Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Buboven 20th December 2015 09:21 PM

Bought the 6 disc Alien Anthology set for 12 quid, going to sell my three individual Alien, Aliens and Alien Resurrection to get my money back.

plasterface 20th December 2015 10:10 PM

unexpected

sure someone else mentioned tales of the unexpected on this thread , got an unusual dvd box set from sainsburys for 18 quid . I say unusual as it covers the first 4 series then a few episodes from season 5. looking online 9 series were made and on amazon a complete box set is available as well as series 1 to 8 seperately but no series 9 . Seems odd my box set covers four and a bit series and only way to get full set is by getting the large pricey boxset.

Inspector Abberline 20th December 2015 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasterface (Post 471680)
sure someone else mentioned tales of the unexpected on this thread , got an unusual dvd box set from sainsburys for 18 quid . I say unusual as it covers the first 4 series then a few episodes from season 5. looking online 9 series were made and on amazon a complete box set is available as well as series 1 to 8 seperately but no series 9 . Seems odd my box set covers four and a bit series and only way to get full set is by getting the large pricey boxset.

Yeah i picked that box set a few weeks ago,seemed a fare price for 50 episodes I thought.

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th December 2015 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 471681)
Yeah i picked that box set a few weeks ago,seemed a fare price for 50 episodes I thought.

I paid £25 in a Network sale for all 112 episodes in January 2014 and i'm nowhere near finishing it yet.

Inspector Abberline 20th December 2015 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 471682)
I paid £25 in a Network sale for all 112 episodes in January 2014 and i'm nowhere near finishing it yet.

yeah if im honest im finding it a hard slog,there not as good as I remember them to be.

plasterface 20th December 2015 10:37 PM

unexpected

oh it is a fair price but i want the lot, looks like i'll just have to wait further down the line for complete series to become cheap.

Inspector Abberline 20th December 2015 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasterface (Post 471685)
oh it is a fair price but i want the lot, looks like i'll just have to wait further down the line for complete series to become cheap.

To be honest I thought I had bought the complete set,In hindsight I doubt if I would of watched all of them .

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th December 2015 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 471683)
yeah if im honest im finding it a hard slog,there not as good as I remember them to be.

There is a drop in quality once Dahl stopped introducing them and the stories ended up written by others. Still some crackers though. It's not a slog to me i just don't dip in to it that often. I've still got six discs to watch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasterface (Post 471685)

You should be able to pick it up in the next Network tv sale - probably January.

Inspector Abberline 20th December 2015 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 471687)
There is a drop in quality once Dahl stopped introducing them and the stories ended up written by others. Still some crackers though. It's not a slog to me i just don't dip in to it that often. I've still got six discs to watch.

You should be able to pick it up in the next Network tv sale - probably January.

Yeah im just not enjoying them,which is odd cause I luv thing's like Beasts and Thriller series.

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th December 2015 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 471688)
Yeah im just not enjoying them,which is odd cause I luv thing's like Beasts and Thriller series.

Give them a rest and go back to them later. It's not like they are a continuing series.