Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Make Them Die Slowly 10th October 2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 280538)
I thought this was a severed hand at first, was wondering how you'd fit in the DVD player :confused:

Me too, it doesn't look real.

Nordicdusk 10th October 2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 280540)

Wow im all paranoid now that i have weird hands time to invest in a pair of gloves i think.

SharonLynette 10th October 2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 280540)

I keep looking at my own hands now with a look of confusion/disgust, I need to moisturise more.

SharonLynette 10th October 2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 280543)
Wow im all paranoid now that i have weird hands time to invest in a pair of gloves i think.

Do you moisturise? They look well taken care of!

Make Them Die Slowly 10th October 2012 05:57 PM

Picked up THE THING remake and the HALLOWEEN remake today. I can't decide if I did this in the spirit of adventure or some act of self loathing that I'm unaware of at present.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th October 2012 05:58 PM

My Halloween 4 & 5 BDs have been shipped from HMV along with, for a bit of variety, 101 Dalmatians, from Play!

ArgentoFan1987 10th October 2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 280549)
Picked up THE THING remake and the HALLOWEEN remake today. I can't decide if I did this in the spirit of adventure or some act of self loathing that I'm unaware of at present.

I love Rob Zombie's Halloween films.

The Thing remake goes without saying. Most people know it one of the best remakes ever made!

Rik 10th October 2012 06:10 PM

Seems to me like everyone who's ordered from HMV has had their orders ship, now the race begins to see who posts pics of their Halloween BD's first :car:

Nordicdusk 10th October 2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 280547)
Do you moisturise? They look well taken care of!

No guess im just lucky :lol:

Rik 10th October 2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 280555)
I love Rob Zombie's Halloween films.

The Thing remake goes without saying. Most people know it one of the best remakes ever made!

I would imagine MTDS means the Thing prequel, still an enjoyable film all the same, however not a patch on Carpenters film(my second favourite of his after the one with the messed up bloke in a Captain Kirk mask)

VicDakin 10th October 2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

why don't you just get a stranger to kick you in the knackers,at least the pain would be over with sooner than watching those two.

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th October 2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VicDakin (Post 280564)
why don't you just get a stranger to kick you in the knackers,at least the pain would be over with sooner than watching those two.

Doesn't have to be a stranger. ;)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th October 2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 280562)
I would imagine MTDS means the Thing prequel, still an enjoyable film all the same, however not a patch on Carpenters film(my second favourite of his after the one with the messed up bloke in a Captain Kirk mask)

The Thing prequel isn't great, but it is reasonably enjoyable. The same can't be said for the abysmal Halloween remake.

However, I would rather watch them as a double bill than receive a hard kick in my soft 'n danglies!

oaxaca 10th October 2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 280556)
Seems to me like everyone who's ordered from HMV has had their orders ship, now the race begins to see who posts pics of their Halloween BD's first :car:

Not me!! :(

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th October 2012 06:40 PM

Based on Dem's review, I've just ordered Dead Scared from Amazon Marketplace for £1.50 including delivery!

Rik 10th October 2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 280578)
Based on Dem's review, I've just ordered Dead Scared from Amazon Marketplace for £1.50 including delivery!

What he said! So if it's crap Dem owes us £1.50 each! :lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th October 2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 280579)

I can live with paying £1.50 for a mediocre or even crap film!

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th October 2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 280579)

That's null and void as i've posted stills as well, (about 100, on the film stills thread) so you get a good idea of what its like Rik. :p

Rik 10th October 2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 280585)
That's null and void as i've posted stills as well, (about 100, on the film stills thread) so you get a good idea of what its like Rik. :p

I know, that's what made me buy it ha ha ;)

marvinnashsear 10th October 2012 06:51 PM

Just a question. Is series 3 of Eastbound and Down a 15 cert? Every picture on the net says it is but one of the commentaries was rated 18 by the bbfc. If its cut i'd go for the region 1. Just looking for a clarification.

Rik 10th October 2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 280341)
I haven't bought anything this week, best ring the doctor in the morning, I must be coming down with something:confused:

So I rang the Doctor and he said everything was fine, just a minor glitch so today I've bought all this lot, must remember to get Mr Postman a four pack at Christmas, poor sod :lol:

1st 3 are from our very own Sith Lord, Darthelvis

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg
http://cinedelphia.com/wp-content/up...Brains-DVD.jpg

This is a result of a cracking review and stills post from Demdike

And these two are upgrades

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...xpB20_dUYj7UnQ
http://wowmonstershow.files.wordpres...een-bluray.jpg

Right, that's definitely it for this month now!

Criterion7 10th October 2012 09:26 PM

Picked up two great ones at best buy today.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...frL-CGnoHCNA6z

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...qt82bxPnK1YqIT

Going to have to do an update on my collection soon.

Ironically the only Halloween I don't have in blu is the original. Waiting for a better version to come out. Hopefully after the October theatre release.

Make Them Die Slowly 10th October 2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

I discovered when I took the plastic cover off HALLOWEEN, the bloody great price sticker had been hiding the number II.:doh: Any how I watched it and it's f*cking great. I'll post a review of sorts on the Cult Lab Members Film Review thread.

And Demdike and Vic, as much as it lightens my heart to have you both think about my knackers, keep your hands off.

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th October 2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 280620)
I discovered when I took the plastic cover off HALLOWEEN, the bloody great price sticker had been hiding the number II.:doh: Any how I watched it and it's f*cking great. I'll post a review of sorts on the Cult Lab Members Film Review thread.

And Demdike and Vic, as much as it lightens my heart to have you both think about my knackers, keep your hands off.

Pretty sure neither I nor Vic mentioned hands. Boots i think it was. :lol:

Look forward to the review MTDS. :clap:

Rik 10th October 2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowFan (Post 280619)
Ironically the only Halloween I don't have in blu is the original. Waiting for a better version to come out. Hopefully after the October theatre release.

I hear there is going to be a new release, which is why the UK one has shot up in price all over the place, thankfully I found it for just over £5 brand new delivered. I'll no doubt buy another if it has better extras than this one

Make Them Die Slowly 10th October 2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 280624)

But a chemists makes no sense.:confused:

Rik 10th October 2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 280620)

:woot::woot: There's two of us that like this film then (well 3 if you count RZ too)

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th October 2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 280624)

Look forward to the review MTDS. :clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 280626)
But a chemists makes no sense.:confused:

Other high street chemists are available.

VicDakin 10th October 2012 09:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
the words Rob and Halloween make my blood boil :mmph:

Attachment 85696

Make Them Die Slowly 10th October 2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VicDakin (Post 280632)
the words Rob and Halloween make my blood boil :mmph:

Attachment 85696

Shouldn't that be in the photos of members thread.

VicDakin 10th October 2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 280633)
Shouldn't that be in the photos of members thread.

badabum tsch - lame joke drumsound - YouTube

Rik 10th October 2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VicDakin (Post 280634)

It's happening again :pound::pound:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-nDe-4agHvA...e-Stooges2.jpg

Criterion7 10th October 2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 280625)
I hear there is going to be a new release, which is why the UK one has shot up in price all over the place, thankfully I found it for just over £5 brand new delivered. I'll no doubt buy another if it has better extras than this one

The blu of the original Halloween goes for about 6-10 around here. Does the UK edition have anything extra that the r1 doesn't?

Rik 10th October 2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowFan (Post 280640)
The blu of the original Halloween goes for about 6-10 around here. Does the UK edition have anything extra that the r1 doesn't?

The UK one isn't listed for comparison on dvdcompare.net but it looks like it has the same extras, I'm sure somebody on here will know more than me about it

piraterob 10th October 2012 10:45 PM

funny enough i saw brotherhood of the wolf last night not knowing what it was and i found it pretty impressive. tell me though the creature from Africa is it just a large wolf?

platostotal 10th October 2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piraterob (Post 280662)
funny enough i saw brotherhood of the wolf last night not knowing what it was and i found it pretty impressive. tell me though the creature from Africa is it just a large wolf?

It's a lion in armour if I recall.

keirarts 10th October 2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 280627)
:woot::woot: There's two of us that like this film then (well 3 if you count RZ too)

I liked it too....!

Oh and DEAD SCARED is loads of fun, everyone should buy it at £1.50. I've had the film on my shelf for years, its unnasuming fun!

sawyer6 10th October 2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 280670)
It's a lion in armour if I recall.

Indeed

keirarts 10th October 2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 280643)
The UK one isn't listed for comparison on dvdcompare.net but it looks like it has the same extras, I'm sure somebody on here will know more than me about it

The halloween blu released in the uk has the commentary track but is missing any of the documentary materials from the dvd releases. I got mine for £3.99 from cash generator but I wouldent fork out more than that, I'm willing to bet a better release of Halloween (origional) is around the corner. Baring in mind the orgional dvd had halloween unmasked 25 minute featurette, while the later release looked better and had the 87 minute cut above the rest documentary and an on location featurette,, plus theres the other uk release with the TV version as well, with all this stuff floating about surely a better release is on it's way!

Criterion7 10th October 2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 280673)
The halloween blu released in the uk has the commentary track but is missing any of the documentary materials from the dvd releases. I got mine for £3.99 from cash generator but I wouldent fork out more than that, I'm willing to bet a better release of Halloween (origional) is around the corner. Baring in mind the orgional dvd had halloween unmasked 25 minute featurette, while the later release looked better and had the 87 minute cut above the rest documentary and an on location featurette,, plus theres the other uk release with the TV version as well, with all this stuff floating about surely a better release is on it's way!

Thanks. I saw the diviax sd dvd at the store with the 87 minute documentary but I am holding out for a blu that has that has at least that on it,