Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

trebor8273 13th January 2014 01:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeypedro (Post 387159)
Not posted my purchases in a while but this is what i have bought in the last month.
A mixture of charity shops, Online purchases and a few competition prizes.

nice haul and people say i buy a lot!!

edit

two deliveries today.anyone else got black museum and did it come in a thin dvd case?

nosferatu42 13th January 2014 01:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 128280

I got the network dvd of 'House in nightmare park' recently and that was a slim dvd case, so i'm guessing thats how their dvd's are supposed to be.

bdc 13th January 2014 01:49 PM

Yep my recent Network purchases all had slim cases,even the Perfect Friday blu (which also has a slim dvd case). ;)

bdc 13th January 2014 02:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just went to the post office and my local shop is closing down so picked up these (all Dutch releases):

Piranha 3DD
Battlegirls vs Yakuza 2

I don't even own Battle girls 1 but this pic on the back cover made me buy it. :loco:

trebor8273 13th January 2014 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 387168)
Just went to the post office and my local shop is closing down so picked up these (all Dutch releases):

Piranha 3DD
Battlegirls vs Yakuza 2

I don't even own Battle girls 1 but this pic on the back cover made me buy it. :loco:

think i might check that out. seems like a very interesting film

bdc 13th January 2014 02:18 PM

It's a low budget dv action film,read the first one is more campier and this one more serious...knowing these "new wave Japanese exploitation films" I would keep expectations really low (there are a few exceptions though) and pick it up really cheap.
You will be disappointed otherwise.
Japan used to make some great exploitation films but seemingly lost their way somewhere.

Might save this one till I find part 1 cheap.

BAKA 13th January 2014 02:48 PM

Great haul monkeypedro!

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/...pscfb667d3.jpg

A few imports from DiabolikDVD, a few Zavvi exclusives, another book and yet more sales purchases. Did not exect to be using Zavvi again. It's been over a year since I last purchased something from there. It's amazing the crazy lengths the lure of a decent release of Tenebrae and a 20% off voucher will drive you to. It was nice to get a slip with Terror Train, thanks to Diabolik. Never seen Corruption, but it looks amazing. Things To Come was dirt cheap, thanks to Sainsburys, and Trouble In Paradise was so cheap it made me feel guilty! I don't imagine I'll be getting very much for a while, as I've just booked a little break.

trebor8273 13th January 2014 03:13 PM

Two cheap steel books from zavvi

Gremlins - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray | Zavvi.com

Point Break - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray | Zavvi.com

monkeypedro 13th January 2014 03:45 PM

Just ordered as Gremlins is one of my all time faves and not seen Point Break since the 90's and also because i am becoming a sucker for collecting steelbooks especially if the price is right.

applecore 13th January 2014 04:20 PM

Picked up a few DVDs:
Greg Davies - The Back of My Mum's Head (Live) - £5.99 in HMV
Macgruber - £1.49 in The Works' liquidation sale.
The 'Burbs Uncut - £1.49 again

As well as:
Saints Row IV (PS3) - £18 in GAME's sale.
Bruce Springsteen - High Hopes - £9.99 in HMV
Less Than Jake - See The Light - £10.99 in HMV
Listened to most of the Less Than Jake album on the way home. It's rather excellent.
Also it seems HMV are having a sale on stand-up DVDs, as that Greg Davies one came out late last year, as did Ross Noble's "Mindblender", which was £4.99 (which I bought day of release for £12.50!!!)