Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151400Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th July 2017, 07:39 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I do buy a lot of movies and more recently TV series but actually do watch them as i only work part time a few nights a week so i have more time nowadays and i have no rent or mortgage to pay anymore and many of the discs i pick up are cheap and try not to buy a new title on release day and wait for it to be in a sale or someone selling second hand. I normally watch at least one movie a day and have a TV series on the go at a time which may take anything from a week to a month to complete. I also within the last year have started to sell some of my collection to finance new stuff so not so much of a hit on the bank balance.

I used to be an avid gamer but now don't have the time for it as movies are my main focus as impossible to play games and watch stuff unless you don't sleep.
Old 26th July 2017, 07:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypedro View Post
I do buy a lot of movies and more recently TV series but actually do watch them as i only work part time a few nights a week so i have more time nowadays and i have no rent or mortgage to pay anymore and many of the discs i pick up are cheap and try not to buy a new title on release day and wait for it to be in a sale or someone selling second hand. I normally watch at least one movie a day and have a TV series on the go at a time which may take anything from a week to a month to complete. I also within the last year have started to sell some of my collection to finance new stuff so not so much of a hit on the bank balance.

I used to be an avid gamer but now don't have the time for it as movies are my main focus as impossible to play games and watch stuff unless you don't sleep.
No harm in my comments just banter ,but sometimes I just wish I could afford or buy as many as some people on here , but then again I'm also glad I don't because of me working permanent 6-3 and other things l don't get enough time to watch all the films I buy ..cos I go to bed around 10:30 ish each night and with watching bits of TV and trying to play games I've bought and see Samantha , their just isn't time in the day for me .
But at end of the day we are all film collectors ..
Old 26th July 2017, 07:59 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Just tell us trebsy. What do you do for a living??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Keyser_Soze.jpg (26.4 KB, 16 views)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 26th July 2017, 09:49 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Keyser Soze doesn't buy as many games as Treb.
keirarts likes this.
Old 26th July 2017, 09:57 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Just tell us trebsy. What do you do for a living??
Old 26th July 2017, 10:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

There was a member here(not posted for a very long time) who traveled the world to horror film festivals, I used to think "how can they manage that", makes spending on films seem slight, spending the year in Europe, U.S. and all points in between watching shed load of festival films would no doubt cost so much that would make most of us weep, maybe they were retired with a tasty pension or the like(wasn't jealous in the slightest)
Old 26th July 2017, 10:31 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
There was a member here(not posted for a very long time) who traveled the world to horror film festivals, I used to think "how can they manage that", makes spending on films seem slight, spending the year in Europe, U.S. and all points in between watching shed load of festival films would no doubt cost so much that would make most of us weep, maybe they were retired with a tasty pension or the like(wasn't jealous in the slightest)
SShaw wasn't it?
keirarts likes this.
Old 26th July 2017, 10:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:

That sounds like SShaw
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 26th July 2017, 10:44 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
What baffles me more is the free time not the finances if I'm being honest. Most of what i buy these days is CEX or Amazon but i just don't come close to getting the time watch a fraction of the few bits i buy. Never mind factoring vid games and tv shows into it.
Old 26th July 2017, 10:52 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
What baffles me more is the free time not the finances if I'm being honest. Most of what i buy these days is CEX or Amazon but i just don't come close to getting the time watch a fraction of the few bits i buy. Never mind factoring vid games and tv shows into it.
True, it's the time with me as well.

Yes it can seem sometimes that i'm on here all day but it's only because i can have my PC on whilst i'm doing paper and laptop work and it only takes a moment to click refresh.

I'm usually busy or out up to 11am each day so it's very rare i'm on here before then and often have to go out during the day on appts.

What i'm trying to say is that being a presence on here is not the same thing as being able to watch films or tv all day as i'm sure b_e, Justin and others can testify to.

Like this? Share it using the links below!