Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Paul@TheOverlook 9th July 2013 06:33 PM

I saw Maniac the other night. It's great, Reaps.

tele1962 9th July 2013 06:46 PM

Just ordered Battle Royal single disc Blu Ray from Ebay for £4 and a clear Blu Ray case for it so it matches my other Arrow Blu's ( the ones without slips that is ):)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th July 2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 351732)
Trying to build my collection back up as stated some time ago, most of my collection was stolen, so as I've never touched the 360 for months and had a newer laptop, was a good opportunitie to start building collection up again. But that's really it now , just stuff I've got on preorder and stuff like the one I've just posted which seems quite cheap.

Edit
As I don't drink or smoke and not bothered about the latest fashions, I need some vice to spend my money on, and I can't save up to save my life.

I was being a little facetious with my posts as I remember you saying about your collection being stolen and having to buy everything again, noting I had the same lack of vices as you.

You're making great progress!

bdc 9th July 2013 07:23 PM

A couple of cheap but fun Ed Wood dvd's arrived... :)

Bride of the Monster (1955) (Legend Films)
Night of the Ghouls - The Wade Williams Collection (1959) (Image)

http://dv1.us/p1/304/116304-d0.jpg http://dv1.us/p1/450/020450-d0.jpg

Philosophy of a Knife 9th July 2013 07:38 PM

In the post today...

Rituals - hardbox. Never seen this one before, but looks right up my street.

Rubbers Lover - Japanese Cyberpunk. One of many great films I sold a long time ago, so I'm very happy to replace it.

Ebola Syndrome - Cat III I never owned before and caught at a nice price.

Philosophy of a Knife 9th July 2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 351737)
Bought these today.......

Loved Maniac, watched it four times last week. A worthwhile remake IMHO.

Philosophy of a Knife 9th July 2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 351727)
Just placed a order for this.

Amazon.com: SciFi Movie Marathon (America 3000, Arena, Eliminators & The Time Guardians): Chuck Wagner, Denise Crosby, Dean Stockwell, Carrie Fisher, David Engelbach: Movies & TV

Only bought it for eliminators which enjoyed when I was a kid, can't remember seeing the others, so they will be a bonus

Eliminators is awesome! Only own it on VHS and would like to pick up Arena so this looks good!

Slippery Jack 9th July 2013 10:09 PM

Got a couple of the Criterion Eclipse sets from the Barnes & Noble sale. I got:

Two Masterpieces by Larisa Shepitko: Wings and Ascent

Nikkatsu Noir

Looking forward to rewatching Ascent. Saw it years back at Uni, one of the most draining film viewing experiences I've had :shocked: . . .

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 10th July 2013 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 351741)
I saw Maniac the other night. It's great, Reaps.

At last-a decent remake!

Paul@TheOverlook 10th July 2013 06:15 AM

It really is - I think it manages to improve on the Lustig film in some ways too.

Zann 10th July 2013 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 351792)
It really is - I think it manages to improve on the Lustig film in some ways too.

Hell no! I liked it but it lacks the nastiness of the original, NYC and Joe Spinell...it's a very different film.

Paul@TheOverlook 10th July 2013 06:45 AM

It is and don't get me wrong, the original will always be great for the reasons you mention,I just think the remake is a better written film - the relationship between Frank and the photographer is far more convincing, for instance.

fuzzymctiger 10th July 2013 06:47 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Everything I've been waiting on all turned up at once yesterday! Right before I left to go see World War Z (fantastic set pieces, extremely anti-climatic ending :( )

Attachment 114285

Death Ship and a very nice Akira tin courtesy of Oaxaca

Attachment 114286

Arrow Films I've been waiting about 2 months for rock up finally after a long complaint to Arrow about repeated order mistakes.

Attachment 114287

Before WWZ, I was browsing in a JB HiFi with a $40 voucher when I spotted this beauty of a set I've been after for a while, in a SciFi sale for only $35. Watched The Final Cut last night, absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

Frankenhooker 10th July 2013 10:45 AM

I picked up 8mm (which is underrated in my opinion) and The Good, The Bad And The Weird from a charity shop and I'm A Cyborg and Tetsuo fom CEX, I haven't seen the latter but the sleeve compares it to Lynch (it looks Eraserhead-ish) and Cronenberg, that made it impossible to refuse.

Demoncrat 10th July 2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankenhooker (Post 351808)
I picked up 8mm (which is underrated in my opinion) and The Good, The Bad And The Weird from a charity shop and I'm A Cyborg and Tetsuo fom CEX, I haven't seen the latter but the sleeve compares it to Lynch (it looks Eraserhead-ish) and Cronenberg, that made it impossible to refuse.

Haven't seen Tetsuo? Oooh. How big is your TV??

Demoncrat 10th July 2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 351727)
Just placed a order for this.

Amazon.com: SciFi Movie Marathon (America 3000, Arena, Eliminators & The Time Guardians): Chuck Wagner, Denise Crosby, Dean Stockwell, Carrie Fisher, David Engelbach: Movies & TV

Only bought it for eliminators which enjoyed when I was a kid, can't remember seeing the others, so they will be a bonus

Claudia Christian!!! Uuuuuuuhhhh. I have to go.....;)

Bringer Of Funerals 10th July 2013 11:18 AM

Saturday Night Fever (30th Anniverseray Edition) on blu. is it any good on blu or shit?

Frankenhooker 10th July 2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 351816)
Haven't seen Tetsuo? Oooh. How big is your TV??

46-inch in the living room, 42-inch in the spare/games room. I can't see my missus letting me watch it in the living room, Eraserhead 'upset' her.

TJ Doc 10th July 2013 01:17 PM

Arrow have a sale going on, so I ordered Black Sunday and Motel Hell.

The former will be the first Mario Bava film I've seen, so if I like it enough I'll definitely pick up Baron Blood and Black Sabbath soon after.

Rik 10th July 2013 01:41 PM

I hope this sale lasts a couple of weeks, I'm skint at the minute, but its my birthday next week

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th July 2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 351847)
I hope this sale lasts a couple of weeks, I'm skint at the minute, but its my birthday next week

The sale lasts until the end of the month, so you have another few weeks to save up before going shopping with your birthday money.

trebor8273 10th July 2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

It ends 31st july

Rik 10th July 2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 351848)
The sale lasts until the end of the month, so you have another few weeks to save up before going shopping with your birthday money.

Good stuff :woohoo:

Slippery Jack 10th July 2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

but its my birthday next week

I saw this, you share a birthday with a bunch of other forum members. Been using this forum for years, but only just noticed the Calendar feature :loco: . . .

Rik 10th July 2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 351854)
I saw this, you share a birthday with a bunch of other forum members. Been using this forum for years, but only just noticed the Calendar feature :loco: . . .

And Sir Richard Branson, Nelson Mandela, Vin Diesal, Nick Faldo, James Brolin, my mates brother, an old Halifax Town/Celtic goalkeeper.....

Slippery Jack 10th July 2013 02:02 PM

I share a birthday with (the ghost of) Edward D. Wood Jr. :nod: . . .

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th July 2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 351850)
It ends 31st july

Even better! Much more time for saving and spending.

trebor8273 10th July 2013 02:17 PM

from arrow sale

black Sabbath
black Sunday
knightriders
foxy brown steelbook

really should of bought half of this with the sale on till the end of the month

But technically it's only cost me £20 as I've gotten £20 which I've been owned for sometime today.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th July 2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 351858)
Even better! Much more time for saving and spending.

I just realised 'the end of the month' and 'July 31st' are the same thing. D'oh!

PaulD 10th July 2013 03:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 114303

Just picked this up instore. I'd ordered it from CEX online but they sent me the one disc version from one of those DVD+magazine collection things. I ordered another load of Old Who from CEX which arrived as advertised as well as some stuff in the Arrow sale which I'll post later.

sjconstable 10th July 2013 03:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Received:

trebor8273 10th July 2013 04:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Today's deliveries, tonight's viewings are sorted:popcorn:

mind was expecting my copy of the car to turn up today, all my other arrow orders have turned up in 48 hours, hope this is not the beginning of problems others have had with arrow deliveries.

Bringer Of Funerals 10th July 2013 05:06 PM

I share Vin Diesel's birthday

trebor8273 10th July 2013 05:14 PM

Share birthday with John Williams , same day but NOT same year:happy:

Edit also with these

http://www.famousbirthdays.com/february8.html

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th July 2013 05:16 PM

I received my BDs from that seller on eBay:

Cruel Intentions
The 7th Voyage of Sinbad
CJ7
Earth vs The Flying Saucers

Rik 10th July 2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 351878)
I share Vin Diesel's birthday

Who gets to blow out the candles?

bdc 10th July 2013 06:37 PM

These arrived today...more anime fun. ;)

Appleseed (1988) (Manga)
High School of the Dead - The Complete Series & Drifters of the Dead (2010) (Manga) -- Blu-ray

Btw I've watched a bit of the first episode of HOTD on blu and the pic quality is really very good.

http://dv1.us/p1/316/206316-d0.jpg http://dv1.us/p1/339/195339-d2.jpg

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th July 2013 07:11 PM

I share my birthday with, amongst others, Rachael Weisz, Bryan Cranston, Peter Sarsgaard, Jenna Fischer, Matthew Vaughn, Wanda Sykes and Rik Mayall.

Also,, former CEO of the Walt Disney Company Michael Eisner, renowned adventurer Sir Ranulph Fiennes, Hall of Fame NFL wide receiver Lynn Swann, and Nazi ****head Reinhard Heydrich!

troggi 10th July 2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 351917)
I share my birthday with, amongst others, Rachael Weisz, Bryan Cranston, Peter Sarsgaard, Jenna Fischer, Matthew Vaughn, Wanda Sykes and Rik Mayall.

Also,, former CEO of the Walt Disney Company Michael Eisner, renowned adventurer Sir Ranulph Fiennes, Hall of Fame NFL wide receiver Lynn Swann, and Nazi ****head Reinhard Heydrich!

Me, me!

MICHAEL MANN
JOHN CARRADINE
H.R. GIGER
ALEX HARVEY
WILLIAM BURROUGHS
RED BUTTONS
CHRISTOPHER GUEST
BARBARA HERSHEY
TONY JAA
JENNIFER JASON LEIGH
DUFF MCKAGAN
MICHAEL SHEEN
and all these Famous Birthdays on 5th February | HistoryOrb.com

Philosophy of a Knife 10th July 2013 07:32 PM

In the post today...

A couple more Shameless releases I've been putting off forever...

The Ratman and Venus in Furs

As well as the Lonewolf and Cub box set. 6 movies plus the Shogun Assassin movie, though I already have the lovely steel book of that.