Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Books, Magazines & Comics
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1691Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd July 2023, 03:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

On it's way..

347230304_271695875326848_1510531546309019449_n.jpg

The latest book from Wayne Kinsey which will be volume 5 in his excellent Hammer Scrapbook series.
Old 3rd August 2023, 08:19 AM
Cult Acolyte

Blimey! I missed this one.. August 8th.

91nyofy0sQL.jpg

Official retrospective hardback book telling the story of the making of Conan The Barbarian, including interviews with cast and crew and featuring behind-the-scenes photography from the shoot.

In 1982, Robert E. Howard's iconic literary anti-hero, Conan, slashed his way from page to screen after a perilous decades-long journey. With its potent mix of epic vistas and bloody battles, Conan the Barbarian thrilled moviegoers around the world and launched the career of Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Forty years after its release, this cult-classic film is celebrated in Conan the Barbarian – The Official Story of the Film, a lush hardback volume that tells the full story of how the film was made. Brand new interviews with cast and crew, as well behind-the-scenes photography from the set and concept art created for the production, give fascinating insights into the development of one of the best-loved fantasy films of the 1980s.
Old 24th August 2023, 06:53 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default October 2nd

Quote:
Our second volume showcasing the work of Graham Humphreys contains almost 100 new paintings, many of them created during the pandemic. With home entertainment playing such a crucial role during the Covid years, Graham found himself busier than ever and with increased focus. From blu-ray reissues to soundtrack LP covers, and book jackets to private commissions, this new work is among the artist's best yet. Classic horror, independent films, and reimaginings of cult movie posters, it's all here! All the work featured was painted in the traditional medium of gouache on watercolour paper, using techniques that Graham has refined over his 42 years as a professional illustrator. The book's title is a nod to the marketing of the famous movie franchise in which Graham was involved.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nightmare-O...mx_gp_ob1evrko
Old 24th August 2023, 08:56 PM
Cult Veteran

That’s weird I ordered that earlier

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 24th August 2023, 09:54 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
That’s weird I ordered that earlier
I have the first book with all his classic cinema posters in. Hung Drawn and Executed.

I'm not so impressed with his art for video labels in recent years. Some have been excellent but more often than not they've seemed like quick chuck everything and the kitchen sink in there as well type paintings. Churn 'em out as quick as possible. No comparison with his earlier stuff.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 1st October 2023, 08:45 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Awesome. Just found this in the bottom of the box which stores my Halloween decs.

I couldn't find it for the life of me when i was watching all the Palin series earlier in the year. Thought i'd somehow lost it.

Himalaya, signed by Michael Palin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1247 (Large).JPG (93.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1248 (Large).JPG (41.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 2nd October 2023, 01:42 PM
Cult Veteran

Just delivered. It’s a nice collection of modern day posters and covers he’s done for the likes of BFI, Arrow Video, 88 Films, Second Sight etc. quite a variety and a nice companion to the previous book.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!