All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd January 2013, 09:57 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
6 seconds os footage dropped by mistake that doesn't actualy show anything? I'm not really bothered.
I am.

It could have been the best Arrow release ever. Everything looked so magnificent. It's a fantastic film, released on Blu-ray and DVD, there's a fine Limited Edition, a cute-looking steelbook, the special features are excellent, too - and they f*cked up big time once more.

So Zombie Flesh Eaters is another fine Arrow release "disfigured" by a tiny but annoying flaw.
Obviously no lessons learned from The Beyond.

I repeat: I am bothered about this. Arrow leaving this forum, all the trouble with the pre-Christmas shipments from the Arrow website, and now this - yes, I am bothered indeed. Arrow seems to become a travesty despite many fantastic releases of a great number of excellent films. In fact, I'm bothered, angry, and - most important - sad - because I still like Arrow very much.

Greetings!
Rik and Dave Boy like this.
Old 2nd January 2013, 09:58 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
So what? We know it's 6 seconds, they won't admit they made a mistake that bad, but does it still make an impact on the flow of the narrative? No. I really don't see what the problem is here.
The problem is it's not an uncut release as clearly stated on the packaging, and it is a **** up that should be sorted out
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 2nd January 2013, 09:59 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Now if it had been 6 seconds of a scene where characters spoke or in the middle of the hospital siege then fine, i'm sure more of us would have noticed sooner, even my short sightedness would have dug out the BU BD and checked. But no, it's 6 seconds of a ship. Big whoop. Will our live's feel more completewhen we have seen the missing 6 seconds restored, 6 seconds in which a camera pan's out? Will we really miss it that much? I won't, I know it's there, and there's nothing worth getting angry about. It's 6 seconds showing the hull of a ship. Am I the only one who thinks some people are blowing this out of proportion? It was a mistake, very human yes, they should have noticed, but at least it occures at a time when, thank christ, nothing is happening.
It's a mistake and it should be rectified. Doesn't matter if anything important is happening or not. They messed it up, pure and simple. It's that kind of complacency that will make them think the next time they make a mistake, however minor, people will just shrug their shoulders and accept it.
Old 2nd January 2013, 09:59 AM
Cult Addict

....IT'S 6 SECOND OF A HULL OF A SHIP!!! How is this a big issue?!
Old 2nd January 2013, 10:02 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Apparently future pressings will include this poster instead

Attachment 95192
And the zombie hand will be giving the finger

Re: Hawkmongers comments - there are loads of minor edits you can make without disrupting the flow of the narrative but to me that's not the point. Maybe it's because I have a huge interest in film editing but it is annoying that the film isn't as intended regardless of how insignificant the omissions are.

The Arrow release is still by far the best release out there, don't l get me wrong, but I'd trade the alternate titles for that missing 6 seconds in a flash.
Old 2nd January 2013, 10:02 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
So what? We know it's 6 seconds, they won't admit they made a mistake that bad, but does it still make an impact on the flow of the narrative? No. I really don't see what the problem is here.
Obviously you don't. It's not what the footage is that's the issue for me, and others. It's the fact that it's missing. It shouldn't have happened and they should rectify it.
Prince_Vajda and Dave Boy like this.
Old 2nd January 2013, 10:03 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Calm down.
Prince_Vajda likes this.
Old 2nd January 2013, 10:03 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
If Fulci hadn't wanted that 6 seconds of ship hull to have been in at the start of the film then it wouldn't have been in originally. It's as simple as that.
Gojirosan and Prince_Vajda like this.
Old 2nd January 2013, 10:08 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Obviously you don't. It's not what the footage is that's the issue for me, and others. It's the fact that it's missing. It shouldn't have happened and they should rectify it.
No, I still don't get it. I didn't notice this until people started mentioning this, so i'll just agree to disagree. It doesn't bother me that much because....it's 6 seconds of a ship.
Old 2nd January 2013, 10:09 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
If Fulci hadn't wanted that 6 seconds of ship hull to have been in at the start of the film then it wouldn't have been in originally. It's as simple as that.
That's the best response I've heard yet.

Like this? Share it using the links below!