Old 25th August 2015, 08:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A9JV0EvCkMI

Actually brought a tear to my eye
Old 21st September 2015, 10:40 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I was watching a video over the weekend about video games getting a 10/10. I don't think a perfect score means it's a perfect game because nothing is perfect . Of the many year I have played games a few have come close to that perfect 10 but only two games achieved it. These are games I can play over and over and over and never get bored or sick of them both games I have an emotional attachment to stronger than anything else I have played. These games are GTA IV and Half Life 2.

GTA IV splits GTA fans almost everyone I know personally hated GTA IV but for me it's amazing almost flawless. Every GTA game is a 9/10 but GTA IV stands out above them all.

Half Life 2 an amazing journey the game world the story the atmosphere the characters and the relationships between them is just outstanding.

I will go into more detail about both games in another post.

What games do you think are a 10 if any.
SharonLynette likes this.
Old 21st September 2015, 10:54 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
I was watching a video over the weekend about video games getting a 10/10. I don't think a perfect score means it's a perfect game because nothing is perfect . Of the many year I have played games a few have come close to that perfect 10 but only two games achieved it. These are games I can play over and over and over and never get bored or sick of them both games I have an emotional attachment to stronger than anything else I have played. These games are GTA IV and Half Life 2.

GTA IV splits GTA fans almost everyone I know personally hated GTA IV but for me it's amazing almost flawless. Every GTA game is a 9/10 but GTA IV stands out above them all.

Half Life 2 an amazing journey the game world the story the atmosphere the characters and the relationships between them is just outstanding.

I will go into more detail about both games in another post.

What games do you think are a 10 if any.
Off the top of my head

The last of us
Zelda the ocarina of time
Half life 2
Old 21st September 2015, 11:05 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Off the top of my head

The last of us
Zelda the ocarina of time
Half life 2
Never played Zelda apart from an hour with a Gameboy Zelda.
Old 21st September 2015, 11:08 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Star Wars knights of the old Republic. For me the greatest Star Wars game ever made
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 21st September 2015, 12:02 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default bats

Batman Arkham Knight the greatest Batman game ever made.

Old 21st September 2015, 12:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Never played Zelda apart from an hour with a Gameboy Zelda.
Cough Ocarina Of Time took me six months to complete. Never wanted to play it again

Half Life 2 and Silent Hill are two games that I have replayed a lot, but neither are 10/10.

That would be Portal 2
Nordicdusk likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 21st September 2015, 12:59 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
Batman Arkham Knight the greatest Batman game ever made.

It's Asylum for me
Old 21st September 2015, 06:11 PM
Cult Master

maxresdefault.jpg

Its hard to believe its almost 10 years since Gears Of War originally launched on the Xbox 360. From the first glimpse of Gears in the teaser trailers you just had a feeling that this was something unique and something special. As the launch approached and the excitement was building a personal disaster hit my life. My grandfather who was more like a father to me passed away only two days before the big release. I remember the morning he was buried i went to collect my collectors edition tin i needed something to distract me from what was going on in the real world. The reason i mention this is that i feel a certain bond with Gears because it helped me through a very hard time in my life and that was the start of my love affair with the series.

I will never forget the first few minutes of the game it looked amazing and when the first door burst open and the locust stormed into the room i was blown away at how evil and awesome these characters looked. The action and the mind blowing encounters didnt stop from that moment until the very end on the game. The world was so grim and the enemies were so relentless and the bosses were so intimidating. The controls felt tight and the combat was intense the sight of a larger than life bulked up beast running right at you breathing heavy just coming to rip you in half is something i had not experienced from a game before. The weapons in Gears were fantastic they felt heavy and you could feel the damage they would do before you even pulled the trigger. The sound of popping a head with a sniper rifle is one of the best sounds in any game i have ever plays and the satisfaction you get from blowing an enemies limbs off with the shotgun has never been equalled lets not forget the chainsaw on the lancer.

I remember first going through the story on normal difficulty and the day after i finished it the next day i started on Hardcore and the same day i finished it on Hardcore i started again straight away on Insane i just could not get enough and there are not many games i have played through multiple times one after the other.

Multiplayer was a different story its not that i hated it i was just rubbish at it. The matches were 4v4 and once you died you at to wait out the rest of the round which was a long wait if you died first which was usually me

Almost 10 years on and two sequels and a stand alone Gears (Judgement) we are aware there will be a Gears 4 but rumours are flying everywhere that there is a Gears remaster in the works. Im excited to revisit the game i love so much with updated visuals and performance. Once the official announcement is made and the excitement dies down a little i start to worry. I dont want just some run of the mill remaster i want it to get the full treatment. The wait for release would be long but worth every week day minute and second.

The release date was confirmed for August 25th the day before i was to fly out on holidays the wait would continue for a few more week The day i get back i drive straight to the closest game shop and im in heaven a few minutes later

MARCUS IS BACK BABY

Right off the bat the visuals looks amazing and the gameplay is even smoother than what i had already taught was great. Every inch of the game has gotten an overhaul even the cut scenes have had a few extra scenes added but they took enough care to make them flow perfectly into the older scenes so if its your first time ever playing it you could never spot where old meets new. When Gears was released on PC there were some extra chapters that never came to console and it always killed me that there was content i had missed out on but here it was added to the ultimate edition finally after almost 10 years i got to play the new chapters.

Multiplayer this time around suits me much better no long is it just one life per round 4v4. We now have Team Deathmatch from Gears 2 and 3 which gives each team a certain amount of respawns per round making it easier to get into the online part of the game. Some games when you go to the online section it looses some of its visual power compared to the single player but here the Coalition have kept both single player and online consistently beautiful.

The Coalition are a new developer for the Gears series after Epic sold the rights to Microsoft and it is great to see the work they have done to bring Gears back to life and introduce the series to a new generation of gamers and it looks promising for when the release Gears 4.

For €40 this is a fantastic entry point for anyone who has never played a gears game and for anyone who just wants to revisit it once again. Other developers thinking of doing a remaster should pay close attention to this and see how it should be done.
profondo rosso likes this.
Old 22nd September 2015, 05:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Well this has made me even more excited for this game
http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/09/14...ficial-trailer

Like this? Share it using the links below!