Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1298Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th February 2014, 09:12 PM
Cult Addict

My brother-in-law lent me Demon Souls ages ago raving about it. Which in itself puts me off because we very rarely see eye to eye on games. He's primarily a pc gamer and loves games with loads of micro management and statistics to fuss with. Not that I'm against that, just that to me that's not the main aspect of a game.
So far FarCry 3 is brilliant and like the previous one (which it improves upon hugely) it's not your average shooter, there's a lot of rpg aspects to it and a staggeringly huge environment to explore.
And as for Dante's Inferno yes the nipple spiders were well wierd. Or "just lovely" as my wife out it. Problem is with those types of games is they're damn near all the same, ever since the first Devil May Cry appeared.
Vipp likes this.
Old 8th February 2014, 06:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
And as for Dante's Inferno yes the nipple spiders were well wierd. Or "just lovely" as my wife out it.
Haha, my fiancee said pretty much the same thing, well she said 'This will be on ebay before the end of the week' and to be honest she tends to be fine with my horror content but nipple spiders crossed some lines for both of us, you are right about it being similar to most games of it's kind.

FarCry 3 sounds like the brilliant Just Cause 2, i will give it a go if i find it going cheap. as for Demon Souls i think it has a big reputation for being a lot of things but when you get to the end as i have done it becomes less daunting. The game breaks up into 5 levels, each level has four big bosses. when all the bosses are dead you fight the old one and thats the game done.

as for micromanagement i could really do with a good game of risk, im sure Risk for the amiga 1200 was the last version i enjoyed playing electronically.
Old 8th February 2014, 07:43 PM
Cult Addict

I'll go back to Dante's Inferno at some point. If you liked Just Cause 2 then FarCry3 should work for you. It's got more of an actual storyline than Just Cause 2 and the various ways to play and skills to learn from full on overkill with machine guns and rocket launchers to good old fashion bow and knife Rambo style.
Old 29th April 2014, 10:56 AM
Seasoned Cultist

replaying dead space right now, need to get back and retry to play dark souls 1 and 2 (just because people love to torture themselves) when i can be bothered. completed gta 4, bioshock infinite and borderlands 2 recently.
Old 29th April 2014, 12:18 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCM View Post
replaying dead space right now, need to get back and retry to play dark souls 1 and 2 (just because people love to torture themselves) when i can be bothered. completed gta 4, bioshock infinite and borderlands 2 recently.
I never finished Dead Space, been playing it for years. I like it but I can't seem to stuck with it, don't know what it is.
Currently playing Metro: First Light.
Old 20th May 2014, 09:06 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Currently playing L.A. Noir and Borderlands.
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 20th May 2014, 09:08 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 View Post
Currently playing L.A. Noir and Borderlands.
Two great games.
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.
Old 20th May 2014, 09:12 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

They certainly are. Please add me to Xbox LIVE if you have it, guys!
Old 20th May 2014, 09:32 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 View Post
They certainly are. Please add me to Xbox LIVE if you have it, guys!
I'll add you when I get home from work.
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.
Old 20th May 2014, 09:36 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Thanks!!!

Like this? Share it using the links below!