Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Baseball Fury 17th May 2012 03:46 PM

The steelbook is still available at Amazon, £40

bdc 17th May 2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 242779)
I mentioned receiving a red card from Royal Mail saying a parcel couldn't be delivered. At the sorting office, the guy behind the counter pointed out the bleeding obvious which you can probably figure out from this photo.

:lol:
Looks like Axel?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 17th May 2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 242803)
:lol:
Looks like Axel?

As they are the only company (I think) which uses vacuum packed bubblewrap – which is a nightmare to open – it narrowed the field down quite a bit, but well deduced anyway!

Turns out I accidentally ordered two copies of each of the new Redemption titles (Rape of the Vampire, Requiem for a Vampire & Demoniacs, which were delivered with The Last Gun/4 Dollars of Revenge), there was more mail than I intended.

bdc 17th May 2012 06:22 PM

Two copies of each?
Maybe you can return them?

Got this for free at work because it had some scratches...

Decoys (2004) (RCV)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 17th May 2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 242843)
Two copies of each?
Maybe you can return them?

I'll have a look at the terms and conditions and either send them back (if I can) or sell/trade them.

the blob 17th May 2012 11:18 PM

My dad bought three Elstree Hill DVD's from Amazon. If only he had asked me first...

The first one had no audio. :lol::lol::lol:

I told him to send the whole lot back and get a refund without even bothering to open the other two..

BAKA 18th May 2012 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 242779)
I mentioned receiving a red card from Royal Mail saying a parcel couldn't be delivered. At the sorting office, the guy behind the counter pointed out the bleeding obvious which you can probably figure out from this photo.

I'm glad I'm not the only one they do this to. Bewilderingly stupid.

PaulD 18th May 2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 242931)
I'm glad I'm not the only one they do this to. Bewilderingly stupid.

I'm rarely one for kicking up a fuss but if I'd been made to go to the Post Offie to pick that up I'd have really lost my temper (not at the person behind the counter, not their fault, but you know what I mean)

the blob 18th May 2012 03:00 AM

You all need to invest in a bit of handy work or do a bit of DIY if you can. I used to get tons of records mailed to my parents house while I was living abroad. He's a bit of a handy woodworker so he actually built a letter/packet box to fit them and attached to the front of the house right next to the door.

Works a treat and now has to be a big box before it gets taken back. Never had anything nicked from it either. :)

Susan Foreman 18th May 2012 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 242928)
My dad bought three Elstree Hill DVD's from Amazon. If only he had asked me first...

The first one had no audio. :lol::lol::lol:

Maybe it was a silent film?