Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

SharonLynette 2nd October 2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 278076)
These came in the post today :)

*no special features (trailer doesn't count as a special feature)

Attachment 83220 (my mum brought this film up in a conversation I was having with her. I bought it for her, but I'll watch it after her as it seems really good)*

Attachment 83221*Attachment 83222*(except interview with director Michael Haneke)

Attachment 83223* (A.K.A. Anthropophagus: The beast) Attachment 83224 (I just took a photo of the disc because it looked a bit like a pirate :D)

Attachment 83232*Attachment 83243

I have never seen any of these films.

I bought the American remake a few month ago, but refused to watch it until I saw the original (I'm weird like that).

What a sweet boy buying things for your mum! Bunny Lake is Missing is a great film though, I'd keep it for yourself and just let her view it!

demonknight 2nd October 2012 04:31 PM

Pre-ordered the universal classic monsters bluray coffin collection about two
months ago,and it finally arrived today and it was worth the long wait. It's
still sealed but it's a joy to behold. So nice looking i don't want to open it and
possibly destroy the aesthetic appeal that it has at the moment. If i could i'd
frame it and hang it up on the wall ha ha. Seriously though,it's NICE.

PaulD 2nd October 2012 04:32 PM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/03/na2yvabe.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/03/7yjebe2e.jpg

Bought these the other day. Not seen them in years

Rik 2nd October 2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonknight (Post 278146)
Pre-ordered the universal classic monsters bluray coffin collection about two
months ago,and it finally arrived today and it was worth the long wait. It's
still sealed but it's a joy to behold. So nice looking i don't want to open it and
possibly destroy the aesthetic appeal that it has at the moment. If i could i'd
frame it and hang it up on the wall ha ha. Seriously though,it's NICE.

I'm still pissed off that for some unexplained reason mine has been delayed by Sainsbury's, especially as people have received there's from them. I wasn't planning on watching the films until Halloween but that's not the frigging point! :mmph:

Nordicdusk 2nd October 2012 05:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 83290

Could not pass this up for €5. Its only Tuesday and i have gotten 20 films this week. I NEED HELP :doh:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 2nd October 2012 05:59 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Just ordered......

VicDakin 2nd October 2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 278161)
Attachment 83290

Could not pass this up for €5. Its only Tuesday and i have gotten 20 films this week. I NEED HELP :doh:

and probably some new shelves too :) :croc:

ArgentoFan1987 2nd October 2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Attachment 83290

Yep, I know how you feel :D I got paid on Friday, had about 20 DVD by Monday, Skint on Tuesday and there goes the story of Solomon Grundy.

Rik 2nd October 2012 06:08 PM

I was just toying with the idea about ordering Pet Sematary, probably will by the end of the week/day ha ha

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 2nd October 2012 06:09 PM

One of the best King adaps!

Nordicdusk 2nd October 2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 278182)
Yep, I know how you feel :D I got paid on Friday, had about 20 DVD by Monday, Skint on Tuesday and there goes the story of Solomon Grundy.

I seem to have a fear of money cause as soon as i get it in my wallet its like a cant wait to get it back out again and gone. Atleast when im old and lonely ill still have my films :lol:

SharonLynette 2nd October 2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Attachment 83290

No you don't, at this rate you are making me look good! Although an end of the week tally might tell a different story :blush:

Rik 2nd October 2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 278186)
One of the best King adaps!

Definitely and it holds a special place in my heart because the book was the first adult novel I read when I was 11 or 12, Fred Gwynne is excellent as always, only let down is the poor acting by Denise Crosbie

SharonLynette 2nd October 2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 278182)

Pretty much the same here although I do play the lottery so I do live in hope of being able to purchase more DVDs before the next pay day!

Nordicdusk 2nd October 2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 278194)
Pretty much the same here although I do play the lottery so I do live in hope of being able to purchase more DVDs before the next pay day!

I do the lotto all the time but im half afraid if i win it ill be one of those people that blows it all in no time. So have did you loose all that money bad investments the economy ,greedy friends and family... ERM no DVDS and Blu Rays

SharonLynette 2nd October 2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 278198)
I do the lotto all the time but im half afraid if i win it ill be one of those people that blows it all in no time. So have did you loose all that money bad investments the economy ,greedy friends and family... ERM no DVDS and Blu Rays

It depends on how extravagant you are though, I'd buy a lot more stuff but in things like clothes, food, drink, etc. I wouldn't really change that much. So I wouldn't blow a big chunk of it straight away. Of course I wouldn't mainly dedicate my life to being a stay at home cat lady with a lot of films to watch!

Nordicdusk 2nd October 2012 06:50 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 278202)
It depends on how extravagant you are though, I'd buy a lot more stuff but in things like clothes, food, drink, etc. I wouldn't really change that much. So I wouldn't blow a big chunk of it straight away. Of course I wouldn't mainly dedicate my life to being a stay at home cat lady with a lot of films to watch!

Sorry for being off topic but first thing i would buy with the lotto. A whole fleet of Hot Rods , Rat Rods and Bobbers.

Attachment 83391

Attachment 83392

Attachment 83393

Hawkmonger 2nd October 2012 06:57 PM

When are we getting a Graveyard Shift BD either side of the pond?

Rik 2nd October 2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 278220)
When are we getting a Graveyard Shift BD either side of the pond?

Hopefully never, one of the worst things to bear King's name, frigging horrendous film!

Hawkmonger 2nd October 2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 278221)
Hopefully never, one of the worst things to bear King's name, frigging horrendous film!

Ah well, different strokes. I think it's one of the better.

Rik 2nd October 2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 278224)

:eek::shocked:

Hawkmonger 2nd October 2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 278226)
:eek::shocked:

I mean it. Most of the other's people like I can't stand.
Cat's Eye? Shit. Maximum Overdrive? Shite. Needful Thing's? Ok, I actualy like that one. SpiritCatcher? More like SPITCatcher.
Graveyard Shift has a ****ing giant rat in it. What's not to like?

Rik 2nd October 2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 278232)
I mean it. Most of the other's people like I can't stand.
Cat's Eye? Shit. Maximum Overdrive? Shite. Needful Thing's? Ok, I actualy like that one. SpiritCatcher? More like SPITCatcher.
Graveyard Shift has a ****ing giant rat in it. What's not to like?

I agree about Maximum Overdrive, Hell so does Stephen King himself, do you mean Dreamcatcher? If so, then that is a great film, obviously not as good as the book(they rarely are, ahem The Shining anybody) I think if you read the short story Graveyard Shift you may have a different opinion, but each to their own :)

Hawkmonger 2nd October 2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 278233)
I agree about Maximum Overdrive, Hell so does Stephen King himself, do you mean Dreamcatcher? If so, then that is a great film, obviously not as good as the book(they rarely are, ahem The Shining anybody) I think if you read the short story Graveyard Shift you may have a different opinion, but each to their own :)

That's the one. Alien grub's isn't it? Form a human at one point. After that I just switched off. I really didn't like it, and don't feel i'll return to it soon.
As for the work's of Mr. King, I appreciate what he has done for the horror community, but I couldn't get over the fact that, no matter how could alot of his work may be, he's a bit of a dick. That alway's mard the few book's of his I have read.

SharonLynette 2nd October 2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 278216)
Sorry for being off topic but first thing i would buy with the lotto. A whole fleet of Hot Rods , Rat Rods and Bobbers.

Attachment 83391

Attachment 83392

Attachment 83393

ah that reminded me, not related to your wants but thinking of extravagant lotto buys there was a full size Creature from the Black Lagoon figure I wanted for my bathroom! I think I've been dreaming about getting this for the last decade.

This one here!

Sorry for being off topic too!!!!

oaxaca 2nd October 2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 278237)
That's the one. Alien grub's isn't it? Form a human at one point. After that I just switched off. I really didn't like it, and don't feel i'll return to it soon.
As for the work's of Mr. King, I appreciate what he has done for the horror community, but I couldn't get over the fact that, no matter how could alot of his work may be, he's a bit of a dick. That alway's mard the few book's of his I have read.

Alien grubs yeah, called shitweasels in the film/book; great name :D As for the film itself, pretty dire, book was much better I agree.

Why's King a dick then? Does he come across that way in interviews? I must admit to not ever really having heard or seen him talk in an interview. He'll always be a legend to me as I've grown up with his books and films. SALEMS LOT will always be my fave horror movie/series of all time :D

And I for one reeeealy enjoy GRAVEYARD SHIFT (both book and film - despite them being totally different!)... I'd be all over a BD release.

I'll be buying MISERY (UK), THINNER (US) & SLEEPWALKERS BDs very soon and need to pick CUJO up too in the long run. PET SEMETARY is great but I'm happy with the DVD set (containing 1 & 2) for now.

re.form 2nd October 2012 08:55 PM

I can't agree that Maximum Overdrive is shit. It's 80's cheesy goodness with Killer Trucks and an AC/DC soundtrack. Considering some of the films I see people on here actually double or triple dipping for... :confused:

Rik 2nd October 2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re.form (Post 278266)
I can't agree that Maximum Overdrive is shit. It's 80's cheesy goodness with Killer Trucks and an AC/DC soundtrack. Considering some of the films I see people on here actually double or triple dipping for... :confused:

The soundtrack is awesome, I think I have it cassette somewhere :rockon:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 2nd October 2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 278224)

I saw this in the bloody cinema!:lol:
Daftly enjoyable.:nod:

g053584398 2nd October 2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 278238)
ah that reminded me, not related to your wants but thinking of extravagant lotto buys there was a full size Creature from the Black Lagoon figure I wanted for my bathroom! I think I've been dreaming about getting this for the last decade.

This one here!

Sorry for being off topic too!!!!

If only all girls were as kooky as you!

platostotal 3rd October 2012 12:57 AM

I plan on getting PROMETHEUS on blu, what with it's improved beginning, ahem, perhaps the alien beings find a more scientific way to awaken human life than chucking yourself in the river and hoping for the best,ahem. Love you Ridley, but jeez.

SharonLynette 3rd October 2012 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g053584398 (Post 278301)
If only all girls were as kooky as you!

ah, in my experience men say that at first and then go for the nice normal girl in the long run :mmph:

of course the last two relationships I ended so it could be that I'm just whining for the sake of it!

ArgentoFan1987 3rd October 2012 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 278319)
ah, in my experience men say that at first and then go for the nice normal girl in the long run :mmph:

of course the last two relationships I ended so it could be that I'm just whining for the sake of it!

Nah, "normal" is boring. Weird is where it's at for me.
But then again, I'm the most abnormal person on the Planet!

PaulD 3rd October 2012 07:29 AM

Picked up last year's The Thing preqmake (portmanteau words ftw!) on DVD for £3 in HMV last night. Low expectations but, y'know, £3

Hawkmonger 3rd October 2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 278310)
I plan on getting PROMETHEUS on blu, what with it's improved beginning, ahem, perhaps the alien beings find a more scientific way to awaken human life than chucking yourself in the river and hoping for the best,ahem. Love you Ridley, but jeez.

That actualy make's sense considering the nature of the 'substance' he consumed before hand. And science to dictate that an entire race has a significatnly higher chance of begining (on a micro level) than you might expect, a single human cell could begin a chain reaction of creation 0.012/10 time's. Might seem really small but hey, a population a 7 Billion now.

keirarts 3rd October 2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampix (Post 277991)
Evilspeak is one of the better former video nasties IMO.The version oaxaca has is quite heavily cut though, I seem to recall.Unfortunately I think the ABUK set is now out of print.

Amazon.co.uk: Buying Choices: Evilspeak [1981] [DVD]

Still not a massively dear movie.....yet.

Bare in mind I went out day of release and paid about £15 for this brand new.

bdc 3rd October 2012 09:10 AM

Just received these from France... :)
Only The Devil's Plaything is English friendly btw.

Crypte du vampire, La aka Crypt of the Vampire (1964) (Artus)
Château des messes noires, Le aka Devil's Plaything, The (1973) (Artus)
Cimetière des morts vivants, Le aka Terror Creatures from the Grave aka Cemetery of the Living Dead (1965) (Artus)

http://dv1.us/p1/448/187448-d0.jpg http://dv1.us/p1/446/187446-d0.jpg http://dv1.us/p1/447/187447-d0.jpg

sawyer6 3rd October 2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 278347)
Just received these from France... :)
Only The Devil's Plaything is English friendly btw.

Crypte du vampire, La aka Crypt of the Vampire (1964) (Artus)
Château des messes noires, Le aka Devil's Plaything, The (1973) (Artus)
Cimetière des morts vivants, Le aka Terror Creatures from the Grave aka Cemetery of the Living Dead (1965) (Artus)

http://dv1.us/p1/448/187448-d0.jpg http://dv1.us/p1/446/187446-d0.jpg http://dv1.us/p1/447/187447-d0.jpg

What a lovely label :)

BAKA 3rd October 2012 11:54 AM

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/...A/pickup72.jpg
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/.../pickup72a.jpg

Purchases since my last post (a little over a month, maybe). It's really been an amazing time for releases. The build up to Halloween is slowly creeping in, I imagine next months will be 90% horror movies, although sadly a lot of what I planned to purchase is region locked -_-. Thankfully I have the delights of Eureka, BFI, Arrow and SecondSight to keep me occupied.

g053584398 3rd October 2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 278319)

'Normal' girls are overrated and a little bit dull I reckon!