Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

keirarts 18th May 2012 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 242769)
Woop woop! glad TRUE GRIT arrived to you safe and sound. I also received HOUSE BY THE CEM today, cannot wait to see it!

where did you buy house by the cemetary? It says on amazon its been put back till the end of the month.

Stephen@Cult Labs 18th May 2012 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 242951)
where did you buy house by the cemetary? It says on amazon its been put back till the end of the month.

Probably HMV. A few people (including myself) had theirs shipped before Arrow informed retailers of the disc error. The new release date might even be the 4th of next month.

keirarts 18th May 2012 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 242952)
Probably HMV. A few people (including myself) had theirs shipped before Arrow informed retailers of the disc error. The new release date might even be the 4th of next month.

disc error?! Oh dear, whose betting we get dodgy reviews on amazon in the next few days. I'll wait until release. I Will definately get forbidden zone this morning.

Work today and i'll be buying some from there too...

All these are before my 20% staff discount..

Back to the future trilogy £10 (£8 with discount)
Batman 1-4 boxset £8 (£6.40 with discount)
Troll hunter. (still in slipcase) £8. (£6.40 with discount)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th May 2012 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 242932)
I'm rarely one for kicking up a fuss but if I'd been made to go to the Post Offie to pick that up I'd have really lost my temper (not at the person behind the counter, not their fault, but you know what I mean)

The bloke in the sorting office was as bewildered as everyone else and couldn't understand why half a dozen individual packets which would easily fit through a letterbox were there in the first place.

Stephen@Cult Labs 18th May 2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 242954)
disc error?! Oh dear, whose betting we get dodgy reviews on amazon in the next few days. I'll wait until release. I Will definately get forbidden zone this morning.

The 2nd disc with extras in the limited edition is MIA and in its place is the 2nd disc from the Unlimited edition, which is a dvd copy of the film and some extras.

keirarts 18th May 2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 242962)
The 2nd disc with extras in the limited edition is MIA and in its place is the 2nd disc from the Unlimited edition, which is a dvd copy of the film and some extras.

These things happen, good to see a quick recall.

Bought Forbidden zone from hmv via top cashback (5% back on purchases through HMV.) Not seen the movie but heard a lot about it, looking forward to it for sure!

keirarts 18th May 2012 02:44 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Attachment 64882

Attachment 64883

Attachment 64884

Attachment 64885

Attachment 64886

Also picked up Back to the future trilogy blu (£8) Batman collection (£6.40) and troll hunter (£6.40) from work.

Stephen@Cult Labs 18th May 2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 242779)
I mentioned receiving a red card from Royal Mail saying a parcel couldn't be delivered. At the sorting office, the guy behind the counter pointed out the bleeding obvious which you can probably figure out from this photo.

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...5/P1050489.jpg

Wow. Your postman shouldn't be walking upright. He obviously has the IQ of a potato!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 18th May 2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 243051)
Wow. Your postman shouldn't be walking upright. He obviously has the IQ of a potato!

Or a fear of touching elastic bands! :crazy: :lol:

gag 18th May 2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 243053)
Or a fear of touching elastic bands! :crazy: :lol:

And that would be a first when they tend to just lob them all over the floor