Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th November 2013 10:30 AM

As far as Amazon marketplace goes most of the companies are competing against each other so i order an item from allyourmusic and one from moviemars then one from Rarewaves. Saves all the hassle.

Sure some take a few days longer than others to arrive but thats not a problem with me. As long as it arrives in the allocated time period by Amazon. Trebor seems to be on edge about everything that hasn't turned up within a week. :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th November 2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 378701)
I think all items get shipped separately irrelevant of whether they're ordered together, so as long as you don't exceed the customs limit on a single item (boxset etc.) you should be fine.

I've been stung once by customs because AYM packaged 4 items together.

trebor8273 19th November 2013 10:34 AM

Any know what the percentage will be on order if I get stung by customs or do they just make up a figure?

Refused 19th November 2013 10:36 AM

I find purposely ordering over the customs limit is a thrilling game, which adds excitement to my otherwise boring life.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 19th November 2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 378705)
I've been stung once by customs because AYM packaged 4 items together.

Thanks for the info, Dem. :) (I 'liked' your post because of the information, not because you were charged customs btw! :lol: ;))

As I said I rarely bulk order from allyourmusic (like you I order one from one seller and one from another etc. based on price), so must have avoided that.

In fact, I think the last time I had to pay customs charges is when I ordered £200 worth of stuff from Xploited Cinema over 4 years ago!

Refused 19th November 2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 378706)
Any know what the percentage will be on order if I get stung by customs or do they just make up a figure?

20% import VAT on the total cost including postage, plus Royal Mail's handling fee which is £8 I believe.

Hawkmonger 19th November 2013 10:42 AM

Talking about getting stung how are Barnes and Noble for ordering directly from them?

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 19th November 2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 378713)
Talking about getting stung how are Barnes and Noble for ordering directly from them?

They used to mark everything as 'books' so it would get through, but now they don't which means a lot of people have been stung for customs :(

trebor8273 19th November 2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 378710)
20% import VAT on the total cost including postage, plus Royal Mail's handling fee which is £8 I believe.

Thanks that's what I thought, so if stung £14 and £8 for Royal Mail to do there job greedy bastards. But I suppose if I do I still saving money than if I place order from amazon as a few I ordered or £18 more there but work out about £12 from importcds

Daemonia 19th November 2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 378105)
Poped into Manchester and got.....

Is that when you dress up in religious regalia and bless people as you shop for films?

:lol:

*sorry, couldn't resist. ;)