Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

the blob 19th October 2010 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argentofan (Post 108955)
Ah thats upped my hopes! I'll be watching it tonight, and I'll give my opinion later too. ;)

Also just bought Face Off from the local cash generator on the way home. They also had a lovely region one "ten years" release of Reservoir Dogs too, it was the Mr Pink edition and was really nice, but I couldn't afford it cause it was a fiver and I only had enough for one film, so hopefully it will still be there on the weekend.

Avoid that version of Reservoir Dogs. There's some dialogue missing. I used to have the Mr Brown one (might still, not sure) but then got the gas can edition. It's a lot better in general.

I thought Let The Right One In was fantastic. Going to see Let Me In tomorrow night hopefully. Got my reservations but dying to see how they compare. :)

Argentofan 19th October 2010 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 109005)
Avoid that version of Reservoir Dogs. There's some dialogue missing. I used to have the Mr Brown one (might still, not sure) but then got the gas can edition. It's a lot better in general.

I thought Let The Right One In was fantastic. Going to see Let Me In tomorrow night hopefully. Got my reservations but dying to see how they compare. :)

I might buy it just cause the packaging is so nice. :lol: But thanks for the info!

Oh, is that a sequel or something? Or just a similar film?

the blob 19th October 2010 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argentofan (Post 109010)
I might buy it just cause the packaging is so nice. :lol: But thanks for the info!

Oh, is that a sequel or something? Or just a similar film?

It's a remake, produced by the new Hammer no less. The trailer I saw looked shot for shot but the reviews have been really good so I'm going to give it a go.

Argentofan 19th October 2010 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 109012)
It's a remake, produced by the new Hammer no less. The trailer I saw looked shot for shot but the reviews have been really good so I'm going to give it a go.

Ohh cool. It being made by hammer is probably worth a go.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th October 2010 09:47 PM

Ordered Severin's SINFUL DWARF and preordered their PSYCHOMANIA.
Also ordered Michael Reeves's SHE BEAST.

antmumford 19th October 2010 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argentofan (Post 109013)
Ohh cool. It being made by hammer is probably worth a go.

I can't wait to see this to be honest, I know it won't be but many are saying it's just as good if not better than the original.

Back to topic now and I just picked up Wrong Turn 1-3 Boxset from Tesco for a mere £6.

By the way Let The Right One In was meant to be re released yesterday on Blu-ray and DVD but with an awesome new cover design and new exclusive features. I hear it's a Zavvi and The Hut exclusive but when looking on the sites both say Currently Unavailable. Anyone know what's happened to it?

Argentofan 19th October 2010 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 109015)
I can't wait to see this to be honest, I know it won't be but many are saying it's just as good if not better than the original.

Back to topic now and I just picked up Wrong Turn 1-3 Boxset from Tesco for a mere £6.

By the way Let The Right One In was meant to be re released yesterday on Blu-ray and DVD but with an awesome new cover design and new exclusive features. I hear it's a Zavvi and The Hut exclusive but when looking on the sites both say Currently Unavailable. Anyone know what's happened to it?

I wanted to get the wrong turn boxset, but I'm not 18 and they ask me for ID when I'm buying 12 dvds in my tesco.
My Let The Right One In has a different cover to the one listed on amazon. It's all white and a tree with someone hanging from it.

antmumford 19th October 2010 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argentofan (Post 109017)
I wanted to get the wrong turn boxset, but I'm not 18 and they ask me for ID when I'm buying 12 dvds in my tesco.
My Let The Right One In has a different cover to the one listed on amazon. It's all white and a tree with someone hanging from it.

You've got the one I'm after then, did you say you picked up at Tescos? If so how much was the Blu-ray do you know? I went to Tescos tonight and never saw it there :mmph:

Argentofan 19th October 2010 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 109019)
You've got the one I'm after then, did you say you picked up at Tescos? If so how much was the Blu-ray do you know? I went to Tescos tonight and never saw it there :mmph:

I did get it from tesco. :D Ah I didn't see it on blue ray, I think they only had the DVD, which was only £5.

antmumford 19th October 2010 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argentofan (Post 109021)
I did get it from tesco. :D Ah I didn't see it on blue ray, I think they only had the DVD, which was only £5.

Wow I think you got yourself a bargain then cos it's meant to be about £11 on their website and the old release should have gone down to that kind of price. They must have labelled the new release with the old release price accidentally