Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

ArgentoFan1987 2nd September 2013 02:57 PM

(Part 2!)

***not seen

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/02/epy8eneg.jpg***
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/02/ure2ybas.jpg***
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/02/ynuva5eq.jpg***
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/02/pu3a6eda.jpg***
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/02/ude2egeb.jpg (this is an American Blu-Ray, but I've tested it and it works fine!!!)

If love to hear feedback from you guys as usual, especially on the films I haven't seen.

Wes 2nd September 2013 02:58 PM

I avoided seeing Chariots of Fire for years, probably for that awful Vangelis theme music, but I found myself watching the film a few months ago on Film4 and y'know what, it's not a bad film at all...

trebor8273 2nd September 2013 02:58 PM

Should I get this limited to 4000 or just save some money and buy the normal edition

http://www.play.com/stores/Entertain...ting/830094665

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd September 2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 362964)
Should I get this limited to 4000 or just save some money and buy the normal edition

http://www.play.com/stores/Entertain...ting/830094665

I imagine it entirely depends on whether you have a 3D Blu-ray player and screen and whether you really want a model Starship Enterprise! I don't have the right equipment or anywhere to put the model if I really wanted it so will just buy the normal 2D release in time.

trebor8273 2nd September 2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 362966)
I imagine it entirely depends on whether you have a 3D Blu-ray player and screen and whether you really want a model Starship Enterprise! I don't have the right equipment or anywhere to put the model if I really wanted it so will just buy the normal 2D release in time.

Have 3d equipment but might just go for normal 3d version seen pictures of the model and looks like something you get in a happy meal, but the steelbook looks nice, this was one of the few films which I was very impressed by the 3d.
Edit
Going to get normal 3d version. With money I saved will get iron man 3 to complete collection but will have to decide to get steelbook or 3d version, I found the 3d to very disappointing with this film but I do find the 3d is better at home than in the cinema for some reason

Daemonia 2nd September 2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philosophy of a Knife (Post 362814)
I watched IKWYDLS earlier today, not a fan. Is the sequel any better?

The sequel is better, IMO. It's more of a straight slasher and not just something regurgitated in the wake of Scream. I prefer it, anyway. Although I do quite like the first film too.

bdc 2nd September 2013 03:25 PM

I don't like the "director's cut" of THX personally but that's only my opinion,the original theatrical cut is only available on vhs or laserdisc...

trebor8273 2nd September 2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 362969)
I don't like the "director's cut" of THX personally but that's only my opinion,the original theatrical cut is only available on vhs or laserdisc...

It's not another case of George the eternal tinkerer?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd September 2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 362967)
Have 3d equipment but might just go for normal 3d version seen pictures of the model and looks like something you get in a happy meal, but the steelbook looks nice, this was one of the few films which I was very impressed by the 3d.
Edit
Going to get normal 3d version. With money I saved will get iron man 3 to complete collection but will have to decide to get steelbook or 3d version, I found the 3d to very disappointing with this film but I do find the 3d is better at home than in the cinema for some reason

I saw it in 2D at the cinema and thought it was visually impressive so will buy the 'flat' vision! I haven't been convinced by the 3-D in any film I've seen so tend to avoid the stereoscopic screenings and the necessity to wear sunglasses!

bdc 2nd September 2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 362971)
It's not another case of George the eternal tinkerer?

I'm afraid so. :nod:


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.