Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Cannibal Holocaust
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree22Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th April 2011, 09:29 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

At least with Deodato supervising his edit, it will be done professionally, unlike some of the hatchet jobs done by the BBFC during Ferman's reign of terror.

Look, we have to accept that censorship does still exist in the UK, albeit less stringent than it used to be. Killing animals on-camera for the purposes of making a film was never going to go down very well, and not just in the UK. Shameless/Cine-Excess have done the best that's available to them - by getting Deodato to professionally supervise the editing himself. I think that's a smart move and I'm certainly interested in seeing that - if it had been just another BBFC edit, I probably wouldn't have bothered with this release at all.

Saying all that, you all know my stance on the film, that it should be seen uncut. But, let's face it, that's never going to happen here in the UK in the foreseeable future.

But, I think it's a good thing for Shameless to put this out, edited or not. Over the years I've met (online) many people whose first introduction to the dark fringes of horror was via cut Vipco VHS tapes and, later, cut DVDs. But even in their edited form, they had an impact and caused the viewers to dig further and deeper. That's no bad thing in my book.

Last edited by Daemonia; 15th April 2011 at 09:51 AM.
Old 21st April 2011, 01:50 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Those of you wondering about the release date, Shameless plan to release this on 26 September 2011 - the same day as House on the Edge of the Park.

September is Deodato month!
Rotten likes this.
Old 21st April 2011, 02:57 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
Those of you wondering about the release date, Shameless plan to release this on 26 September 2011 - the same day as House on the Edge of the Park.

That's quite a double bill and will be an excellent month. Certainly a date for the diary!
Old 21st April 2011, 03:05 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:

Despite me being very sceptical, I sincerely hope that HOTEOTP will be released uncut - If that is so it will be a sure buy. I am not so sure about the Cannibal Holocaust -release; I really appreciate Shameless' efforts to present a great edition of that cult-movie (or should one refer to it as the infamous video nasty?). But I am not so big a fan of that movie to buy it for a second time after my french edition - although an "animal cruelty"-filtered version by Deodato himself might even add to the movie's watchability. Will all the animal cruelty disappear from the movie in the Deodato cut or just parts of it? I was some kind of disturbed by the turtle-scene - quite a bit too long in my eyes.

Greetings!
Old 21st April 2011, 03:15 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

wow september! thats ages away.
they screening the shameless edit at cine excess in May so will it really take 4 months to get it ready?

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 21st April 2011, 03:26 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
wow september! thats ages away.
they screening the shameless edit at cine excess in May so will it really take 4 months to get it ready?
I imagine so as there will be the extra features to prepare and record, the film to encode and then the whole lot to transfer to a BD which is a fairly time-consuming process.
Old 21st April 2011, 03:34 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I imagine so as there will be the extra features to prepare and record, the film to encode and then the whole lot to transfer to a BD which is a fairly time-consuming process.
when you put it like that...true
well hopefully fingers crossed I got a job by then ha ha

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 21st April 2011, 04:51 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:

Thanks for the info, Sarah.

Now, if only they could release Cut and Run at the same time...
Old 21st April 2011, 07:58 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:

Excellent-that's a holiday up here in Jockland.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 22nd April 2011, 12:09 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Will there be an extra on the disc chronicling the events of the Cine-Excess showing? You know, sudience reaction and stuff like that - as well as the Q & A with Deodato.

Like this? Share it using the links below!