Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Daemonia 10th December 2010 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 115999)
Good buys!! Is Cujo Region A locked or not?? Very interested in buying that!

Have heard bad things about the Friday 13th part 3 transfer compared to the previous 2. Let us know what you make of it if you would ;)

Cujo is region-free. I know this for defnite as it plays in my Region B player just fine. Lovely transfer too - it never looked this good at the cinema when it first came out! Well worth picking up.

Friday the 13th Part 3 has lovely clarity with solid blacks and crisp colours. However, they've not bothered to celan up the print in any way, which is kind of silly. At one point there were spots and blotches over the screen. There's scratches, blemishes and hairs. Granted, for the greater part of the film it looks perfectly fine. But just when you think 'Oooh that looks superb' up pops a scratch, some dirt or a blemish and it's jarring and makes you go 'Urgh!' I have no doubt that Paramount will milk this cash cow again at some point with a sparkly new 'restored' transfer.

Daemonia 10th December 2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 116047)
Anyone who has any reservations about PEEPING TOM BTW-Don't classy transfer for one of the all time classics.:nod:

Cheers for the heads up, Reaps. I was waiting to see what the consensus here was, so I'll go ahead and order a copy now.

I tend to not go by reviews anymore. Reviews of Warners Under Siege said it was a sub-par transfer - I thought it looked absolutely stunning. The level of detail in some scenes was breathtaking. Ignore the naysayers on this one.

Inspector Tanzi 10th December 2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 116282)
Cujo is region-free. I know this for defnite as it plays in my Region B player just fine. Lovely transfer too - it never looked this good at the cinema when it first came out! Well worth picking up.

Is it uncut? The first time I ever saw Cujo was on tv and there was quite a long sex scene in it, hasn't been in any other version I have seen.

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th December 2010 04:02 PM

Got Dead Cert starring Craig Fairbrass the other day....wasn't too bad :)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th December 2010 10:12 PM

I wasn't too keen on it when I was sent a disc for review but I'll watch it again and see if the second viewing changes or affirms my opinion.

gag 11th December 2010 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 116067)
yep off ebay...from this seller, used him before and he's pretty good...

APRILFUNK - POSSESSION DVD

I always go for the korean release if Either R1 or UK R2 are a bit to pricey.

Managed to get The Beyond, Zombie Flesh Eaters, Ilsa: She wolf of the SS, La Femme Nikita, Streets Of Fire and Beastmaster off him and they've all been decent dvds...check out his store

Ive had a browse on his site looks good and cheep as well. come new yr might start ordering weekly off him..

Pete 11th December 2010 11:54 AM

TOKYO GORE POLICE
THE SOLDIER
AMAZING TRANSPLANT - R1
SEED OF CHUCKY
GOREHOUSE GREATS COLLECTION - R1
ASSASSINATION (Bronson) - R1
BLASTFIGHTER (small hardbox)
SINNER (Jess Franco) - R1
BEYOND EVIL (Vipco VHS)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 11th December 2010 04:13 PM

Picked up the LETHAL WEAPON collection yesterday.:cool:

Best of all though-Managed to get a SHOGUN ASSASSIN tin,which features the original poster art on the reverse once you peel the synopsis off.:cool:

It also includes the standard DVD.;)

A must have!:woot:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 11th December 2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 116283)
Cheers for the heads up, Reaps. I was waiting to see what the consensus here was, so I'll go ahead and order a copy now.

I tend to not go by reviews anymore. Reviews of Warners Under Siege said it was a sub-par transfer - I thought it looked absolutely stunning. The level of detail in some scenes was breathtaking. Ignore the naysayers on this one.

Honestly mate-you won't be disappointed.;)

Stephen@Cult Labs 11th December 2010 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 116488)
Picked up the LETHAL WEAPON collection yesterday.:cool:

Best of all though-Managed to get a SHOGUN ASSASSIN tin,which features the original poster art on the reverse once you peel the synopsis off.:cool:

It also includes the standard DVD.;)

A must have!:woot:

Go on Reaps, be like me and also get the separate Lethal Weapon releases so you can have the nice original poster artwork adorning the covers! I must be mad!!! :lol:

And yes, the Shogun Assassin steelbook is a beauty.