Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Justin101 27th March 2017 05:05 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Due to a very unfortunate pricing error at hive.co.uk I got Lone Wolf and Cub for £20 and free delivery. I bought the House Collection as I saved £30 :lol: If I don't like the films I'm pretty sure I can sell/trade at a later date. Fantastic Beasts because I enjoyed it at the cinema and I have all of the other Harry Potter films.

Buboven 27th March 2017 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 525843)
Tis a grim wee flick imho.

Definitely sounds grim!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 27th March 2017 06:58 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Today's trip to HMV was an expensive one.....:rolleyes:

Why the **** don't they stagger the good stuff throughout the month...?

Got home and the House set had arrived from Arrow! :lol:

plasterface 27th March 2017 09:46 PM

update

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasterface (Post 525810)
my house boxset due from hmv
my 2 for 15 steelbooks from zavvi spinal tap and quartermass and the pit
3 books from the fab press sale
and about 7 dvds from music magpie ( never used them before and concerned they may have put them in seperate packages and the postie will put them all through door blocking entry!) that may sound daft but a friend of friend bought 12 zavvi steelbooks and that's what happened to him.
Oh and for some reason because i bought the deluxe pieces set i have to wait to april for blu when everyone else gets there's on time!

well steelbooks arrived, books arrived, i have a parcel waiting for me which i predict is house, curiously 1 of the 7 dvds from music magpie arrived , so a waiting game for the rest.

i got the it's alive trilogy dvd boxset for 7 pound, such melodrama for rubber monster babies , finally saw the third one which was hysterical in parts.

got the police academy dvd boxset for 4 pound , have'n seen any of them in years and it will be interesting to see them in order.

plasterface 27th March 2017 09:51 PM

oh and another thing

fright night blu £8 from asda , it was hidden in dvd section, i have steelbook but off to weekend of hell where a few of stars are and i might get it signed, i think the steelbook cover looks too nice to get covered in signatures, i know its same cover but the steelbook makes the house appear to light up. Also from asda hunt for the wilderpeople which was only £3 on dvd for some bizarre reason.

Justin101 28th March 2017 04:50 PM

I forgot that I ordered this from Amazon Germany, It came faster than my order of Fright Night from the UK Amazon which is coming tomorrow :lol:

I do love a Larry Clark film, I hope his others are getting HD releases soon.

https://s25.postimg.org/z23vopz2n/File_000.jpg

MuckyFunster 28th March 2017 08:39 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Charity shop finds...

Anzacs was £7
Seagulls was £2
Deadly blessing was £2
Last Cannibal world was £1
Killer Barbys was £1

According to BBFC website this release of Cannibal World is uncut. Can anyone confirm...?

Killer Barbys is a forthcoming release from Screenbounds Black House label.

Attachment 188710
Attachment 188711
Attachment 188712
Attachment 188713
Attachment 188714

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stephen@Cult Labs 28th March 2017 09:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got the standard version of Fright Night from Sainsbury today. Although, I can't believe they put Amanda Bearse name on there instead of William Ragsdale.

Attachment 188715

Rik 28th March 2017 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuckyFunster (Post 526033)

According to BBFC website this release of Cannibal World is uncut. Can anyone confirm...?

No, it's cut by almost 3 minutes :nod:

http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=2239

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 28th March 2017 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 526039)

Interesting that the BBFC chose to insert about two minutes there was voluntarily cut by the distributor even when there's no sign the distributor asked them to reinsert the excised material.

Rik 28th March 2017 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 526043)
Interesting that the BBFC chose to insert about two minutes there was voluntarily cut by the distributor even when there's no sign the distributor asked them to reinsert the excised material.

Yeah, I've often wondered why they did that whenever I read up on the BBFC's treatment of the Cannibal films

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 28th March 2017 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 526044)
Yeah, I've often wondered why they did that whenever I read up on the BBFC's treatment of the Cannibal films

Maybe they thought the distributors made a stupid decision and they were cutting enough without depriving British viewers of nearly an additional two minutes. Just under four minutes is bad enough, six is even worse.

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th March 2017 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuckyFunster (Post 526033)
Charity shop finds...

Killer Barbys was £1

Killer Barbys is a forthcoming release from Screenbounds Black House label.

Vampire Killer Barbys is the worst Franco film i've ever bought. It's nothing like the Franco films we know and love. One of his latter day output when everything was done on the tiniest budget.

MuckyFunster 28th March 2017 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 526039)

Ahh [emoji107] ach well, it was only a quid. I'll watch it anyway. I've never used that website before, I normally do any checking on BBFC, but that one looks better. Thanks!

MuckyFunster 28th March 2017 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 526047)
Vampire Killer Barbys is the worst Franco film i've ever bought. It's nothing like the Franco films we know and love. One of his latter day output when everything was done on the tiniest budget.

Lol, aye it doesn't look the best. I've never really seen any of Jess Franco's work TBH. I see his name and recognised it from Screenbound, so I thought it check it out for a quid rather than potentially being tempted by the newer release for 8 quid!

gag 28th March 2017 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuckyFunster (Post 526048)
Ahh [emoji107] ach well, it was only a quid. I'll watch it anyway. I've never used that website before, I normally do any checking on BBFC, but that one looks better. Thanks!

yes it a pretty good site tells you all the companies / countries that have released the film you search for .and details of whats missing from each version cuts music etc , And gives you the best version to get as well , even tho i dont use it as much as i should i use it more than the BBFC site

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 28th March 2017 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuckyFunster (Post 526048)

It's a great website. Plenty of information and generally guides you in the way of what particular release will suit your wants and needs.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 28th March 2017 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuckyFunster (Post 526050)
Lol, aye it doesn't look the best. I've never really seen any of Jess Franco's work TBH. I see his name and recognised it from Screenbound, so I thought it check it out for a quid rather than potentially being tempted by the newer release for 8 quid!

Good point. If you like it, then you may want to upgrade to a different release and keep it as a backup, or sell it for pennies/give it to charity. On the other hand, if you don't like it, consider it a learning experience without wasting much cash and keep/sell/give away the DVD.

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th March 2017 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuckyFunster (Post 526050)

I have to be honest i keep meaning to buy it again. Places like Music Magpie have it very cheap. I got rid of it before i became a proper fan of Jess Franco in the very early 2000's. Think it was from Blockbuster originally.

I feel i should own it just because it's Jess Franco. I won't be getting the Screenbound release i know that for sure. :lol:

MuckyFunster 29th March 2017 01:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Two wee Toxic Crusaders pin badges from eBay. Both brand new, the logo one was still in its wee bag when it arrived.

[emoji106]

Attachment 188719

Justin101 29th March 2017 05:56 PM

Even with the BBFC 18 cert it just looks a million times more classy than my old German Sony disc (currently on eBay) :lol:

https://s25.postimg.org/43u32mq4v/File_000.jpg

Stephen@Cult Labs 29th March 2017 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 526111)
Even with the BBFC 18 cert it just looks a million times more classy than my old German Sony disc (currently on eBay) :lol:

https://s25.postimg.org/43u32mq4v/File_000.jpg

Got it yesteday. I know it was the same on the dvd, but I really don't like them not having Williiam Ragsdale's name on the cover.

plasterface 29th March 2017 08:02 PM

arrivals

went to post depot to collect house boxset , really impressed by hardback book with it.

The rest of of my music magpie purchases arrived:

replacement dvds of films in my collection that have been mislaid/vanished
creepshow, the howling , someone's knocking at the door ( cool film apart from cop out ending) the boneyard ( some good bits but frustratingly never really takes off,i reckon 88 films may release it one day)

the alchemist, zombeak (blind buys) disinformation tv series ( been after a cheap copy of this for years and the first album by VAST

plasterface 29th March 2017 08:06 PM

ARRIVALS

P.S. can anyone guess which dvd i paid the most for from music magpie in above post

Demoncrat 29th March 2017 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasterface (Post 526137)
P.S. can anyone guess which dvd i paid the most for from music magpie in above post

The Howling??
;)

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th March 2017 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasterface (Post 526137)

I think it will be The Boneyard.

plasterface 29th March 2017 10:46 PM

demdike wins

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 526156)
I think it will be The Boneyard.

yeah just under six quid, my original copy was from poundland but the urge to watch it was too strong, howling was a double discer with all inserts for 3 quid

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th March 2017 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasterface (Post 526169)
yeah just under six quid, my original copy was from poundland but the urge to watch it was too strong, howling was a double discer with all inserts for 3 quid

Quite a nice set that Howling one. I have it, got it when it originally came out. I bet they'd be asking £20 at least for it on blu now if it were released.

It's still in mint condition as the cellophane is still on it. - Sharp knives and careful hands were the order of the day.

Demoncrat 29th March 2017 11:22 PM

Death Wish. UK Paramount dvd.
The Bicycle Thieves. UK Arrow dvd.
£2.

They had a disc Love Me which I am suuure I've seen the trailer for. Dutch?
Hmmmm....

Inspector Abberline 30th March 2017 05:34 PM

ordered

5 Attachment(s)
:)

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th March 2017 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 526230)
:)

I presume the first poster is McQ?

platostotal 30th March 2017 06:04 PM

A stonking surprise from a local charity shop, didn't recognize the spine so pulled it out and it's a 2 disc SE Another World dvd...£1, of all my charity shop finds this is pretty much tops, such an odd interesting thing to find I did wonder if a current or ex-member here imported it back in the day and recently donated it (if it is... many thanks:nod:)

in all it's uncut glory... all the way from Denmark.

http://i63.tinypic.com/20kw492.jpg

Frankenhooker 30th March 2017 06:28 PM

Top find that !!

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

Deadite 30th March 2017 07:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Never actually seen it. Hope it's good.

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th March 2017 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadite (Post 526273)

It is! :nod:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 30th March 2017 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadite (Post 526273)

One of Fulci's best.

J Harker 30th March 2017 07:55 PM

Poundland pick ups after work.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...cbaa80dc51.jpg

District 13.
We Still Kill the Old Way
Killing Them Softly

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th March 2017 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 526281)
Poundland pick ups after work.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...cbaa80dc51.jpg

District 13.
We Still Kill the Old Way
Killing Them Softly

D13 and WSKTOW are brilliant. Killing Them Softly is Heather Graham at her finest. :eyebrows:

J Harker 30th March 2017 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 526283)
D13 and WSKTOW are brilliant. Killing Them Softly is Heather Graham at her finest. :eyebrows:

Heather Graham is in it!!!???[emoji7]
Edit...no she's not. You're getting mixed up with Killing ME Softly where she shags Joseph Fiennes. I've seen clips.

Frankenhooker 30th March 2017 08:14 PM

Isn't that the other Killing Them Softly ? The one in the pic is a really good film, I picked it up myself a while back, well worth a pound.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk