Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

kingofwitches666 6th March 2011 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 133054)
Wahey!! I got PHENOMENA through the door today too :D At last!! What a great film and, from what reviews I've read, a great job by ARROW too. It certainly looks like another top package.

Got HELLRAISER the other week. Not watched it yet though. I did see VAMP last night and the AV was super. Great comedy-horror, very 80's :D... Loved Grace Jones' role as the lead vampire. Had read some reviews before watching it that she only had a cameobut I thought her part was a little bit more substantial than that. She certainly had a great presence and looked even creepier than usual with her fangs. :eyebrows:

You watched Phenomena yet oaxaca? I watched it last night, it's absolutley superb mate. I have great love for this film as it was the first Argento film I ever saw when it was released by Palace as Creepers back in the day. Was chuffed to see one of the artwork panels was from that video release, nice one. :thumb:

Totally with you on Vamp buddy, another superb disc. Oh Arrow your really are spoiling us! :D

Not watched Hellraiser either yet.

oaxaca 6th March 2011 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 (Post 133504)
You watched Phenomena yet oaxaca? I watched it last night, it's absolutley superb mate. I have great love for this film as it was the first Argento film I ever saw when it was released by Palace as Creepers back in the day. Was chuffed to see one of the artwork panels was from that video release, nice one. :thumb:

Totally with you on Vamp buddy, another superb disc. Oh Arrow your really are spoiling us! :D

Not watched Hellraiser either yet.

Hey kingofwitches, just watching it as I'm typing this... Great film I agree, right up there with his other masterpieces.

Absolutely amazed by the picture so far, I never imagined it could be improved so much. Very impressed! Love the Swiss scenery & close up insect shots, very unique. Arrow's best in terms of PQ so far I reckon... Roll on THE BEYOND!!! :D

oaxaca 6th March 2011 05:31 PM

Bought FLASH GORDON 30th anniversary edition steelbook from cex earlier for £15... couldn't resist. A stone-cold classic :D:eyebrows:

bdc 6th March 2011 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 133292)
I like to save photo's of dvd's I intend to purchase in my pictures folder on my laptop, so I can easily remeber what I want to pick up........the photo of the HBTM cover has been there since the disc was first released. :lol:

:lol:

Make certain you get the AB dvd as the Columbia TriStar has a new soundtrack added.

Nemesis 6th March 2011 08:25 PM

Ordered and pre-ordered:

Die Screaming, Marianne
Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh
Fernando Di Leo Crime Collection

Sargento 6th March 2011 08:42 PM

Just won ..

Manhattan Baby (Shameless)

On ebay .. I saw it as The Possession all those years ago .. on EV. Can't remember it at all, but the write up on the back is nothing less than hilarious ... and by the sound of it .. very honest!

bdc 6th March 2011 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 133546)
Just won ..

On ebay .. I saw it as The Possession all those years ago .. on EV. Can't remember it at all, but the write up on the back is nothing less than hilarious ... and by the sound of it .. very honest!

Congrats Sarg!

PaulD 6th March 2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 133546)
Just won ..

Just out of interest how much did it go for? I only ask as I keep watching Shameless dvds on eBay hoping they'll go for much less than the £5/£6 they're priced at HMV and they never really go much lower.

Sargento 6th March 2011 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 133565)
Just out of interest how much did it go for? I only ask as I keep watching Shameless dvds on eBay hoping they'll go for much less than the £5/£6 they're priced at HMV and they never really go much lower.

Paul I don't think it went for more than £2.90 plus £1.00 postage .. I do get lucky sometimes. Then again, I only bid up to what I am willing to pay ... check Play .. cos they are normally cheap anyway.

My HMV is rip off anyway! they range from £6.00 to £18.00 .. shocking

PaulD 6th March 2011 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 133567)
Paul I don't think it went for more than £2.90 plus £1.00 postage .. I do get lucky sometimes. Then again, I only bid up to what I am willing to pay ... check Play .. cos they are normally cheap anyway.

My HMV is rip off anyway! they range from £6.00 to £18.00 .. shocking

The one in Newcastle is pretty decent, like I say abour £5 or £6 per title but I'm so skint at the minute I'd still rather pay less if I can. They even have the Shameless titles displayed on a wall next to the horror section, which is pretty cool.