Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th January 2014 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by applecore (Post 387182)
Bruce Springsteen - High Hopes - £9.99 in HMV

Was that for the dvd / cd?

I have it on order from Amazon. Looking forward watching his entire performance of the Born in the USA album.

sawyer6 13th January 2014 05:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Latest stuff

applecore 13th January 2014 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 387186)
Was that for the dvd / cd?

I have it on order from Amazon. Looking forward watching his entire performance of the Born in the USA album.

Just the CD. Was £12.99 with the DVD and I figured I'd save the £3 as I don't know if I'd watch the DVD (I tend to forget with things like that. Still not watched the HELL one and I'm in the audience for half of it :lol: ).
Plus the way it looked, it was the same CD package, but with the DVD included in a cardboard sleeve, only attached by the cellophane wrapping. If that makes any sense..?

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th January 2014 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by applecore (Post 387189)
Just the CD. Was £12.99 with the DVD and I figured I'd save the £3 as I don't know if I'd watch the DVD (I tend to forget with things like that. Still not watched the HELL one and I'm in the audience for half of it :lol: ).
Plus the way it looked, it was the same CD package, but with the DVD included in a cardboard sleeve, only attached by the cellophane wrapping. If that makes any sense..?

Yeah it does. Springsteen always goes in for card packaging it seems. Probably to save the planet.... oh yeah and cheaper. To be fair he does release something new every year though, so a huge kudos for that.

Sam 13th January 2014 05:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Picked up these for 17 quid in total from the HMV clearance sale

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

tele1962 13th January 2014 06:22 PM

My copy of In The Heat Of The Night, has shipped from Amazon. :woot:

applecore 13th January 2014 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 387190)
Yeah it does. Springsteen always goes in for card packaging it seems. Probably to save the planet.... oh yeah and cheaper. To be fair he does release something new every year though, so a huge kudos for that.

Plus a certain quality usually comes with his work, regardless of packaging. I'm all for cardboard cases, personally, as it's the plastic circular bit contained within that I really care about :lol:
Although you can get a certain creativity with cardboard cases that plastic can't offer. HELL's ouija board, or the cross shape in Rammstein's greatest hits, for example.

antmumford 13th January 2014 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeypedro (Post 387159)
Not posted my purchases in a while but this is what i have bought in the last month.
A mixture of charity shops, Online purchases and a few competition prizes.

What a fantastic haul monkeypedro, Untouchable is a firm favourite of mine :-D

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th January 2014 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by applecore (Post 387211)
Plus a certain quality usually comes with his work, regardless of packaging. I'm all for cardboard cases, personally, as it's the plastic circular bit contained within that I really care about :lol:
Although you can get a certain creativity with cardboard cases that plastic can't offer. HELL's ouija board, or the cross shape in Rammstein's greatest hits, for example.

I also like the cardboard cases actually.

applecore 13th January 2014 10:03 PM

Just ordered the House Collection (the movies, not the TV show) from the CEX website for £12.50 delivered.
Wanted it a while actually, saw it in MVC years ago but never got it as I was about 13 and Dad wasn't too keen on me watching 18s. Glad I did a google search, as I was prepared to pay twice that on amazon used and new!