All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1188Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th December 2012, 10:48 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
The M**l banging on about the same old thing. Human Centipede 2: 'One of the most repellent movies I have ever seen,' says Christopher Tookey | Mail Online

It seems Tookey is still scarred by Crash.

The readers comments are hilarious.
If anything is going to cause people to go out and commit violence it's the comments on there.
Daemonia likes this.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 11th December 2012, 10:49 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

That article is about a year too late. Presumably influenced by the recent BBFC research I guess. The comments under the article make me want to bash my head against a wall though, Jesus.

Daily Mail reader's comments = make me commit violent acts

The Human Centipede II = bored my arse off

Now THAT'S research!

Edit: damn, Pete beat me to my witty comment.
Daemonia and Pete like this.
Old 11th December 2012, 10:56 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
The tone of this piece is a little snobby but still worth a read as an insight into recent 'research'

STRANGE THINGS ARE HAPPENING: NEWS - BBFC RECAT TO SELF SERVING REPORT ON SEX AND VIOLENCE
It makes you want to weep.
Old 11th December 2012, 11:01 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The likes of Tom Six, Eli Roth etc will be jumping for joy at this free advertising as the profits come rolling in again.
Old 11th December 2012, 11:09 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

RIK RANT MODE LEVEL=EXTREME I ****ing despise that waste of trees, the way they're going we're gonna end up with another V**** N****** scandal on our hands, ****ing cretins! Yeah, HC2 is a vile, sick piece of shit film, but that's exactly what it is a FILM, anyone who is influenced to commit any form of crime from watching something like this was already a danger to society in the first place!
I've been watching horror films or films with extremely graphic content for over 20 years now and not once have I felt the urge to go and rape/torture/maim/kill anybody, sure I've worked with a few people that I've fancied smashing in the face with a hammer, but that's down to them being obnoxious pricks, **** all to do with my choice of entertainment!
This kind of shit really ****ing winds me up, especially when people think that just because I love watching horror/extreme cinema, I'm a (delete where appropriate)weirdo/sick ****er who is going to steal their children and make a casserole out of them.
I watched Die Hard last night, didn't make me want to jump off a building using a fire hose as a bungee rope, I watched Halloween the other week, didn't make me want to stab my sister!
The small minded ****tards that write for that rag probably haven't seen a horror film since Psycho caused all that fuss in the 60's or The Exorcist in the 70's, their idea of entertainment is more than likely sat watching the utter shite that is Downton Abbey with a glass of sherry (just one glass mind, wouldn't want to get frisky, sex is a dirty thing don't forget!) and a cigar, ****ing c***s!
RANT MODE DISABLED=CIG TIME TO CALM THE **** DOWN
Daemonia, Pete and g053584398 like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 11th December 2012, 11:16 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Blimey! Here is a bag to breathe into:

Seriously though, I agree with all that.
Daemonia, g053584398 and Rik like this.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 11th December 2012, 11:19 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
[B]
I watched Die Hard last night, didn't make me want to jump off a building using a fire hose as a bungee rope,
It does make you want to thump reporters though.
Daemonia, Pete and Rik like this.
Old 11th December 2012, 11:24 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Add to that the fact my ZFE slipcase hasn't arrived yet means I'm in a serious bad mood today, God help anyone else that pisses me off, they may get an axe to the face like I saw in Friday the 13th when I was 11

When I was an apprentice, that rag got me into trouble with a couple of the older guys I worked with, because I used to have to go to the shop for them and I blatantly refused to buy it, even though they were paying, this led to me getting all the crappy jobs that nobody wanted to do for the next week, one of the horrible bastards even complained to my boss saying I refused to do as I was told

I think I need to calm down
Daemonia likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 11th December 2012, 11:32 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

If ppl didn't want to watch these films and wasn't a market for them then they wouldn't make them, ppl like them to the extent that most programmes after 9 pm are full of violence that's why people are loving the walking dead series type of tv show that would never had got shown on tv years ago for the gore and violence, lets be honest just the odd clip here and there on the walking dead would have even been censored here if it was in a film in the 80s etc ,
Old 11th December 2012, 11:36 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
If ppl didn't want to watch these films and wasn't a market for them then they wouldn't make them, ppl like them to the extent that most programmes after 9 pm are full of violence that's why people are loving the walking dead series type of tv show that would never had got shown on tv years ago for the gore and violence, lets be honest just the odd clip here and there on the walking dead would have even been censored here if it was in a film in the 80s etc ,
The first season of the Walking Dead was cut by the BBFC for gore

Like this? Share it using the links below!