Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Gojirosan 5th December 2012 12:17 PM

I regret to report that the Arrow and Network sales also sucked in a hefty portion of my rent money last night...:blush:

Gojirosan 5th December 2012 12:18 PM

There was a sizeable dollop of affection in the term!

:happy: :tongue1:

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th December 2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 298845)
You just need to direct someone that is planning to buy you presents to the sale, that's what I've done!

It's a blessing for me as there were a few items on there that I really wanted but I deemed too expensive that I can now have Mystery and Imagination, Thriller, Beadle's About volume 2, Things to Come and Dramarama vol. 1 - are all on my list before searching the site, hopefully they'll be still in stock!

The only problem with that is there are about 9 things i want / need / must have and i can't risk missing out on things as there are some excellent offers. :faint:

Rik 5th December 2012 12:21 PM

Am I the only one who hasn't found a single thing I'd like in the Network sale :lol:

SharonLynette 5th December 2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 298848)
The only problem with that is there are about 9 things i want / need / must have and i can't risk missing out on things as there are some excellent offers. :faint:

I know what you mean, there are some items I want but won't get but am hoping that there will eventually be another similar sale. The Thriller, Mystery & Imagination box sets are a big want as they're usually really quite expensive. I'll leave Children's Ward for another time though!

Gojirosan 5th December 2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 298848)

Yep. I reluctantly had to delete a few things at the checkout (Chiller, the Prom Night box) when the shock of the expense hit me!

SharonLynette 5th December 2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 298853)
Yep. I reluctantly had to delete a few things at the checkout (Chiller, the Prom Night box) when the shock of the expense hit me!

I spotted them too and have mentioned to James to feel free to browse the site to see if he sees anything I would like.....we have been best friends for almost a decade so he should know.

I've mainly avoided browsing the site, I've had a quick look but it isn't a great layout so I don't know what I have and haven't seen but I've decided not to look any more to avoid disappointment.

Susan Foreman 5th December 2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 298840)
What idiot(s) had to bang on about the Network dvd sale.? :rolleyes: :mmph: :lol:

Must....resist......

Mind you, there is no 'Doctor Who'

Mind you, there is 'The Stones in the Park', 'Magpie', 'Marc' and 'Buster Keaton'

Must.....resist.....!

Handyman Joe 5th December 2012 12:39 PM

I've got The Ghoul, The Possession of Joel Delaney and The Medusa Touch and they're all excellent with Newman/Jones commentaries. Well worth picking up. Medusa in particular is perfect for an Xmas afternoons viewing.

PaulD 5th December 2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 298853)

I wish I hadn't seen that Chiller was in there. I loved that when I was younger and always wanted to see it again and wasn't aware it was out on DVD . Gah, bloody temptation!