Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

darthelvis 6th June 2010 11:17 AM

Had a wee trip to Edinburgh this weekend and picked up:

Sukiyaki Western Django £2 from Fopp
Quarrantine £3 from Fopp
Inferno (Blue Underground) £4 from Hogshead
The Stand £4 from Hogshead
Alice in Wonderland Blu Ray

On the CD front snagged a ultra rare copy of The King by Teenage Fanclub!

Great score this weekend!

antmumford 7th June 2010 07:10 AM

Quote:

Last of the Living. Took a gamble with this one, I needed some change for my bus fare so I wandered into my local HMV to pick something up cheap & found this for £4. Anyone else seen it?
I have and I thought it was great. The best low budget Zombie Film I've ever seen. Soooo funny and just an all round fun film. Great to watch with mates and a few beers :D

pedromonkey 7th June 2010 03:23 PM

just magically stumbled upon some money so treated my self, picked up these in cash Generators....

Police Academy 4: citizens on Patrol (my fave Police Academy)
Carnival Of Souls (original)
Amityville Horror (original)
Hearts War (war film)
Tears of The Sun (war flick)
Outlaw (sean bean with a gun)

10.00 for the lot.....

Stephen@Cult Labs 7th June 2010 04:50 PM

Got in from work earlier to find 12 packts shoved through my letterbox.The 12 titles from Boulevard's B-Movie Collection. If I'd know that the movie Creature was the Peter Benchley mini-series,I wouldn't have bothered buying it,since I already have the Region 1 dvd :doh:

pedromonkey 7th June 2010 05:14 PM

Creature? is that the one with kim cattral and Craig T Nelson? if so that's the one i have...

Stephen@Cult Labs 7th June 2010 05:19 PM

Yeah.Same one.The artwork is the same as the Region 1 MGM disc,completely different from the art shown on sites like Play.Another interesting thing.I just put on Hell Comes To frogtown and the first thing that came up was the Anchor Bay Logo :eek: The disc is an exact port of the Region 1 disc...complete with commentary.

Sam 7th June 2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 84794)
Yeah.Same one.The artwork is the same as the Region 1 MGM disc,completely different from the art shown on sites like Play.Another interesting thing.I just put on Hell Comes To frogtown and the first thing that came up was the Anchor Bay Logo :eek: The disc is an exact port of the Region 1 disc...complete with commentary.

Yep, same with Slugs and The Stuff! At least the transfers will be half way decent if they're 'borrowed' from Anchor Bay!

Stephen@Cult Labs 7th June 2010 06:18 PM

Thought those 2 might be the same. :cool:

pedromonkey 7th June 2010 06:21 PM

this im happy about, the Boulevard release of Final Countdown was the Blu-underground transfer and was a fantastic widescreen picture. just waiting for my The Stuff and Hell Comes to Frog Town..

pedromonkey 8th June 2010 10:32 PM

recieved these in the post today....

Attack of the Crab Monsters
Gamera 2: Attack of Legion
Rock & Roll High School...

FYI: the PQ of Crab Monsters is great, unlike the other in2film Corman films i have, Forbidden World and The Unborn.

Just waiting on The Stuff and Frogtown now....