Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th October 2018 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 590076)
How much is it driving you mad that the coloured lines on the Paramount BDs don't line up :lol: that made me twitch :lol:

I'm really tempted to go pick up Troll but I'm going on Holiday in 2 weeks and shouldn't be spending money... I'll just wait until I get back.

They do line up i think. They just aren't stacked quite right if you enlarge the photo.

Stephen@Cult Labs 8th October 2018 02:07 PM

Yeah they do line up, just the way I had them sitting I was going to get Monkey Shines. But i’ll wait until next payday, as Night Of The Creeps is out next week.

Stephen@Cult Labs 8th October 2018 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 590077)
I was expecting to see Monkey Shines among your purchases. You caught me out there. :nod:

Those 80's classics look very nice together.

Never seen The Sand Pebbles. Have you or was it a blind buy?

I’m more concerned that they had to make The Blues Brothers spine different. I wonder if Universal made them put the logo at the bottom.

Years since I saw The Sand Pebbles, and i’ve been meaning to pick it up for a while now, and since there were no other retro classics that wanted, neededs something else for the 5 for £30.

Dave Boy 8th October 2018 02:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 209855

Picked up my copy from HMV today.
Superb looking set.
The repro lobby cards are double sided as well which was a surprise.
The poster looks bloody awesome.

Watching this tonight and as many extras as possible.

Nostalgic 8th October 2018 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 590086)
Attachment 209855

Picked up my copy from HMV today.
Superb looking set.
The repro lobby cards are double sided as well which was a surprise.
The poster looks bloody awesome.

Watching this tonight and as many extras as possible.

Picked this up too! Amazing set!

Was going to get Monkey Shines & Troll but no Troll in my local hmv!
Will wait until next week & get night of the creeps with it instead! So many amazing releases this oct/nov!

Dave Boy 8th October 2018 05:59 PM

Yeah, both NIGHT OF THE CREEPS and TWO EVIL EYES are released next week so back I'm back in to HMV for those.

Buboven 8th October 2018 09:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 209857

Some recent acquisitions.

Really loved watching the Suzuki films in the Vol 2 boxset. This is is how I would put the films I have seen of his so far in order of enjoyment. Still need to check out Tokyo Knights and Smashing The O-line.

1. Branded To Kill
2. Eight Hours of Terror
3. Youth of The Beast
4. Detective Burea 2-3: Go to Hell Bastards!
5. The Man With a Shotgun
6. The Sleeping Beast Within - still a very good film.

Also watched You Were Never Really Here last night, amazing! 10/10.

The Reptile came with a slipcover but the stickers rather annoyingly left a sticky mark on it when I tried to take them off.

Looking forward to checking out The Pyjama Girl Case since Ray Milland is in it but heard mixed opinions about the film overall.

Had to grab Salvador and Witness, two amazing films! Interesting doc about Salvador I hadn't seen before too on the Eureka disc that was well worth a watch.

Not sure if I should grab the Vol.1 Suzuki boxset as it is quite expensive now and I am not sure if I would enjoy his musical/youth movies, that style of film doesn't really appeal to me but then, on the other hand, I have liked all of his films so far!

Any advice welcomed!

Justin101 8th October 2018 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buboven
Not sure if I should grab the Vol.1 Suzuki boxset as it is quite expensive now and I am not sure if I would enjoy his musical/youth movies, that style of film doesn't really appeal to me but then, on the other hand, I have liked all of his films so far!

Any advice welcomed!

Apart from one film they’re still based around crime, although juvenile delinquency rather than yakuza. I enjoyed every one of them! We’re not talking full on musicals either. Just a number or two featuring a current pop star of the time as many 50s/60s Nikkatsu films do.

iank 9th October 2018 08:31 AM

Arrived:

https://images2.static-bluray.com/mo...750_medium.jpg

gag 9th October 2018 09:59 AM

2 Attachment(s)
3 disc ltd edition tinset with a film cell less than £4 with pp of eBay

Sorry pics are upside down don't know why :confused:

Antropophagus 9th October 2018 12:23 PM

Today's arrivals:

http://thumbs2.imagebam.com/41/e4/48...9996838354.jpg

BAKA 9th October 2018 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buboven (Post 590140)
The Reptile came with a slipcover but the stickers rather annoyingly left a sticky mark on it when I tried to take them off.

Where did you order it from, out of interest? Or did you pick it up in a store?

Buboven 9th October 2018 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 590175)
Where did you order it from, out of interest? Or did you pick it up in a store?

Picked it up instore in HMV Cardiff. They have lots of copies of The Reptile with slips.

J Harker 9th October 2018 04:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Seemed wrong not to for twenty quid.Attachment 209865

keirarts 9th October 2018 05:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My city of the living dead arrived. Very happy with the new transfer. Also scored this mediabook off eBay £14.99.

Attachment 209866

:cool:

JoshuaKaitlyn 10th October 2018 04:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another week, another haul...Although it'll be the last one until next payday.....Apparently my conscience (wife) :whip: tells me that we have to eat and pay some guy called Bill! :blahblah:

Attachment 209914

trebor8273 10th October 2018 06:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
50p from a charity shop.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th October 2018 07:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
These arrived over the last couple of days, City of the Living Dead on Tuesday, Deadpool 2 today.

As I don't think City of the Living Deadpool would be a particularly effective double bill, I'll probably do a Gates of Hell one day and another with both Deadpool films either side of Logan.

https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/att...1&d=1539200119

J Harker 11th October 2018 01:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ordered these last night. Still hoping The Fog drops on price closer to the date mind. Attachment 209929Attachment 209930

Demoncrat 11th October 2018 04:26 PM

A Best Of The Best UK 4 dvd set. Yes four cough ;). £2.

And picked up Budgie today the red card was in the door when I got home last night !!! :glitter::drool:

So that's the weekend sorted then :lol:

platostotal 11th October 2018 06:16 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Nice film & tv day today, all charity shop finds, LOM series 2 in mint condition...£3, Solo BD £4.99 and 2 R1 dvd for 50p each

monkeypedro 12th October 2018 04:38 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Today's charity shop purchases.

trebor8273 12th October 2018 05:25 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Bought these from hmv.Attachment 209960Attachment 209961Attachment 209962

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk

Nostalgic 12th October 2018 07:37 PM

My hmv still doesn't have the troll set! Will get night of the creeps & monkey shines in 2 for £25 on monday.

Picked up Hereditary today as a blind buy, hopefully it's as good as critics suggest.

SymbioticFunction 13th October 2018 12:47 AM

Just spent 40 pounds on the out-of-print region b friendly US blu-ray of Ryuhei Kitamura's Versus (via ebay). Crazy price I know but that's how much a 'like new' second hand copy can now sell for. No doubt the film will look quite rough (despite being in high definition) as the production allegedly only cost around 10,000 dollars. btw I wish Kitamura's Azumi was available on an English friendly blu-ray. I also very much like Aragami and Sky High as well.

monkeypedro 13th October 2018 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 590527)
Just spent 40 pounds on the out-of-print region b friendly US blu-ray of Ryuhei Kitamura's Versus (via ebay). Crazy price I know but that's how much a 'like new' second hand copy can now sell for. No doubt the film will look quite rough (despite being in high definition) as the production allegedly only cost around 10,000 dollars. btw I wish Kitamura's Azumi was available on an English friendly blu-ray. I also very much like Aragami and Sky High as well.

It wouldn't surprise me that Arrow will put out a bluray release of Versus as they have already released lots of the old Tartan dvd titles and have heard rumors that the Ring Trilogy and Old Boy will be getting a release.

J Harker 13th October 2018 12:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This arrived this morning. Another lovely looking set.Attachment 210003

SymbioticFunction 13th October 2018 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeypedro (Post 590533)
It wouldn't surprise me that Arrow will put out a bluray release of Versus as they have already released lots of the old Tartan dvd titles and have heard rumors that the Ring Trilogy and Old Boy will be getting a release.

I'll be gutted if Arrow announce a release in the next 12 months or so. :)

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th October 2018 03:27 PM

8 Attachment(s)
All from Network aside from the first two. The four series were £3 each, the films £2.

Mojo 13th October 2018 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeypedro (Post 590533)

I'd love Arrow to release THE EYE.

SymbioticFunction 13th October 2018 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo (Post 590579)
I'd love Arrow to release THE EYE.

I'd love that too. I very much prefer it to the Ring films.

Edit:

btw My wife and I would probably kill someone for an English friendly blu-ray of Kazuaki Kiriya's remarkable Casshern movie.

SymbioticFunction 14th October 2018 11:27 AM

Did some investigating. I knew that Ryuhei Kitamura's Azumi got an English friendly blu-ray release in Taiwan. Found a listing on US ebay where the seller said it was region friendly. So I bought it (27.32 pounds including shipping). It was actually a listing for new blu-rays of Azumi 1 and 2 - I've never seen the sequel (didn't hear great things about it) but I'll give it a fair chance.

Edit: Hmmm just read avforums review which states Azumi is locked to region a. Am hoping ebay seller is to be trusted more than avforums. Also that review's user comments said both Taiwanese Azumi 1 and 2 are upscales. Regretting my order now!

Further edit (sorry!): Contacted ebay seller and told them that a review cited Taiwan Azumi as being very much region A locked and I asked for a paypal refund. Got it ten minutes later. Phew!!

Dave Boy 15th October 2018 12:37 PM

2 Attachment(s)
NIGHT OF THE CREEPS and TWO EVIL EYES. 2 for £25 HMV

Attachment 210064 Attachment 210065

platostotal 15th October 2018 04:37 PM

Snatched this for £1.99

http://i66.tinypic.com/f1fxww.jpg

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th October 2018 07:25 PM

Just bought the Shameless Dellamorte Dellamore blu-ray.

Shameless is ****ing right. 1080/50p.... which means it still has the slight jerkiness to the picture that occurs every single second.

They shouldn’t have bothered releasing this travesty on blu-ray.

Rik 15th October 2018 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 590705)
Just bought the Shameless Dellamorte Dellamore blu-ray.

Shameless is ****ing right. 1080/50p.... which means it still has the slight jerkiness to the picture that occurs every single second.

They shouldn’t have bothered releasing this travesty on blu-ray.

****s sake, was gonna upgrade their shitty DVD at some point when it was cheap enough!

Crimson Blade 15th October 2018 09:16 PM

Can't say that I'm surprised. Their recent Ferox Blu-ray looks green compared to the Grindhouse release.

Rik 15th October 2018 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Blade (Post 590716)
Can't say that I'm surprised. Their recent Ferox Blu-ray looks green compared to the Grindhouse release.

Yeah, I turned mine off and put the Grindhouse disc in after about 10 minutes, they really have gone to shit lately which is a shame (no pun intended) :nod:

iank 17th October 2018 08:31 AM

Blind buy arrival:

https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzAzWDUwM..._id=89040003C1

ArgentoFan1987 17th October 2018 12:45 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Birthday gifts!Attachment 210109Attachment 210110Attachment 210111Attachment 210112

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk