Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th January 2018 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 563024)
What films are included and how much if you don't mind me asking?

Of course not, Treb.

The films in question are - Doctor X, The Return of Doctor X, Mark of the Vampire, The Mask of Fu Manchu, Mad Love, and The Devil-Doll.

I haven't seen any of them before. Mark of the Vampire is the big draw for me.

It was £13.24 delivered. It's quite a bit more expensive than that on Amazon marketplace.

With a bit of luck i'll be able to start watching it next weekend.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 15th January 2018 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 563026)
Of course not, Treb.

The films in question are - Doctor X, The Return of Doctor X, Mark of the Vampire, The Mask of Fu Manchu, Mad Love, and The Devil-Doll.

I haven't seen any of them before. Mark of the Vampire is the big draw for me.

It was £13.24 delivered. It's quite a bit more expensive than that on Amazon marketplace.

With a bit of luck i'll be able to start watching it next weekend.

The only one I haven't seen from those is The Return of Doctor X.

A very worthwhile purchase, Dem. :nod:

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th January 2018 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 563034)
The only one I haven't seen from those is The Return of Doctor X.

A very worthwhile purchase, Dem. :nod:

Thank you.

Bogie is the star of that one if i'm not mistaken. His only horror film.

The set has been knocking about for years but i never picked it up for whatever reason. It then went out of print. Hopefully this newer Archive collection release will be less bulky (and cardboardy) than the original release.

Rik 15th January 2018 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 562991)
Amazon still haven’t sent my copy out, so I’m gonna try pick it up from Sainsbury’s after this evenings lesson, because I really wanna watch it again tonight :nod:

Went to the pub instead :lol:

Dave Boy 15th January 2018 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 563035)
Thank you.
The set has been knocking about for years but i never picked it up for whatever reason. It then went out of print. Hopefully this newer Archive collection release will be less bulky (and cardboardy) than the original release.

I have the original set. It's a great release with good commentary tracks. :nod:

Nostalgic 15th January 2018 07:59 PM

Picked up the IT steelbook from hmv.....awesome artwork

trebor8273 15th January 2018 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 563040)
Picked up the IT steelbook from hmv.....awesome artwork

Shame they didn't do a 4k steel book.

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th January 2018 08:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got the Japanese blu-ray of John Wick Chapter 2. Made a little video of the blu-ray to post on Facebok, but they’re being arseholes and deleted it because it has music from the film over it. They do the same on Instagram sometimes as Facebook owns that as well, but for some reason, IG had no problem with the music, basically making a mockery of their own policy.

Attachment 200606

iank 15th January 2018 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 563043)
Got the Japanese blu-ray of John Wick Chapter 2. Made a little video of the blu-ray to post on Facebok, but they’re being arseholes and deleted it because it has music from the film over it. They do the same on Instagram sometimes as Facebook owns that as well, but for some reason, IG had no problem with the music, basically making a mockery of their own policy.

Attachment 200606

In a truly hilarious piece of schaundenfraude, the BBC actually accidentally blocked some of their own official YouTube channel's content on copyright grounds the other week. :lol::pound:

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th January 2018 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iank (Post 563044)
In a truly hilarious piece of schaundenfraude, the BBC actually accidentally blocked some of their own official YouTube channel's content on copyright grounds the other week. :lol::pound:

Welrd isn’t it? For the life of me I can’t remember what it was, bit I clicked on a Youtube video from Channel 4 recently, only to be told ot was blocked in my country. Doh!