Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th October 2012, 07:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yep for me The Exorcist has become a film about the slow destruction of a child which I still find harrowing. I think it's a hugely powerful film... I must say I love the What an excellent day for an exorcism... line. It comes directly from the book. I quoted one of the exchanges between Karras and the Demon, on the blog. Well worth checking out, Blatty's dialogue is fantastic...
Rik likes this.
Old 14th October 2012, 07:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Yep for me The Exorcist has become a film about the slow destruction of a child which I still find harrowing. I think it's a hugely powerful film... I must say I love the What an excellent day for an exorcism... line. It comes directly from the book. I quoted one of the exchanges between Karras and the Demon, on the blog. Well worth checking out, Blatty's dialogue is fantastic...
That line was my signature on here for awhile, love it.
I read the book at least once a year and have done pretty much every year for the last 21 years since I first read it, even though I know the story off by heart, it's still a harrowing and powerful read and still has me gripped in as much that I usually finish it off in one or two sittings. The copy I have was bought for 75p from a second hand bookshop back in 1991 and it's still holding out!

Edit: Just checked out your blog(great BTW), that is the same cover as my copy although mine is the third or fourth edition
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 14th October 2012, 07:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I brought up The Exorcist earlier so I better get this back on topic... Zombie Flesh Eaters is a massive film for me - it was my first Italian Horror and there was no going back. I first saw the film courtesy of VIPCO's infamous cut "uncut" VHS tape and even after BBFC molestation the film's brilliance was obvious. That VIPCO tape was missing the opening prologue, imagine my shock when I later picked up the uncut Dragon DVD...
Old 14th October 2012, 07:58 PM
Cult Acolyte

(does anyone else prefer the third film) . . . ?
Rik likes this.
Old 14th October 2012, 07:59 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Yes.
Old 14th October 2012, 08:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Great film from a great great book, but no

Anyway, 7 weeks til ZFE is unleashed upon us!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 14th October 2012, 08:10 PM
Cult Acolyte

7 WEEKS! Psh that's aaaages

Looking forward to it. I can barely remember anything from it since the one time I saw it at Uni . . .
Old 14th October 2012, 08:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

(Thanks for the kind word Rik)

I dunno if anyone remembers this but the VIPCO tape of Zombie Flesh Eaters had that audio hiccup on the opening few seconds of the theme music, so much so that I can't quite get used to not hearing it on subsequent DVDs !
Beyond72, Rik and Steel76 like this.
Old 14th October 2012, 08:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
(Thanks for the kind word Rik)

I dunno if anyone remembers this but the VIPCO tape of Zombie Flesh Eaters had that audio hiccup on the opening few seconds of the theme music, so much so that I can't quite get used to not hearing it on subsequent DVDs !
I remember that from my VHS copy!
Old 14th October 2012, 10:54 PM
Cult Addict

A nice extra, just out of curiosity's sake would be the cut eye-gouge from the 'extreme' version, the first uk dvd with some of the gore reinstated, I actually thought the shortened BBFC approved version was more shocking as it was really sudden and quick, it actually felt more violent, the full length version of the scene goes on for so long it becomes something.....else.

Like this? Share it using the links below!