Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Metallicbomb 6th May 2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 339816)
It's a good poster, but I wouldn't pay 300 quid for it.

The one i was looking at was a pack of ten lobby cards for
£2,999.99:).

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th May 2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 339818)
You are right. :nod:
"It was released on Video the same day it was at the Cinemas. From what I remember a lot of Cinemas wouldn't show it as it was coming out on Tape at the same time, so it had quite a limited run on the circuits...Hence the Quad is Very scarce."

But it's not the quad,it's the video poster that's up. ;)

Evil Dead Quad, and Video poster difference....

It's true – you do learn something new every day!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th May 2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metallicbomb (Post 339820)
The one i was looking at was a pack of ten lobby cards for
£2,999.99:).

Again, very nice, but hardly worth the money. It's the equivalent of £300 for each card! (And that's only if you are the only bidder at that price.)

bdc 6th May 2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 339821)
It's true – you do learn something new every day!

I stated that too early I think,as there's more info that appeared later on in that forum topic,now I'm a bit confused... :lol:

bdc 6th May 2013 06:37 PM

More reading and came up with this:

"There are two versions of the (November 1982) Evil Dead quad - full-size 30x40 with a white border, and trimmed 28¾ x 38¼ without. It seems likely - though not yet certain - that both are from the same initial print-run. The white-border versions are exceptionally rare, with less than 10 copies currently known to exist. Given that Graham (in the Film on Paper interview) suggests a likely initial run of c.500 copies, we can speculate that only a handful (perhaps 5% or so) escaped the guillotine.

We can assume this for two reasons: (1) Posters printed 'bleed' HAVE to be printed on oversize paper initially (then trimmed to size), so even the "small" versions would have needed to be printed at 30x40 originally, and (2) The tiny number of surviving 30x40 originals IN ITSELF suggests that the majority of the run was later trimmed. It just isn't economical to print less than 500 copies of anything on a large-format litho press.

So, the question then becomes, WHY was the majority of the run subsequently trimmed? At the moment we don't know. Graham himself isn't sure, despite being present during early stages of printing 'to ensure good colour adjustment'. It seems possible that Palace's original Publicity Manager Paul Webster might have an idea about this, but we're not confident of getting hold of him to find out. That's how things stand at the moment - not much further forward than they were to begin with unfortunately....."

So they are still some questions it seems. :lol:

Nordicdusk 6th May 2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 339751)
Orders and arrivals for this week...

Road House - Blu
Battle Beyond The Stars - Blu
Amityville Horror (original)
Suck
Dead Genesis
Fade To Black
Dead Heads
Vanishing on 7th Street
My Bloody Valentine (original)
Happy Birthday To Me
Prom Night
U.S Seals
Hunt For Red October
Attack Of The Werewolves
Edge Of Darkness
Al Murray - Giving It Both Barrels
Starship Troopers Blu
Spawn - Blu
Bloodsport

Is Road House region locked ?

demonknight 7th May 2013 09:24 AM

Postman just here and he left the following discs

Return of the living dead-Mediabook
Bait-Bluray
Creepshow-2 disc special edition Dvd :)

Rik 7th May 2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Criterion7 (Post 339691)
Picked this up at a charity shop today..

http://i.ebayimg.com/04/!!d55ZJg!2M~..._id=89040003C1

I have the UK edition, haven't watched it in years so I've just put it on while I get on with some work :nod:

Jani 7th May 2013 02:18 PM

I've made a load of pre-orders: Arrow's Deranged,Squirm,Lifeforce & Foxy Brown Steelbook,Scream Factory's The Howling,The Incredible Melting Man & The Fog,from France I ordered the new Maniac remake Steelbook (July) and then there's Second Sight's The Brood,Serial Mom on BD,Arnie's The Last Stand,Severin's House on Straw Hill (finally!),Synapse's immortal Street Trash on BD and KINO/Redemption BD of Bava's Kidnapped aka Rabid Dogs,phew.You guys aware of '84's 3-disc Ultimate Edition of Giovinazzo's putrid Combat Shock?999 Limited Edition Mediabook on German DVD,it has 3 cuts of the film,including the complete one with the stock 'Nam footage missing from Troma's 25th Anniversary Edition.

Delirium 7th May 2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jani (Post 339987)
I've made a load of pre-orders: Arrow's Deranged,Squirm,Lifeforce & Foxy Brown Steelbook,Scream Factory's The Howling,The Incredible Melting Man & The Fog,from France I ordered the new Maniac remake Steelbook (July) and then there's Second Sight's The Brood,Serial Mom on BD,Arnie's The Last Stand,Severin's House on Straw Hill (finally!),Synapse's immortal Street Trash on BD and KINO/Redemption BD of Bava's Kidnapped aka Rabid Dogs,phew.You guys aware of '84's 3-disc Ultimate Edition of Giovinazzo's putrid Combat Shock?999 Limited Edition Mediabook on German DVD,it has 3 cuts of the film,including the complete one with the stock 'Nam footage missing from Troma's 25th Anniversary Edition.

Blimey, didn't know about half of those. I'll take the French Maniac Steel (please no forced subs, please no forced subs..) and I had no idea Serial Mom was hitting BD. I only re-bought the DVD a little while ago!