Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Flavia The Heretic (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=496)
-   -   SHAM007 - Flavia The Heretic (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/flavia-heretic/115-sham007-flavia-heretic.html)

vincenzo 9th January 2009 11:19 AM

The razorslashing scene in Edge Of The Park would still receive heavy cuts today. Many of the other cuts would be waived now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipco (Post 20038)
Back on subject, I had the Redemption vhs of Flavia and Killer Nun amongst others. Anyone know how much is cut from these compared to Shameless's release's.
I noticed a difference with Flavia but Killer Nun seemed the same.

I still have the Redemption VHS of Killer Nun which is missing the closeups of the old woman's eyelid being pierced with the needle and the scalpel cutting across her cheek (13 secs). The cuts to Flavia (assorted edits) were 1 min 24 secs.

Pete 9th January 2009 11:23 AM

DVD World had a full list of the Flavia cuts a few month's ago.

vincenzo 9th January 2009 11:33 AM

They're also listed on Melon Farmers.......
Quote:

Redemption's video release was cut in 1994:

1. Horse castration: a shot of the horses testicles is cut followed by details of the procedure.
2. Swineherd's daughter's rape: a glimpse of the girls breasts is deleted along with the mounting by the male and some struggling by the girl.
3. Nun being tortured: cuts to views of the nun's breast being burnt and a close up of a nipple being cut off.
4. Rape victim's revenge: The above rapist himself gets raped but shots of breasts and the girl gasping have been deleted.
5. Skinning alive: Flavia is skinned alive but we do not get to see fingers digging into an ankle wound nor skin being pulled from her leg.

Angel 9th January 2009 11:47 AM

It will be many years before the BBFC pass the razor slashing in Edge of the Park, if they ever do.

There's a world of difference between this scene and the razor slashing in Last House. In Last House the actress is only seen being slashed once in a shot lasting no more than 2/3 seconds and there is no nudity. Edge of the Park features full nudity and repeated slashing. Personally I think this scene has less chance of passing than the rape on the rock scene in I Spit on Your Grave.

vincenzo 9th January 2009 12:26 PM

I agree. Because the cuts would still be so heavy to that scene I can't see a likely resubmission for a while yet. Many past Vipco releases (House By The Cemetery, Toolbox Murders, Pranks, The Mutilator, Reaper's fave Bigfoot film etc) http://www.shameless-films.com/forum...es/biggrin.gif would fly through uncut now. Together with the cannibal films Edge Of The Park would still be a problem.

Island Of Death would be more interesting. The cuts to this would definitely be minimal today.

Pete 9th January 2009 12:32 PM

It would be great if Island of Death ( one the rare vipco's to have extras ) was passed uncut. But you just never know with the bbfc.

vincenzo 9th January 2009 12:56 PM

It's very much a borderline film now. The bathroom rape and urination scene would still pose a problem. It wouldn't receive anywhere near 4 mins of cuts though.

Pete 9th January 2009 01:00 PM

Do think any of these could be passed uncut today:

Tombs of the Blind Dead
Sadomania - That nipple scene that was cut is pretty mild
Demoniac ( franco )
Nude for Satan

Angel 9th January 2009 01:03 PM

I haven't seen Island of Death for some years but no doubt the cuts would be reduced, an uncut classification though is very unlikely just yet.

mark meakin 9th January 2009 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 20051)
Do think any of these could be passed uncut today:

Tombs of the Blind Dead
Sadomania - That nipple scene that was cut is pretty mild
Demoniac ( franco )
Nude for Satan

Nude For Satan is available in a longer version exclusive to the Netherlands on dvd.It's over 10 minutes longer due to added XXX footage including candle penetration !.I'm not 100% sure the whipping would pass now as the attacker also gropes the bound victim.It's shown uncut anyway on Zone Horror,or has been in the past.