All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree966Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th August 2015, 05:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Sorry for all the stupid questions but how did you find dark souls and dark souls 2 compare
Have not played much of both but enjoyed 2 better
Old 15th August 2015, 11:43 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Not really gaming news, but the new Iron Maiden video is a nice homage to gaming down the years utilizing scenes from their album covers.

Old 24th August 2015, 12:09 AM
Cult Master

Things are a bit slow on the gaming front right now but starting Tuesday the madness begins Gears Of War Ultimate Edition on the 25th and Until Dawn on the 28th and then its non stop until xmas.

This week i have been playing Black Ops 3 multiplayer Beta. Its like a mixture of COD and Titanfall ( running up walls) with a pinch of Advanced Warfare ( booster / jet packs). The running on walls idea works really well and the maps are designed just right so that the wall running is an option rather than something that has to be done. Im sure there is no point hoping for a good single player they seem to get worse and shorter every year.
Old 24th August 2015, 12:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Things are a bit slow on the gaming front right now but starting Tuesday the madness begins Gears Of War Ultimate Edition on the 25th and Until Dawn on the 28th and then its non stop until xmas.

This week i have been playing Black Ops 3 multiplayer Beta. Its like a mixture of COD and Titanfall ( running up walls) with a pinch of Advanced Warfare ( booster / jet packs). The running on walls idea works really well and the maps are designed just right so that the wall running is an option rather than something that has to be done. Im sure there is no point hoping for a good single player they seem to get worse and shorter every year.
So much in the next week or so for me

Gears of war ultimate edtion
Mad max ( which looks like it could be the sleeper hit of the year, think just cause meets twisted metal)
MGS V
Pirate warriors 3
Dishonered ultimate edition

Was going to get until dawn but with so much coming out and Sony not even pushing this game, I will wait for reviews on this one. Seems to be the 28th for gears unless the digital version is getting an early release

I really don't know why game company's don't use a bit comman sense and pace the realease of games, sure they would get just as many sales in the summer drought, even more so when you have games like mad max out the same day as MGS or tombraider going hard to head with fallout, how hard is to change the release a couple of weeks

Last edited by trebor8273; 24th August 2015 at 12:22 PM.
Old 24th August 2015, 01:13 PM
Cult Master

MGS V is getting some perfect review scores I can't wait to play it just finished ground Zero a few minutes ago I picked it up on PS + last month for free I couldnt justify buying it for how long it was.

One downside to MGSV is all the talk of having to pay to play the online I know the game will be big enough without online but seriously bit of a shameful practice from Konami.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 24th August 2015, 01:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
MGS V is getting some perfect review scores I can't wait to play it just finished ground Zero a few minutes ago I picked it up on PS + last month for free I couldnt justify buying it for how long it was.

One downside to MGSV is all the talk of having to pay to play the online I know the game will be big enough without online but seriously bit of a shameful practice from Konami.
Thankfully I enjoy playing with myself to much to be worried about online play !

Read the reviews and I hope my copy gets shipped early and I have it for the weekend. It sounds and looks amazing probably the last good game we will see from konami as rumours are Kojima is not happy with them and is leaving, if that's true I can see there days being numbered
Old 24th August 2015, 04:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Until dawn is getting some good reviews average of about 8/10. I was really expecting it to be 6/10 so plesently surprised
Old 24th August 2015, 08:03 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Until dawn is getting some good reviews average of about 8/10. I was really expecting it to be 6/10 so plesently surprised
I'm happy it's getting good reviews I have been really looking forward to getting it.
Old 24th August 2015, 09:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:

This looks awesome so creepy really has a Bioshock vibe.
There aren't many new games that excite me but there is just something about this that looks fabulous. The plot just sounds perfect to me 60s, England and dystopian. At least I have until next June to pick up (win) an XBox One.
Old 25th August 2015, 10:46 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
There aren't many new games that excite me but there is just something about this that looks fabulous. The plot just sounds perfect to me 60s, England and dystopian. At least I have until next June to pick up (win) an XBox One.
Really excited by this. For me the highlight of gamescom.

Read some more reviews of until dawn and decided to cancel my gears of war preorder for this, luckly managed to get it for £30

Like this? Share it using the links below!