Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Gojirosan 8th April 2010 02:53 PM

Haha! Nice one!

I have just checked the Prism release of Deathsport - PQ is OK, not bad at all really, but the audio is a little distorted, however, to my considerable pleasure it turns out that the 4:3 transfer is unmatted, not cropped! :cool: Excellent! This means I can zoom it up to 16:9 for widesreen Claudia Jennings!!!

I am soon going to have to build a separate shelf for all my Corman films! :lol:

gag 8th April 2010 02:59 PM

I not bought much for ages just odd owt r nowt here and there...
My missses has had a quite word in my ear other night to remind me that since i dont have a proper job and my sort of job is a if and when required, (so means i dont earn much), That we have a wedding to pay for in september so im going have to cut back on my already cut back almost none existence spending.....mmmmmmmmm

Phats 8th April 2010 04:13 PM

I bought Palindromes on DVD the other day and have ordered Batman: The Movie - the '60s movie, just to complete my Batman bluray collection - and Tyson on bluray. They should both arrive tomorrow, hopefully.

DeadandWalkingDotCom 8th April 2010 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 72549)
Surely one of the most entertaining Jason installments!! Only He could punch someones head clean off whilst on top of a manhattan building and have it land neatly in a dumpster! lol.

My fave shall always be no. 6 though.

Oh and I've just purchased a Tartan Japan DVD called The Hidden Blade (by way of kind favour from Ken). :D

lol! I get mixed up between the death scenes and film, but I love the Sleeping Bag death. Part 4 has to be my fav one.

I've been collecting the Tartan Asia movies for a while now but i've never come across that film. I'm guessing it's not a horror though?

oaxaca 8th April 2010 04:23 PM

Ooo and the spear straight through the two people doing it on the bed was a good death scene, I think in Friday 13th 2 (blatant rip off of Bay Of Blood though :p)

Hidden Blade isn't a horror, nah. Its a samurai drama. Here's the pic:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 8th April 2010 05:15 PM

Just ordered a whole bunch of odd/horror musicals for uni.

-Sweeney Todd (The Burton film)
- Phantom Of The Paradise
- Poultrygeist: Night Of The Chicken Dead
-The Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde Rock 'N' Roll Musical
- Gory Gory Hallelujah

Along with Forbidden Zone, Meet The Feebles and Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes and the stage musicals of Evil Dead, The Toxic Avenger, The Fly and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre I'm hoping to do something different to other musical essays! :pound: No Sound Of Music here! :laugh:

Philleh 8th April 2010 06:41 PM

Just picked up Universal Soldier: Regenerated from ASDA. :peace:

Daemonia 9th April 2010 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 72461)
:thumb:

FINAL DESTINATION-Can't remember much difference from the dvd.....:(

I compared the Blu-ray with the DVD and the BD wins hands down. Sharper image, more detailed and generally looks brighter and cleaner.

oaxaca 9th April 2010 10:01 AM

just bought Pet Sem 1 & 2. Couldn't resist for £3 :p

Stephen@Cult Labs 9th April 2010 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 72650)
Just picked up Universal Soldier: Regenerated from ASDA. :peace:

I was going to get this and even though I've heard good things about it,I'm disappointed that Van Damme and Lundgren don't have the majority of the screen time.But the again,I still bought the Steven Seagal film Against The Dark which probably had as much Seagal as this has Van Damme!