Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151400Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th December 2012, 10:16 PM
Cult Addict

A whole bunch of my network orders turned up this morning (still waiting on the dozen or so from arrow, wish they would get a move on, I spent a small fortune on their site) Not had a chance to check much of it out but I could not resist a quick look at their CARNIVAL OF SOULS.

Still looks a little ropey but not as bad as some of the rotten public domain prints i've seen, its the longer directors cut supervised ber herk harvey back in 1989 ( i think its the same version criterion released) and it has an interesting little booklet by kim newman and a commentary track as well.

This is worth picking up while its cheap imo.
bdc likes this.
Old 8th December 2012, 10:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
A whole bunch of my network orders turned up this morning
Out of curiosity how long did you wait from ordering to actually getting it? getting a little impatient with Amazon! Had to wait a week for Dark Knight Rises! They posted it Friday last week....I got this Friday morning....I know thats what you get with the 3-5 business days option but still?
Old 8th December 2012, 10:30 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn View Post
Out of curiosity how long did you wait from ordering to actually getting it? getting a little impatient with Amazon! Had to wait a week for Dark Knight Rises! They posted it Friday last week....I got this Friday morning....I know thats what you get with the 3-5 business days option but still?
The post is all over the place at the moment. Vans are out all day delivering parcels.

I wouldn't panic just yet. Its one of the reasons i try not to order things in December.
Old 8th December 2012, 10:32 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
(still waiting on the dozen or so from arrow, wish they would get a move on,
I haven't even had a shipping email from Arrow on The Night Child which i ordered a week last Friday.
Old 9th December 2012, 02:06 AM
Cult Master

download.jpg

I just got the Scarface Blu Ray Steelbook off a guy online. Im gonna collect it Monday. If anyone has seen it how is the upgrade?
bdc, platostotal and Hawkmonger like this.
Old 9th December 2012, 07:34 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
I got both Dark Knight Trilogy & ZFE on the tuesday after release date from Amazon wth free postage (so free delivery came in the same amount of time as if I'd paid 1st class!!), though I did end up waiting about 2 weeks for House with the Laughing Windows!

Today's purchases from Amazon:

Ratman
Welcome to the NHK (Anime)
Expendables 2 pre-order
bdc and Hawkmonger like this.
Old 9th December 2012, 08:16 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
I only had to wait about 4 days.

Dark knight I got day of release because I pre-ordered the disc from Blockbusters at £13.99 (then got a nice discount for working there!) and walked into the store on the day and got it there and then. It was cheaper than amazon as well. I wish we stocked cult titles.
Old 9th December 2012, 08:20 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
I haven't even had a shipping email from Arrow on The Night Child which i ordered a week last Friday.
Yeah, the inability to check my orders is frustrating. I'm betting its the xmas post because more than likely arrow have sent everything in one big box as I ordered a s*** load of stuff (literally all the academy titles i didnt own already, class of nukem high and a bunch of the 3.99 titles) I just hope some thieving xmas temp worker for the royal mail isn't helping himself to my discs.
Old 9th December 2012, 08:21 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 93371

I just got the Scarface Blu Ray Steelbook off a guy online. Im gonna collect it Monday. If anyone has seen it how is the upgrade?
Oh and the PQ of scarface is a massive upgrade, it looks fantastic in hi-def.
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 9th December 2012, 11:05 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Oh and the PQ of scarface is a massive upgrade, it looks fantastic in hi-def.
Thats what i like to hear cheers.

Like this? Share it using the links below!