LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th March 2017, 05:03 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Dexter was £3 in a charity shop, the rest I ordered from cex yesterday.

£3! What a bargain.
Old 18th March 2017, 07:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I've never seen La Belle. I had it on order last year in HMV's 2 for £10 offer but it never got shipped and they eventually canceled it. I noticed they had one in stock this week at £5.99 so ordered it double quick. It's now out of stock again and £6.99.

King Kong Lives was only £3 at Asda. I hoped they'd have the 70's remake but they had anything but that. I fancied some cheezy Kong action so thought 'what the hell?'
It's very dream like. The Cocteau film. Enjoy !!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 18th March 2017, 10:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

99p each from a charity shop!

IMG_2884.JPG
IMG_2885.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 18th March 2017, 11:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

23rd Century.
A law to themselves.
M@CH is a shoddy little bitch. Enjoy!!
BGD? Words are useless. Enjoy: the sequel.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 19th March 2017, 11:43 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
23rd Century.

A law to themselves.

M@CH is a shoddy little bitch. Enjoy!!

BGD? Words are useless. Enjoy: the sequel.

Ha ha !

Yeah, I was googling 23rd Century last night and your opinion seems to be the general consensus! Someone on some lesser film forum than CL that I came across was angrily calling them pirates, cowboys and bootleggers - and was suggesting that they were just firing out any film they could get their hands on without bothering about rights or whatever.

I've seen their releases in charity shops before, but they've never grabbed my attention like the two above (I am most definitely someone who judges a DVD by its cover - a marketer's dream!). When I picked them up yesterday and read all the spelling and grammatical errors on the box, along with a disclaimer which reads "the image on the sleeve may not necessarily correspond with the film", I knew I had to buy them!

Old 19th March 2017, 12:09 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckyFunster View Post
Ha ha !

Yeah, I was googling 23rd Century last night and your opinion seems to be the general consensus! Someone on some lesser film forum than CL that I came across was angrily calling them pirates, cowboys and bootleggers - and was suggesting that they were just firing out any film they could get their hands on without bothering about rights or whatever.

I've seen their releases in charity shops before, but they've never grabbed my attention like the two above (I am most definitely someone who judges a DVD by its cover - a marketer's dream!). When I picked them up yesterday and read all the spelling and grammatical errors on the box, along with a disclaimer which reads "the image on the sleeve may not necessarily correspond with the film", I knew I had to buy them!

The poster wasn't wrong. They are so grey market i'm surprised they haven't released 50 Shades of Grey.
Old 19th March 2017, 05:25 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Not a usual purchase, but I bought a new TV today – a LG 49UH770V as an upgrade from my (approximately) 12-year-old Panasonic Viera 42" plasma screen. It will have much better picture quality and be considerably more energy-efficient.

Old 19th March 2017, 05:41 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Not a usual purchase, but I bought a new TV today – a LG 49UH770V as an upgrade from my (approximately) 12-year-old Panasonic Viera 42" plasma screen. It will have much better picture quality and be considerably more energy-efficient.
No doubt Treb will find one in a charity shop still sealed for 3 quid tomorrow.
keirarts, nosferatu42 and Graeme73 like this.
Old 19th March 2017, 05:50 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
No doubt Treb will find one in a charity shop still sealed for 3 quid tomorrow.
A 12-year-old Panasonic plasma screen? I severely doubt it!

However, with his luck and history of finding things at ridiculous prices, I wouldn't be at all surprised.
keirarts likes this.
Old 19th March 2017, 05:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckyFunster View Post
Ha ha !

I've got about 40 of them ... funnily enough a mate picked up their dvd of a Bollywood flick "Maalamaal" ....
There is a 23rd Century thread btw
keirarts and MuckyFunster like this.

[B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!