All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st December 2012, 04:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
I'd be very surprised if replacement diss were sent out. Dunno why but just a hunch I have.
I'm not so sure

ZFE is easily Arrows biggest title to date, do they really want their biggest title to become known as problem disc which they not only ballsed up but then told their buyers to live with the consequences of that balls up.

If enough people create a fuss, I think they will run a replacement program but it will take a good number of complaints.
Old 31st December 2012, 04:52 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam tyler View Post
I'm not so sure

ZFE is easily Arrows biggest title to date, do they really want their biggest title to become known as problem disc which they not only ballsed up but then told their buyers to live with the consequences of that balls up.

If enough people create a fuss, I think they will run a replacement program but it will take a good number of complaints.

Funny enough that's exactly what Disney did with the UK BD of the Avengers
Old 31st December 2012, 05:31 PM
Active Cultist

If they did it with The Beyond then I don't see why not. However, it will be a hellish blow to the relatively slim profits involved. If it stopped them from spending proper money on restorations I'd be more than happy with what I have and I am already to be honest. I have a feeling that the majority of Joe Public wont be that fussed.
Old 31st December 2012, 05:36 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

If Arrow sourced the disk authoring out and it was the fault if the authoring house then they should pick up the tab. Then again, they could argue that Arrow would have most certainly had a check disc.
Old 31st December 2012, 05:42 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
And, as time's gone on the missing 6 seconds has started to bother me, like others have said, if it was 6 seconds of gore that was missing then there would be an outrage, so I hope they send out replacement discs.
What I want to know is will they send out one disc per person, because I have 2 copies of the steelbook and the LE Slipcase edition?
I have to admit I don't agree with the the 6 seconds of gore sentiment. Gore is essentially what makes the film stand out. It's not the only thing but, let's be honest, if there was no extreme gore this film wouldn't matter.

If there is a replacement then I don't see why you shouldn't get as many as you bought. It would be interesting to know how many people still have duff copies of The Beyond as not everybody reads these forums or the Arrow site.
Old 31st December 2012, 05:50 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
If Arrow sourced the disk authoring out and it was the fault if the authoring house then they should pick up the tab. Then again, they could argue that Arrow would have most certainly had a check disc.
Yeah, if they have any sense something will be written into the contract. Once approved or the likes.

Having said that, for House by the Cemetery I think, Arrow did state they were not happy with the encode but released it anyway so who knows.
Old 31st December 2012, 06:46 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I doubt Arrow will do anything about this at all.

Its not like they take advice from here anymore, and if its selling well enough, why does the thoughts of a minority bunch of forum users matter anyway?
Daemonia, VicDakin, Pete and 3 others like this.
Old 31st December 2012, 07:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
I doubt Arrow will do anything about this at all.

Its not like they take advice from here anymore, and if its selling well enough, why does the thoughts of a minority bunch of forum users matter anyway?
I think they'll only give us this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg arrow free zombie_hand.jpg (38.6 KB, 13 views)
Old 1st January 2013, 01:54 PM
Cult Addict

uploadfromtaptalk1357052080871.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Rik, Sobral, keirarts and 7 others like this.
Old 2nd January 2013, 08:30 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Arrow's response to my question...

Hi Stephen sorry for the delayed response, we were all on Christmas break so Facebook didn't receive much attention unfortunately. There is indeed an issue with the seamless branching on the Blu-ray which cuts out a few frames - it's far from 6 seconds! Cut from black/'Directed by Lucio Fulci' title and then the boat comes in from screen right and moves along the screen; the blu-ray actually kicks in a few frames early where the boat is in the middle of the screen rather than coming in from screen right. Hopefully that clears things up, apologies for the error, very frustrating despite this having 3 separate QCs and not being noticed by any reviewers!

A few frames? More like 144 of them. It's definitely 6 seconds missing. So, as I suspected, they're not going to be doing anything about it.
fuzzymctiger likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!