Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 10th February 2011 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 127375)
Today:

Slugs
The Stuff
Witchcraft
What Have You Done To Solange?
The Vurgin Of Nuremberg
Fido
Spread
King Of The Hill
Feast Of Satan

Some nice pick-ups there, Goji - which version of Solange did you get?

Slugs is a guilty pleasure of mine - with lines like: "After I've dealt with these slugs, what do you say to we get naked and crazy?" how could you not like it! :lol:

TALL DUDE 10th February 2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 127385)
Please let us know how The Ghoul looks. I'm wondering if it'll ever get a decent release so I should grab any old copy sometime I suppose.

Not holding out much hope as most of the reviews say its a vhs rip and a bit washed out but bugger it its been years since i seen it,and to be honest nostalgia has a lot to do with buying it. Anyroad its on its way fae sunny ireland.:)

If anyones interested amazon.com has the set for $1.05c!!!:cool:

TALL DUDE 10th February 2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 127367)
I also much preferred London to Brighton but found Cherry Cherry Lane to be a chilling exploration in revenge; my review is here if you are interested.

Dont deny i was rooting for the hubby but felt the 'hoodies' were a bit one dimensional apart from the ring leader who was a right nasty bugger. Loved the ending though,did he or didnt he?:eek:

oaxaca 10th February 2011 06:45 PM

Just got Powell & Pressburgers THE RED SHOES (1948) for a decent price using that PriceMinister £5 off voucher code I mentioned in the blu-ray bargains thread.

the blob 10th February 2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TALL DUDE (Post 127409)
Not holding out much hope as most of the reviews say its a vhs rip and a bit washed out but bugger it its been years since i seen it,and to be honest nostalgia has a lot to do with buying it. Anyroad its on its way fae sunny ireland.:)

If anyones interested amazon.com has the set for $1.05c!!!:cool:

Same here. I haven't seen it since the old days of BBC double bills and it seems to have developed a bad rep but I remember enjoying it immensely the few times I saw it when I was a lot younger... :)

TALL DUDE 10th February 2011 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 127421)
Same here. I haven't seen it since the old days of BBC double bills and it seems to have developed a bad rep but I remember enjoying it immensely the few times I saw it when I was a lot younger... :)

Yup and im a big fan of old pete so nuff said.Will let ya know of its condition when it arrives dude:)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th February 2011 08:13 PM

I thought of the five disc Planet of the Apes Blu-ray box set and, because of watching Vamp, Fright Night for all of £3.19.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 10th February 2011 08:18 PM

Watched Santa Sangre last night and it was a real treat seeing it in HD. I can confirm that Severin's Blu-Ray is Region All too.

BioZombie 10th February 2011 08:56 PM

My copy of The Spook Who Sat By The Door came through the door today. Looking forward to watching it.

Plus got the japanese flick House and The Super Ninja on rental from Love Film.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 11th February 2011 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TALL DUDE (Post 127364)
Any of you fine folks seen the british home invasion movie cherry tree lane? Got it at hmv at the weekend and was a bit disappointed with it.:(
Much preffered the same directors london to brighton.

Got both this and F in the to watch pile.:nod:

Can't beat EDEN LAKE for a good bit of Brit terror!