Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151400Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th November 2012, 07:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Also bought this earlier from HMV online for £14. Had my eye on it for a while but didn't want to pay over £15 for it so pretty chuffed with it:
Great buy... I watched the entire Elm Street series about two years ago in preparation for the Never Sleep Again documentary and it was great - time has been very kind to these movies, the anamatronic effects are brilliant, especially for the over the top set pieces in the Dream Trilogy...
Old 30th November 2012, 07:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Also bought this earlier from HMV online for £14. Had my eye on it for a while but didn't want to pay over £15 for it so pretty chuffed with it:
I got this for my birthday for £17.99, I was pretty chuffed with that price but £15 is a bargain! Still haven't opened it but am planning to this weekend.
Old 30th November 2012, 07:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
That is cheap!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 30th November 2012, 07:03 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Great buy... I watched the entire Elm Street series about two years ago in preparation for the Never Sleep Again documentary and it was great - time has been very kind to these movies, the anamatronic effects are brilliant, especially for the over the top set pieces in the Dream Trilogy...

There's a couple that I haven't seen (4 and 5 I think) but even 2 and 3 haven't been watched for a good ten years or more so I'm really looking forward to working my way through the series again (even Freddy's Dead). Must get that documentary at some point too actually.
Old 30th November 2012, 07:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
There's a couple that I haven't seen (4 and 5 I think) but even 2 and 3 haven't been watched for a good ten years or more so I'm really looking forward to working my way through the series again (even Freddy's Dead). Must get that documentary at some point too actually.
Be sure to pick it up Paul, it's really one of the finest film documentaries out there. Yeah, Freddy's Dead is not bad, easily the weirdest of the series...
PaulD likes this.
Old 30th November 2012, 07:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
My sister bought me the set for Xmas last year and I had a Freddy marathon at the start of the year, 2 is still the worst IMO with 1 and New Nightmare being the best
PaulD likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 30th November 2012, 07:08 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
My sister bought me the set for Xmas last year and I had a Freddy marathon at the start of the year, 2 is still the worst IMO with 1 and New Nightmare being the best

Yeah, I absolutely love New Nightmare. Craven was ahead of Scream with that film and I cannot wait to see it in HD. From what I remember there's a decent amount of extras on the boxset too?
Old 30th November 2012, 07:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Yeah, I absolutely love New Nightmare. Craven was ahead of Scream with that film and I cannot wait to see it in HD. From what I remember there's a decent amount of extras on the boxset too?
Yeah there is, which reminds me that I still haven't got through them all yet, same goes for the Alien Anthology where I haven't even started on the extras.
That Never Sleep Again doc was instore at HMV for £7 the last time I went in, I didn't buy it because the only copy they had in had a broken case and torn insert
Old 30th November 2012, 07:13 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Any love for I Saw The Devil ? The US Blu is going for 10bucks over at Amazon. Heard good things about this film.

One of my all time favourite films and one of the best looking Blus too, stunning.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 30th November 2012, 07:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
One of my all time favourite films and one of the best looking Blus too, stunning.
What a recommendation ! I might just grab this later ! Thanks Ant !

Like this? Share it using the links below!