Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Cannibal Holocaust
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20th March 2011, 11:59 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
all good and fair points that i wont argue against, i mean if i really cared i'd be a vegan right? but still in my purely selfish and hypocritical way i really don't like to watch extended animal torture in a horror film, to me it adds nothing to the film, infact it takes me out of the film completely, if i wanted to see that kind of thing i'd watch a mondo documentary or something to that effect, i feel it doesn't have any place in an otherwise fantasy film, just the cheapest and sleaziest of gimmicks.
you used the example of a human child and i have to say it's one of the reasons i despise the men behind the sun and its director, there was no need at all to slice up the real cadaver of a human child purely for a more shocking live autopsy scene, to me if you cant get your point across without resorting to such things then your point probably isn't worth making. and i probably will never watch that film again purely for this reason.
and like i said, i have pretty much boycotted cannibal films for years because i find the animal scenes so gratuitous and repulsive but if deodato regrets it enough to attempt a new edit then this to me sounds great. bottom line is they'll always be uncut editions of cannibal holocaust released somewhere in the world, so i don't see the problem in hypocrites like myself enjoying a new version, even if we can't soundly back up our reasoning.
Hey, I'm not against people having this option, I'm just saying that don't think that suddenly the animal scenes never happened. Also, in buying the film, in any version, you are, in effect, donating money towards something that caused the death of those animals. But yeah, at the end of the day, we're all hypocrites to some degree. I mean, we all use household items that are damaging to the environment, drive cars that give out toxic fumes etc.

Like this? Share it using the links below!