Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   New Shameless Releases Coming Very Soon! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/current-upcoming-shameless-titles/9169-new-shameless-releases-coming-very-soon.html)

Paul Zombie 21st November 2018 01:25 PM

I rewatched the Shameless bluray again recently of The Strange vice of Mrs Wardh, and i have to say that it has very good picture and sound and is well worth adding to anybodys collection. :)
I think Shameless gets a lot of unfair criticism. can't fault any of the releases that i have bought so far, although i haven't seen Dellamorte yet so i cannot comment on that one.

Rik 21st November 2018 02:35 PM

I think one of the main criticisms they get is the lack of extras when you consider the loaded releases from other equally small UK companies for the same price or cheaper :nod:

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st November 2018 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 592776)
I think one of the main criticisms they get is the lack of extras when you consider the loaded releases from other equally small UK companies for the same price or cheaper :nod:

It's weird that Shameless are still thought of as small. I mean, i'm not disagreeing with you, they are.

When you think they released loads of titles each year on dvd, brought out limited tins and so forth, but now we are lucky to get two new titles a year.

It's as though they never kicked on, rested on their laurels a bit and then were overtaken and left in the dust by 88 Films and others.

platostotal 21st November 2018 06:56 PM

Had to laugh, on the Four Flies DVD the trailer reel has Dellamore and...(yep) it even stutters on the trailer, but yeah no complaints about their other releases I have

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st November 2018 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Zombie (Post 592772)
I think Shameless gets a lot of unfair criticism. can't fault any of the releases that i have bought so far, although i haven't seen Dellamorte yet so i cannot comment on that one.

:nod:

Rob4 22nd November 2018 03:42 PM

everything is relative and Shameless consistently don't come up to the standards of the other boutique labels in the UK. consequently, they tie up the rights of a lot of cult films in the UK, which would get better presentations by other labels. sure every so often they'll get lucky with a master that even their ineptness can't screw up but even with these I prefer not to sponsor them as its just giving them money to toss more inferior product onto the market. i'd rather just wait for their rights to run out so someone else can do it better (or import the US edition if there is one), its not like there is not stacks of good product to buy out there without encouraging these n'er do wells. :nono:

... i wish Nucleus were a bigger outfit as with their eurocult line they have shown more care and attention with just 4 films...

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 22nd November 2018 04:30 PM

The new Vipco of the Blu Ray world? :lol:

nosferatu42 23rd November 2018 01:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well like Vipco they have exactly the same trailers on rotation on every release.

When Shameless started they had shameless edits where apparently new stuff was edited into releases and suchlike.

Since they started on the cannibal films everything has gone downhill.
A special edit does not mean taking out animal killing, that's just trying to get ur film through the U.K censors with most of the grue intact.:pop2:

I always liked the idea of shameless but they really don't seem to be arsed lately.

Exhibit A -

Attachment 210820

What even the **** is that, i assume Shameless are sniffing whatever profits they once had up their noses.:pop2:

Justin101 23rd November 2018 09:14 AM

I agree that they have gone downhill since their DVD heyday but i LOVE that Torso cover and I always have done :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd November 2018 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 592886)
I agree that they have gone downhill since their DVD heyday but i LOVE that Torso cover and I always have done :lol:

The only person who could love that is the four year old who painted it. :lol: