Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151400Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th January 2018, 11:57 PM
Cult Acolyte

Blind buy from JB:

Thought I'd take a punt on this, trailer was good, got generally very good reviews and it certainly looks and sounds like my cup of tea, so...
Old 30th January 2018, 12:40 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Discovered that the new US blu-ray of Dario Argento's Opera is region b friendly so I ordered it from wow hd.

11.46 pounds is a good price for a brand new title being shipped over to the UK. I know that there has been some criticism of the image sometimes shaking a bit but I'm hoping that won't affect my enjoyment too much.

This latest version looks far superior to the Japanese and German blu-rays which I've previously bought. There's significantly more picture information (which does look correct), better detail, improved colours and no hiss (yay!) on the English soundtrack.

It may have been smarter to await and compare to the forthcoming Shameless UK release but this is one of my favourite Argento films so I ordered it anyway. Am really looking forward to seeing this new disc.

btw Not too fussed about missing out on the later US 'deluxe edition' as I strongly prefer using the post-Cannes English soundtrack.
Old 30th January 2018, 12:50 AM
Cult Acolyte

Arrived:

Old 30th January 2018, 07:01 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Ordered in HMV's 2 for £25 offer:

Plus pre-ordered some March Powerhouse titles too:

Old 30th January 2018, 12:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Had an email from HMV earlier about my Cat o Nine Tails set, saying they’re having trouble getting the stock from the suppliers, which is why it’s still not been sent out yet!

Anyone had theirs from HMV yet?

“Dear hmv Customer,

We’re getting in touch regarding your recent pre-order with store.hmv.com:

The Cat O’ Nine Tails Limited Edition

Due to manufacturing issues, there has unfortunately been a delay in receiving the above item and we have not yet been able to fulfil your order. However, we have been assured by the suppliers that stock is due to arrive with us next week and as soon as this reaches us, we will process and dispatch your order immediately, sending you a further email once this has been completed.

On behalf of hmv and our suppliers, apologies for any disappointment caused by the delay. We will do our utmost to get this to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Customer Service Team”
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 30th January 2018, 12:24 PM
Cult Acolyte

That's a shame. They had plenty in store at HMV today.
Old 30th January 2018, 02:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

some cheap 88 stuff from Amazon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg amuck.jpg (23.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg ant.jpg (21.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg blood.jpg (24.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg ghosdt.jpg (21.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg gull.jpg (53.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg happy.jpg (18.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg masked.jpg (24.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg touch.jpg (19.7 KB, 6 views)
Old 30th January 2018, 03:11 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Had an email from HMV earlier about my Cat o Nine Tails set, saying they’re having trouble getting the stock from the suppliers, which is why it’s still not been sent out yet!

Anyone had theirs from HMV yet?

“Dear hmv Customer,

We’re getting in touch regarding your recent pre-order with store.hmv.com:

The Cat O’ Nine Tails Limited Edition

Due to manufacturing issues, there has unfortunately been a delay in receiving the above item and we have not yet been able to fulfil your order. However, we have been assured by the suppliers that stock is due to arrive with us next week and as soon as this reaches us, we will process and dispatch your order immediately, sending you a further email once this has been completed.

On behalf of hmv and our suppliers, apologies for any disappointment caused by the delay. We will do our utmost to get this to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Customer Service Team”
I actually cancelled my order last week, £25 is too much for a single film and a book I'm never going to read...
keirarts likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 30th January 2018, 03:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I actually cancelled my order last week, £25 is too much for a single film and a book I'm never going to read...
It is bloody expensive. I'm really surprised that the Cat 'O Nine Tails blu-ray price didn't significantly drop. For many folks, it's not even one of their favourite Argento films. If I had the patience, it would have been wiser to hold out for a 'regular edition' release.

Am currently waiting for Amazon to deliver my copy. Is supposed to be arriving today. 4.50 pm and it's still not here. We won't be able to watch until Thursday but I would like to hold it in my hands.

Like this? Share it using the links below!