Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

oaxaca 1st February 2014 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasteropod (Post 390194)
It's better than the original (which is dull as hell).

:eek:

As for THE FOG... Its one of the greatest horror films ever!!

J Harker 1st February 2014 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 390180)
My mum said The Fog is "slow and boring. I've not seen it, so I can't comment yet, but it's probably HER that's slow and boring :lol:

No no no she's wrong. The Fog is brilliant. Really atomospheric, just a gorgeous looking film and my favourite John Carpenter film. (Of those I've seen)
Event Horizon is also excellent and I really like Piranha 3D.

J Harker 1st February 2014 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by applecore (Post 390187)
Saw this in Waterstones today and couldn't say no.

That is a beautiful edition. I keep meaning to pick it up but Waterstones are so expensive.
All those Barnes & Noble Leatherbounds are nice.

nosferatu42 1st February 2014 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 390181)
I like the Friday 13th remake.

Piranha only cost £1.99, so no big loss if I end up hating it.

I only really like the first 4 original Friday 13th films, so for me the remake is ok, it is well made and has some good kills so is in my opinion better than some of the later original films. Only thing is doesn't Jason keep one of the girls captive, this for me was totally out of character.:pop2:

As to the others Event Horizon's good, The Fog is great but Piranha 3DD sucks big time, Only good if u like fake boobs.;)( oops i just looked again i think u got the Piranha remake, i thought u got the sequel, :doh:in that case the first is enjoyable but the sequels pants.

Linbro 1st February 2014 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 390184)
Someone told me the other day that Savages is terrible. Can anyone here confirm this?

Yeah, I thought it was pretty bad - mainly because the three leads are so dull. Plus, it's all been done before.

trebor8273 1st February 2014 07:11 PM

I was probably to harsh on Friday the 13th remake it's a lot better than a lot of remakes, the only thing that I really didn't like was how they portrayed Jason in this movie, was very un Jason like at times. Many worse films out there. Also the frog is brilliant one of the most atmospheric movies I've seen, maybe your mother is confused with the remake.

We'll think I'll watch altered states , wonder if it's as creepy and disturbing as a remember. :popcorn:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st February 2014 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 390231)
Also the frog is brilliant one of the most atmospheric movies I've seen, maybe your mother is confused with the remake.

Don't you mean The Fog?!

trebor8273 1st February 2014 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 390236)
Don't you mean The Fog?!

Yes. :lol:

applecore 1st February 2014 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 390211)
That is a beautiful edition. I keep meaning to pick it up but Waterstones are so expensive.
All those Barnes & Noble Leatherbounds are nice.

Was 20% off today, so this beauty only cost £12.
When the girl at the till scanned it, it came up £18, the tag on the back was £15, so she reduced it, then knocked off the 20% :)
If it had been £18 I'd have left it, but for £12 I figured I couldn't say no.

J Harker 1st February 2014 09:37 PM

It was £7 on Amazon a few months back. I should have got it then.