Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151397Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th June 2014, 03:41 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Just splurged at the B&N Criterion 50% off sale.

Yojimbo & Sanjuro: Two Films by Akira Kurosawa
Shock Corridor
Beauty and the Beast
The Phantom Carriage
Bigger Than Life
Orpheus

I think I made some good choices, if I say so myself. I'm slightly concerned at the MoC tease for this week though, the plastic can't take much more this week. Annoyingly Zavvi, who I try to avoid sent me a 15% discount code, which turns those exclusive Arrow Steels to £12.50 each, but I'm still trying to resist.
Old 30th June 2014, 03:50 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post

Shock Corridor
Beauty and the Beast
The Phantom Carriage
Bigger Than Life
Orpheus

I think I made some good choices, if I say so myself. I'm slightly concerned at the MoC tease for this week though, the plastic can't take much more this week. Annoyingly Zavvi, who I try to avoid sent me a 15% discount code, which turns those exclusive Arrow Steels to £12.50 each, but I'm still trying to resist.
Awesome selection! What are your experiences with B&N concerning shipping? Do they usually pass the customs test?
Old 30th June 2014, 03:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

HMV had a copy of Re-animator at last, it was saved for either a customer or a member of staff but they gave me it anyway, teehee!

I bought Spirits of the Dead just for Toby Dammit, the Arrow store clearly pictures the slipcase version though so a bit disappointed they've sent me the clear case edition.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (90.4 KB, 1 views)
Old 30th June 2014, 03:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:

Shock Corridor
Beauty and the Beast
The Phantom Carriage
Bigger Than Life
Orpheus
Did you order them all separately? I was starting to order earlier but they end up over 17 quid each so it's hardly even worth it, I usually use coupon codes whenever I can find them but no luck so far, anyone know of any?
Old 30th June 2014, 04:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynel View Post
Awesome selection! What are your experiences with B&N concerning shipping? Do they usually pass the customs test?
Everything I have ordered has gone undetected by customs so far *touch wood*, but they do declare the full value and correctly label the contents, so you could well be stung. But at these prices even being hit by customs it's still a bargain, as far as I'm concerned.

I am wondering though if anyone has tried ticking the gift option when ordering to see if B&N label the package as a gift instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjconstable View Post
Did you order them all separately? I was starting to order earlier but they end up over 17 quid each so it's hardly even worth it, I usually use coupon codes whenever I can find them but no luck so far, anyone know of any?
No I ordered them all together. Worked out around £12.15 per title (counting the Kurosawa set as 2 releases) if I don't get stung, or £15.70 if I get stung. Which is pretty decent, as far as I'm concerned. Last time most of my packages were shipped first into Germany and then shipped into the UK, so I was lucky not to get stung, so I'm hoping the same will happen, but as far as I can tell it's completely random. Several people seemed to get hit last year on the Blu-ray.com forums from the UK.
Old 30th June 2014, 04:18 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Everything I have ordered has gone undetected by customs so far *touch wood*, but they do declare the full value and correctly label the contents, so you could well be stung. But at these prices even being hit by customs it's still a bargain, as far as I'm concerned.

I am wondering though if anyone has tried ticking the gift option when ordering to see if B&N label the package as a gift instead.
I wish you all the luck then! Sadly I can't participate in the sale since I bought 2 Crit titles from BIOH

Fear and loathing in Las vegas
Videodrome
Old 30th June 2014, 04:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
No I ordered them all together. Worked out around £12.15 per title (counting the Kurosawa set as 2 releases) if I don't get stung, or £15.70 if I get stung. Which is pretty decent, as far as I'm concerned. Last time most of my packages were shipped first into Germany and then shipped into the UK, so I was lucky not to get stung, so I'm hoping the same will happen, but as far as I can tell it's completely random. Several people seemed to get hit last year on the Blu-ray.com forums from the UK.
How do you work out how much it'd be for each item if you got stung? I hadn't really thought about it being cheaper even with customs charges, I will have to consider that.
Old 30th June 2014, 04:34 PM
Cult Addict

Is anyone else finding that at least half the pics posted on this new version of tapatalk aren't actually showing?
Old 30th June 2014, 04:38 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

From eBay, I ordered the Criterion Collection BDs of Wild Strawberries, Safety Last! and Seconds. With postage, they cost about $24.50 which, according to Google, is £14.32.
Old 30th June 2014, 04:47 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
From eBay, I ordered the Criterion Collection BDs of Wild Strawberries, Safety Last! and Seconds. With postage, they cost about $24.50 which, according to Google, is £14.32.
From BIOH I trust? They have many Criterion Blus for under £12 (ex. shipping).

Like this? Share it using the links below!