Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Collecting Shameless

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th April 2008, 07:57 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Default Zavvi News!

Hey kids!

You know how we've been trying to break into Zavvi stores...

Well from this Monday at any of the larger Zavvi stores (ex Virgin Megastores) you will find all 12 Shameless titles on sale for £8!

These should appear face-on in a 'deckchair' rack -that's the face-on racks you see at the end of an aisle which will be phenomenal exposure for us compared to elswehere.

This is a limited offer and will run for about a month but will allow you to fill gaps in your collection cheaply and bring fresh blood to the community.

It's not in truth a big oneymaker for us - it is valuable space and exposure. To that end we'd really appreciate anyone if they're in a Zavvi anytime over the next few weeks to check if we are being stocked and face on in a collection. If not we need to know - but remember if it's not a large ex-megastore we won't be there anyway.

And if anyone cares to take a picture of all 12 titles sitting together that would be cool!
Old 16th April 2008, 08:41 PM
Cult Acolyte

Excellent!

Hopefully, now that you've made inroads into Zavvi, they'll have seen the error of their ways and stock Shameless titles from now on
Old 16th April 2008, 09:00 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Well it's a bit of a balls on the block thing - if they don't sell you needn't worry about seeing the titles in the shops after that. Fingers crossed!
Old 16th April 2008, 09:02 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

This is very good news Almar.Lets hope the casual buyer is drawn to it as if in a trance

So do we take it then that the future of Shameless all depends on how well the dvds sell in Zavvi in the next month?

Last edited by Stephen@Cult Labs; 16th April 2008 at 09:37 PM.
Old 16th April 2008, 09:35 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Oh goodness not the whole future of Shameless but if Zavvi came on board it's another 50 prime outlets selling the DVDs and most of our discs are not sold online but in shops.
Old 16th April 2008, 09:38 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Well thank god for that.I was fearing the worst there.Lets all keep our fingers crossed then.
Old 16th April 2008, 09:44 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Oh I don't want to over-dramatise. We will finish 'Shameless 1' which will be the 20 titles that will make up the spine-builder (so seven more to go). Whether there's ever a 'Shameless 2' is another matter. Let's hope so because we can all have some fun looking at what worked and didn't work with the first lot.
Old 16th April 2008, 10:02 PM
Cultist

Send a message via AIM to snipsmovies Send a message via MSN to snipsmovies Send a message via Yahoo to snipsmovies

I'd be interested to know your gut feeling Almar - but I'm sure you wouldn't want to tempt fate and make any predictions.

However, what would you say has been the best decision you guys have since Shameless' inception - and what would you say is the one thing you regret ?
Old 16th April 2008, 10:11 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Oo a toughie. Actually I could have all sorts of answers there but putting in the extra effort and getting Marc Morris to rebuild Frightened Woman was a good decision. As for bad we've made plenty of little ones on just about every release I can think of in one way or another but never usually intentionally and lack of time and money have often caused them but if I had to pcik one thing it was listening to too many crap opinions from others at the outset - and that's not a single person here! I'm talking about before the forums were even a glint in our bloody eye!
Old 17th April 2008, 07:41 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

That's great news about Zavvi, Almar! The one in Liverpool is an ex-Megastore in a prime location. And at the moment it's got virtually no competitors as the HMV has been downsized while they build a new branch in a big new shopping complex opening in May. We're also getting a second Zavvi (dunno if it'll be a big one or not) opening in the same complex in September.

I'll pop into our current one next week and check out their Shameless stock!

Like this? Share it using the links below!