Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1298Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th November 2010, 01:44 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 View Post
Been having a bit of a break from Black Ops this week (although I'll be back on at the weekend. Double XP online from the 25th to 29th ).

So I thought I'd play one of my old games & decided to go for Quantum Of Solace which hasn't been in my console for nearly two years! I've started a new game on 007 setting, which is the hardest & I'm going great guns (excuse the pun). Unfortunately theres a lot of online achievements which I hate cause no one plays a lot of the older games online anymore & I'm not into 'boosting'.

Imagine my surprise when loading up a ranked team deathmatch for curiosities sake that I ended up in a lobby with 10 other people. Theres life in them old games yet.
Remember Goldeneye on the Nintendo 64 by Rare? One of my favourite ever games. The death matchs were great fun on this. Especially with those secret doors etc. Who's gonna get to that Golden Gun first?
Old 24th November 2010, 01:47 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
I never played WOW but it does look fascinating . I do think i'd be punching well above my weight though if I tried playing it.
I like the look of these games too. Can't say when I will get to play one of them though...
Old 24th November 2010, 10:26 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Im more a sci fi, fantasy FPS / Shooter fan myself Mahoney.
With the graphics being so real in todays games I dont like sniping at or killing realistic human targets . I guess that Church rubbing off on me.I much prefer a new DOOM or Wolfenstein to the next version of MOH or Mod War .

I wish i'd have met you before I got rid of my last 360. To be honest, when my last PS3 died there in July / August, i'd have prefered to replace it with an Xbox 360 but i've that much BD's now that PS3 was my only option.
Old 24th November 2010, 11:25 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

It's a sad time in the Mumford household. My PS3 just decided to shut down mid game of Battlefield BC2 and a little yellow light now flashes up if I try and switch it on again. It's called the 'Yellow light of death' according to some forums. :'(
If it's gone forever what am I going to do? I can't afford a new one and I still have so many Blu-rays to watch too.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 24th November 2010, 12:13 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Ahhh! The worse thing that can happen to any gamer - I've had it happen with my Xbox! Is it garunteed / insured Ant?
Old 24th November 2010, 03:50 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
Ahhh! The worse thing that can happen to any gamer - I've had it happen with my Xbox! Is it garunteed / insured Ant?
Nope no insurance, warranty, nothing. My best friend fixes consoles so he'll take a look but he's seen so many with the same problem and most of them he fixes temporarily but then the problem repeats itself and there's nothing he can do. Something about having to resolder the graphics card or something :s
He might be picking it up today so we'll soon see if he can get it going again. My Let The Right One In Blu-ray is stuck in there too, at least I'll get that back though.

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 24th November 2010, 04:24 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I got the Yellow Light Ant 7 months ago and I had to buy a new PS3.

Sony offer an out of warranty exchange were you send in your PS3 and they send you a reconditioned Yellow Light model they previously fixed plus 3 months warranty . You gotta pay £120 (i think I was quoted 120) as well as P&P which was why I just opted to buy a new slim model with 1 year warranty.

Unlike MS Red Ring of Death, the Yellow Light of Death is not due to the same one problem or fault which is why Sony aren't liable after warranty like MS were with the 360.
MS's 360 fault was fan related and they extended warranty's to 3 years for all old models, the PS3 has no known fault , the Yellow Light is just a notification light for internal damage.

90% of 'home fixes' result in a Yellow Light within 3 months as Sony have to put the machine once fixed in a special high temp oven (for want of a better name) , to harden the solder so as the high heat generated from long term use of the PS3 dosent melt any of the soldered parts.

I feel for ya mate.

A new 120GB Slim PS3 Model with 1 top 10 game is £249.99. A 320GB Slim £284.99

Last edited by vipco; 24th November 2010 at 04:44 PM.
Old 24th November 2010, 04:46 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
I got the Yellow Light Ant 7 months ago and I had to buy a new PS3.

Sony offer an out of warranty exchange were you send in your PS3 and they send you a reconditioned Yellow Light model they previously fixed plus 3 months warranty . You gotta pay £120 (i think I was quoted 120) as well as P&P which was why I just opted to buy a new slim model with 1 year warranty.

Unlike MS Red Ring of Death, the Yellow Light of Death is not due to the same problem or fault which is why Sony aren't liable after warranty like MS were with the 360.

90% of 'home fixes' result in a Yellow Light within 3 months as Sony have to put the machine once fixed in a special high temp oven for want of a better name , to harden the solder so as the high heat generated from long term use of the PS3 dosent melt any soldered parts.

I feel for ya mate.

A new 120GB Slim PS3 Model with 1 top 10 game is £249.99. A 320GB Slim £284.99
Nooooooooooooooo

Old 24th November 2010, 04:54 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Sorry mate.

Phone Sony 08447360595 if you want more info.
Old 24th November 2010, 06:39 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney32 View Post
Noble Map Pack? I'm counting the day's man! Not too long now. I haven't noticed you playing Reach much though, you seem to be more into the shooters based on our real military etc, rather than the Sci-Fi/ Fantasy style ones like Reach, and Gears...
Yeah I am at the mo, I normally go through Phases in my gaming. I do love Sci-Fi/Fantasy shooters, Halo Reach is amazing, but I'm all about Gears 3. Not only will we have the Locust to contend with this time but the Lambent are throwing their hat in. Will humanity survive? April 2011 seems a long way off......

You make it easy.

Like this? Share it using the links below!