All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1691Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st November 2012, 09:19 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Last post of the night and it's off to bed for me on this stormy night, and another chapter of City of Nets - A Portrait of Hollywood In the 40's. Favourite anecdote so far - Jack Warner painting a huge sign on the roof of one of the studio's soundstages, saying Lockheed That-A-Way, lest Japanese fighter pilots confuse the film studio for the arms manufacturing plant nearby...

I want that!!!
Old 1st December 2012, 05:06 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

This came today. Was just under £13 on Amazon too. Had a quick flick through and looks like a great book. Gonna start on it once I finished Alan Jones' revised Argento book.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg savagecinemaCOVER.jpg (95.0 KB, 3 views)
VicDakin, Rik and Scyther like this.
Old 1st December 2012, 05:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
This came today. Was just under £13 on Amazon too. Had a quick flick through and looks like a great book. Gonna start on it once I finished Alan Jones' revised Argento book.
I have the first pressing of this book, its a great read. I've been thinking about getting the updated version too and I've asked my sister for the Argento book, which I'm really looking forward to browsing through on Xmas morning
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 6th December 2012, 12:46 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Gah, just lost out on Stephen Thrower's Fulci book on eBay! Was at £18 with no bids until the last minute where it went for £34 = £4 p&p. I went up to £33 out of madness but wasn't prepared to go over that (have some money in Paypal funds due to recent sales on eBay)
Old 6th December 2012, 12:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It's rare they show up on ebay too these days, luckily I bought mine from Amazon about 10 years ago for just over £20*

*Not trying to rub it in or owt
PaulD likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 6th December 2012, 01:09 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Gah, just lost out on Stephen Thrower's Fulci book on eBay! Was at £18 with no bids until the last minute where it went for £34 = £4 p&p. I went up to £33 out of madness but wasn't prepared to go over that (have some money in Paypal funds due to recent sales on eBay)

what the unholy...? how did I miss out on that, been trawling eBay for that for years... I would've paid that as well! last copy I saw was in the region of a ton... good news for you though, I have an email from Harvey at Fab Press confirming a re-issue of Beyond Terror 'in the next year or two', can you wait that long?
Rik and PaulD like this.
Old 6th December 2012, 01:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I'm always on the look out for the FP Bava and original Argento books, which stupidly I held off buying years ago, not realising how expensive they'd end up
Old 6th December 2012, 01:28 PM
Cultist

I seem to remember I got Art Of Darkness on eBay for about 30 quid... to be fair, unless you're a completist or have an interest in more than one point of view, I'd stick with the updated version of Profondo Argento, that is a thing of beauty
Old 6th December 2012, 02:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just been checking out the Fab Press website and they have these items of interest for many of us, unfortunately way out of my price range

harveyfab | eBay
Old 6th December 2012, 02:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yeah, I always regretted not picking up FAB's Ten Years of Terror and the nunsploitation book - both way too expensive nowadays even if you can find 'em, but fair dues to FAB, when they say you're buying a limited edition they usually mean it...

Like this? Share it using the links below!