Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd January 2015 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 430171)
The Wachowskis' best for sure. :nod:

Definitely.:nod:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd January 2015 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 430173)
Surely that honour goes to the magnificent Speed Racer. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 430174)
I've never actually seen that! However, it's not a film that grabs me in a way where I'm aching to sit down and give it a go either... ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 430175)
The words truly and awful when used together sum it up perfectly.

Whether it is due to its goofiness, migraine-inducing colours and extraordinary design, or just because of the predictability and dialogue, I thought it was cool beans!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd January 2015 08:43 AM

In my review of the BD, this was my conclusion:

I actively avoided this at the cinema as I thought I’d hate it and, although Speed Racer isn’t a perfect film and there are plenty of flaws, I found it to be great fun and the visuals are stunning – my retinas are still in recovery – certainly not deserving of all the negative reviews. This was an opportunity to push the boat out and produce a disc that would show what Blu-ray is all about but the paltry extras package and average audio setup is a real let down. It’s worth watching simply for the jaw-dropping visuals and, like me, you may even find you like it.

zane 2nd January 2015 08:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I won't have to buy movies anytime soon.

Nordicdusk 2nd January 2015 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zane (Post 430207)
I won't have to buy movies anytime soon.

That's what we all say give it a week and you will be ordering more :lol:

VeZius 2nd January 2015 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 430206)
In my review of the BD, this was my conclusion:

I actively avoided this at the cinema as I thought I’d hate it and, although Speed Racer isn’t a perfect film and there are plenty of flaws, I found it to be great fun and the visuals are stunning – my retinas are still in recovery – certainly not deserving of all the negative reviews. This was an opportunity to push the boat out and produce a disc that would show what Blu-ray is all about but the paltry extras package and average audio setup is a real let down. It’s worth watching simply for the jaw-dropping visuals and, like me, you may even find you like it.

I saw it a few years ago, I thought it was a ton of fun! Only thing I didn't like, was that kid and it's monkey... Remove those and I'd have no complaints. :)

Vipp 2nd January 2015 11:48 AM

11 Attachment(s)
My Zavvi Sale stuff arrived so i will share my latest pick ups and a few oldies that i saved for now.

I got The new twilight zone set for £10, The Film Four set (because i want Touching the Void) for £6 and the Ghost stories for Xmas set was around £21 (Zavvi had it for £17 but i missed out) anyway that was a nice set to pick up.

Also the Hobbit extended second film tin edition and finally i thought i'd pimp Fetch publicity and Cult labs and share my latest competition winnings to encourage some of you to join in on the competitions more. :)

A Signed nightmare on elm street blu ray set, a creature from the black lagoon special edition also a long time ago i won a special Frankenstein's Army figure but my camera was crap - i took a new photo - i won it a while back but i love it.

Edgeworth 2nd January 2015 12:39 PM

Eureka sale finishes tonight, dropped an order in for Tarnished Angels, Boomerang and House (dvd). :thumb:

Nordicdusk 2nd January 2015 01:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 153315

J Harker 2nd January 2015 04:05 PM

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15...fe93028d86.jpg
Traded in a bunch of stuff this morning and got these from CEX