Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Books, Magazines & Comics (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   The Film Books Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/books-magazines-comics/215-film-books-thread.html)

Philleh 9th June 2010 01:31 PM

My Cannibal: The Sickest Consumer Guide arrived on Monday! Woo!

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 9th June 2010 04:53 PM

Oooh is that any good Philleh? I was gonna get that too! Weird or what? Anything on zombies (doubt it)?

Got Eaten Alive: Italian Cannibal And Zombie Movies the other day. It's quite good. Just a series of reviews for every Italian cannibal/zombie film and more. I was hoping for some more in-depth stuff really, rather than what Lloyd Kaufman thinks of Cannibal Holocaust :laugh:

Pete 9th June 2010 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 85245)

Got Eaten Alive: Italian Cannibal And Zombie Movies the other day. It's quite good. Just a series of reviews for every Italian cannibal/zombie film and more. I was hoping for some more in-depth stuff really, rather than what Lloyd Kaufman thinks of Cannibal Holocaust :laugh:

That was the first film book I ever bought (got it signed by Catriona MaColl and Lamberto Bava)

Philleh 9th June 2010 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 85245)
Oooh is that any good Philleh? I was gonna get that too! Weird or what? Anything on zombies (doubt it)?

They've been mentioned in passing dude! :lol:

I've only read the forward and first chapter that skimmed over the Mondo genre. Not too bad so far to be hoenst. Looking forward to reading more in between reading about crazy ass Vanessa Del Rio! :spit:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 9th June 2010 05:57 PM

That's awesome Loops!!! :clap: :clap: When did you get that signed mate?

Ah right, cheers Phil. Sounds pretty interesting :)

Philleh 9th June 2010 05:59 PM

When we were in Glasgow, Loopo?

Pete 9th June 2010 06:00 PM

Scotland. Bava was a the first Arrow event with Deodato (I got him to sign some dvd covers but not the book for some reason)

MaColl signed it at the last one.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 9th June 2010 06:14 PM

Ah right! That book is like royalty! :woot: :rockon:

Gigantor 11th June 2010 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 84640)
You can get it on Amazon for about £25 dude! :thumb:

I guess thers a special edition version of the book because when I was looking it up on Amazon it was really expensive.

Philleh 23rd June 2010 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigantor (Post 85667)
I guess thers a special edition version of the book because when I was looking it up on Amazon it was really expensive.

Yeah, there was some uber release that came out a little while back - the company who release it put out some stunning books... with stunning price tags to match! They had a Godfather book that cost a £1000!!

Just finished Cannibal, great read for fans of Cannibal and Zombie films! Some interesting interviews by the major players too, Umberto Lenzi comes across as a right pr*ck and Fulci and D'Amato come across as the cool cats the no doubt were! :cool: :pop2:

Highly enjoyable stuff.