cheap now..don't think its a blu though. Be good to see an upgrade.
Old 30th November 2012, 04:13 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowFan View Post
I know its not Arrow but BU put out that one and its fairly cheap now..don't think its a blu though. Be good to see an upgrade.
No, the BU release of Contamination is DVD. It's a great-looking DVD though and as you say is pretty cheap. I'm sure I got mine for about £6 delivered.
Old 30th November 2012, 06:42 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I see that PoochJD's excuse of a review has now disappeared completely from Amazon. Good. It was an idiotic 'review' and may well have put off potential buyers. It's not a bad release, as he hoped it would be. So I guess that's a poke in the eye for him. Hopefully he'll refrain from such idiocy in future. But there's no doubt his reputation (what little he had) will be irreparably damaged after this. No-one's going to take him seriously now.

And why haven't Amazon shipped my steelie yet! Bastards! Send it! Send it! SEND IT!!!!

I still have the final pages off the 'discussion' on my e-mails. Pooch got called out for using his own blog as evidence of arrows incompetence, then he claimed to be an award winning journalist with a first from cambridge when it says he got a 2.2 from manchester on his own blog! There was a little backtracking from pooch but I suspect he pulled the review himself to save a little face.
Daemonia and robertzombie like this.
Old 30th November 2012, 08:45 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by davcol View Post
Is this the most hyped release ever ? ive never double dipped before but its christmas after all
I'll always re-buy Zombie Flesh-Eaters even though I've already got three DVD editions of the film (four now with the new Arrow 2-discer).I'm gonna be buying the Arrow Blu as well at some point for the superior PQ and possibly the Blue Underground Blu for the extras.
vipco likes this.
Old 30th November 2012, 09:17 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowFan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
No, the BU release of Contamination is DVD. It's a great-looking DVD though and as you say is pretty cheap. I'm sure I got mine for about £6 delivered.
Anchor Bay put out an identical edition over here. I reckon BU will get around to putting it out on BD at some point.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 30th November 2012, 11:07 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Rik, PaulD, sawyer6 and 1 others like this.
Old 30th November 2012, 11:10 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refused View Post
Git!

(actually hopefully mine will come today then)
Old 30th November 2012, 11:12 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Ha, it isn't mine.

Probably should have said - Arrow just posted it on their Facebook page, so looks like it'll be shipping soon.
Old 30th November 2012, 11:15 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refused View Post
Ha, it isn't mine.

Probably should have said - Arrow just posted it on their Facebook page, so looks like it'll be shipping soon.

Ah damn you! I was all excited there, expecting mine to come today!

Like this? Share it using the links below!