Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th September 2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 273560)
And you'll get stung by Customs and Royal Mail too. So add another £8 - £9 on top of that as well.

Not bothered tbh. :) Of course it all depends what price they put on the box. :)

Daemonia 15th September 2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 273561)
Not bothered tbh. :) Of course it all depends what price they put on the box. :)

Well, my budget's quite tight, so I have to count the pennies. And when a disc starts approaching the £40 price mark I have to bow out. I simply don't have those kind of funds to splash out on a single BD.

Rik 15th September 2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 273563)
Well, my budget's quite tight, so I have to count the pennies. And when a disc starts approaching the £40 price mark I have to bow out. I simply don't have those kind of funds to splash out on a single BD.

Me neither when I can(and am) paying the same price for the Universal Monsters Coffin set.

Rik 15th September 2012 11:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just had this land on my mat :)
Attachment 79681

Nemesis 15th September 2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 273534)
just tried to order the damnned thing. $30 + $7 postage, then when I get to the payment they want me to add ANOTHER $15 POSTAGE or if the disc gets lost in the postal system then I get no replacement. all total to stand a chance of getting NOTLD on blu-ray its nearer $52! so thats £32 for the movie..

I'll have to seriously check my finances before ordering this and by that time it will probably sell out.

This pretty much sums up my whole problem with TT. If you don't have a huge disposable income, or the discs released too far away from payday working stiffs like me may as well forget about owning the discs as all the speculators buy multiple copies to stick on ebay.

It would probably be better to order TT titles from them via Amz UK marketplace - that way if anything goes wrong, they'll have to answer to Amazon. Only trouble is that these particular ones will be sold out long before they come up on the page.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th September 2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 273578)
Just had this land on my mat :)
Attachment 79681

Grrr!

Justin101 15th September 2012 12:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
3 for £20 instore, was given a present of 'i'll buy you a blu-ray' from the other half and thought i'd maximise the outcome with a special offer :D

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th September 2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 273601)
3 for £20 instore, was given a present of 'i'll buy you a blu-ray' from the other half and thought i'd maximise the outcome with a special offer :D

I have never seen Poltergeist. :rolleyes:

bdc 15th September 2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 273603)

Seriously Dem?

Rik 15th September 2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 273603)

No way! :jaw:
I first saw this when I was about 7 when my cousin was looking after me one day, needless to say he got a severe bollocking off my mum when she found out, great film definitely one of Tobe Hooper's best films