All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151393Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st April 2014, 08:49 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Got my Dutch Escape Plan blu-ray today. Doesn't have the commentary found on the UK/US release, but I can live with that because I prefer the poster art this one used.

bdc, oaxaca, keirarts and 1 others like this.
Old 1st April 2014, 08:53 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Got my Dutch Escape Plan blu-ray today. Doesn't have the commentary found on the UK/US release, but I can live with that because I prefer the poster art this one used.

I love the 3d slipcase on the UK release.
Old 1st April 2014, 09:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Huh? But they never have Blu's that cheap do they? £3's the cheapest I've seen so far. That is impressive, maybe they're knocking down a few others too
I've seen blus for a quid before in the Cov branch, if you check their site you'll see they do quite a lot of BDs for a quid... https://uk.webuy.com/search/index.ph..._asc&catid=792

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
May sound bad, but I don't care who gets my money. Economy Schmeconomey!
Totally agree I'm afraid. I base my buying on the quality of the blu ray (AV, artwork, extras) not the country of origin! If its virtually the same in the US vs. UK then I will tend to go for the home release particularly if its an indie label... But also because I prefer the wider spines

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 1st April 2014, 09:11 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

"A good fight should be like a small play...but played seriously. When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity... l do not hit...it hits all by itself."
Old 1st April 2014, 10:26 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invid Ninja View Post
Three months or so later, another update. Only some of the DVD's I have bought feature here simply because I wanted to spread my updates into several smaller parts. There will likely be three more updates I will upload in the next week or so featuring more DVDs and the Blus. Also as a slight apology, haven't actually seen a few of these yet. Only just have had more free time on my hands from uni. XD

Another enjoyable vid Oli.
Btw have you seen John Woo's Heroes Shed No Tears?
Old 1st April 2014, 11:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Huh? But they never have Blu's that cheap do they? £3's the cheapest I've seen so far. That is impressive, maybe they're knocking down a few others too
CEX prices on Blu have come down recently, Pacific Rim £8 blu/£10 dvd, they don't shift as fast as dvd so just economics I guess, seen loads at £3-£5 too. Mine is quite a big shop tho.
Old 2nd April 2014, 06:55 AM
Cult Acolyte

Didn't know where to ask this, so I'll ask it here.

What are the cheapest places on lines right now to order new release Arrow and 88 Films blu rays? Stuff from the year.

And now that ImportCDs has hiked their prices, what's the cheapest place to get Scream, Scorpion and Grindhouse blus that ships overseas?

Got my birthday in 2 months and the exchange rate is shit at the moment, so I need to save wherever I can!

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 2nd April 2014, 07:06 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
Didn't know where to ask this, so I'll ask it here.

What are the cheapest places on lines right now to order new release Arrow and 88 Films blu rays? Stuff from the year.

And now that ImportCDs has hiked their prices, what's the cheapest place to get Scream, Scorpion and Grindhouse blus that ships overseas?

Got my birthday in 2 months and the exchange rate is shit at the moment, so I need to save wherever I can!
Arrow themselves are usually the cheapest for the new Arrow titles now - although you're better holding out for a sale than ordering at full price (if you can wait that is!). As for 88 releases Amazon are one of the cheapest, although they do tend to drop a lot after release on there so again it might be better to play the waiting game. Amazon's prices do fluctuate quite a bit though too with titles sometimes being wildly over-priced one day and pretty cheap the next!

As for US discs I usually order from Amazon marketplace sellers Allyourmusic or Movie Mars via Amazon UK. Allyourmusic is actually part of ImportCDs.

EDIT: I just realised that you're in Aus, so I'm not sure whether the above works out cheap for in relation to postage options etc.
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 2nd April 2014, 08:40 AM
Active Cultist

Send a message via Skype™ to Invid Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
Another enjoyable vid Oli.
Btw have you seen John Woo's Heroes Shed No Tears?
I have seen it and it's great fun, bought it for 4 pounds or so during HMV's 'dying' sales last year.
bdc likes this.

Cold Iron (R.O.T.O.R, 1987)
Old 2nd April 2014, 12:50 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Amazon's prices do fluctuate quite a bit though too with titles sometimes being wildly over-priced one day and pretty cheap the next!
They sure do.

I put the BFI 's CFF Weird Adventures dvd in my basket one morning at £6.99 and when i came to check out later in the day it was £11.99. Needless to say it went from the basket to wishlist immediately.

I ended up reordering it on Sunday when it dropped to £6.57....it's now back at £10.70.

Like this? Share it using the links below!